University of Oklahoma?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glamqueen

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this school? Do they take any out-of-staters? Give me the scoop!

Members don't see this ad.

Stats from MSAR for OU:

In-state: 356 applied, 246 interviewed, 140 matriculated
Out-of-state: 708 applied, 31 interviewed, 18 matriculated

Thanks - I appreciate it, but does anyone know anything firsthand about the school? Anyone interviewed there before?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an in-state student who interviewed this past season. There seemed to be a good number of OOS students at my interview day. Other than that I can't really provide too much insight. If you have any specific questions, you can call the school and ask to speak to Dotty Shaw-Killam.

:luck:
T

They do take oos students, but you have to have ties to the state. I applied as oos but grew up in Oklahoma. You can go check out our thread in the class thread portion of allo. :luck:

In fact, on their website, as an OOS applicant it says that you must submit a letter explaining your tie to the state..

Is the fact that my husband and his family are all from Oklahoma enough of a tie to the state? Technically they are now my family, and it would be a huge support for my husband to have all those friends and family nearby while I was in school - do you guys think this is a good "tie"?

Is the fact that my husband and his family are all from Oklahoma enough of a tie to the state? Technically they are now my family, and it would be a huge support for my husband to have all those friends and family nearby while I was in school - do you guys think this is a good "tie"?
sounds good to me. family is important.

Oh that makes me feel so much better! Univ of Oklahoma is in the midwest, has a smaller in-state pop than many states including the one I am a resident of, and this might provide an interesting way for me to finally have a tie to an out-of-state school I might have a shot at...YEA