SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

University of Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Cookie, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Cookie

Cookie Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 5, 2001
    Has anybody applied / interviewed/ accepted at university of oklahoma??

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DocJ

DocJ Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 14, 2001
    Utah
    I was accepted there just a couple of days ago. Why? :)

4. Cookie

Cookie Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 5, 2001
    Congratulations. It is just that I called today to check on the status of my application and they said that they had sent me a letter couple of days ago. I don't know if it is an interview or rejection letter..they wouldn't tell me over the phone. If you don't mind sharing your stats and if you are out of state !! Also if they have notified you for the interview by mail/email/phone? and how long did they take to get back to you after the interview? I really appreciate it.

5. DocJ

Oct 14, 2001
    Utah
    I got the invitation letter on about the 15th of November. I interviewed on a Tuesday...it was the first day of interviews, and I got my letter here in Utah on the following Monday. I interviewed on the 29th, and the acceptance letter was postmarked the 30th. I am a Utah resident, but I have close ties to Oklahoma. My stats are 3.97/33Q/BS Molec. Bio/BA Russian. I know that they don't accept many out-of-staters, but I think they basically considered me an Oklahoman because my wife is from Oklahoma. Are you from Oklahoma? I was the only non-Oklahoman there.

6. Jalopycat

Jalopycat 10+ Year Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Cookie, I'm with you. I haven't heard a word since I received their letter requesting my reference letters. My advisor said they interview for three days in November, January, and February, and they start at the top of the list as far as gpa and mcat go. So, if you stats are a bit lower like mine, I guess you don't hear anything until later. My advisor is pretty positive I'll get an interview, so I'm trying not to freak out that I haven't heard anything. Maybe it's the same with you, although I'm curious what your letter says. I hope it's good news.

7. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned Banned

Nov 5, 1999
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I got an interview offer around the first of November but turned it down.

DocJ, I'm curious what you thought of OU. Is it one of your top choices or a backup school?

8. DocJ

Oct 14, 2001
    Utah
    It's one of my top choices, especially since we really want to live close to family. I like Oklahoma City as a place to live, too. I like what David Boren is doing by improving the campus and pouring money into the school.