Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

University Of Oklahoma College of Dentistry

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by molar2375, Nov 10, 2000.

1. molar2375

molar2375 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Is anyone applying to OU by any chance????
    Just wondering :p

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DBEAR

DBEAR Member
    10+ Year Member

I interviewd there 3 years ago. Let me know if I can answer any of your questions

4. molar2375

molar2375 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

3years ago??? where do you go to school now?

5. DBEAR

DBEAR Member
    10+ Year Member

I go to Baylor. Let me know if you have any ?.

6. molar2375

molar2375 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I really don't have any questions thank you though....I have a distant cousin who graduated from Baylor recently...her husband graduated from there with her as well...small world....do you remember Pushpa or Anand Patel by any chance???

7. allsmiles

allsmiles Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm applying to go there now. It's a great school.

8. allsmiles

allsmiles Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

If you interviewed there, were you an oklahoma resident? If so, why did you choose to go to baylor instead of OU.

9. molar2375

molar2375 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

GREAT!!! have you had your interview???? if so do you remember who interviewed you???? I know they are having their first meeting this thursday....and the second one is i think the second week of December....hopefully we both will get in.... [​IMG]))

10. allsmiles

allsmiles Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I had my interview on Oct 9. I had a Dr. Haney and I don't remember the other gentleman, he was a dentist from OKC though. Yep, I'm pretty nervous for December 1st. I heard that the first meeting is usually taken up with who will get the 4 out of state spots, so most people don't hear until around the 1st of January. What college do you attend?

11. molar2375

molar2375 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Was the other doctor Dr. Harroz or Dr. Cohlimia by any chance??? I graduated from OU...how about you???

12. allsmiles

allsmiles Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I don't remember his name, but he was really nice. About 6'4" and black. He was in the military. I go to ACU in texas right now.

13. DBEAR

DBEAR Member
    10+ Year Member

There are a couple of reasons why I am at Baylor. First, while at my interview I ask the students if they liked the school and the 3 different people I asked didn't really have anything good to say about it. Second, I asked dentist in my area where I should go and most of them said I should go to Baylor and even the one's who went to UT-SA, UT-H, and OU said that I should go to Baylor . Finally, I am in-state here in Texas therefore I save $$. On a side note, When I interviewed there I had the same people interview me, allsmiles. Also in another side note molar mentioned Dr. Cohlimia. There is a part-time Doctor here with the same name that I know lives in Oklahoma. Maybe this is the same guy?? Anyway, this was just my experience in the interview process and you may have a totally different view of the schools. Good Luck!

14. molar2375

molar2375 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

That's a scary thought....do you by any chance know why or what these students said about the school?? I know that it's very political and students really have to kiss ass for fear of getting on the bad side of any prof.....I don't know? If you have heard anything good or bad will you please share your experiences???

15. molar2375

molar2375 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

That's a scary thought....do you by any chance know why or what these students said about the school?? I know that it's very political and students really have to kiss ass for fear of getting on the bad side of any prof.....I don't know? If you have heard anything good or bad will you please share your experiences???

16. allsmiles

allsmiles Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks for the info DBEAR, I appreciate it.