University of Pacific (UoP) Pre-Dental Simulation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tehassan

TheHunter
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the email! Who else got in? Very excited!!:D:D:D:D:D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
it's basically a 2 day Sat/Sun course from 8am to 4pm for pre-dental students at the Dugoni school to gain experience about what the profession of dentistry is like. there are a lot of these progs (Midwestern, UofOK, UMDNJ, etc, plus the SMDEP program) but they're not easy to get in. they're definitely great on yoru resume if you get in to one at a school you are applying to because you have an opp at the event to meet the dean and the admissions team. ive heard 400 apply but 60 are chosen eventually through a lottery system. UoP is one of my choices (I'll be applying for Fall 2013) so I was really amped to get in to this program now.

it's basically a 2 day Sat/Sun course from 8am to 4pm for pre-dental students at the Dugoni school to gain experience about what the profession of dentistry is like. there are a lot of these progs (Midwestern, UofOK, UMDNJ, etc, plus the SMDEP program) but they're not easy to get in. they're definitely great on yoru resume if you get in to one at a school you are applying to because you have an opp at the event to meet the dean and the admissions team. ive heard 400 apply but 60 are chosen eventually through a lottery system. UoP is one of my choices (I'll be applying for Fall 2013) so I was really amped to get in to this program now.

Ah, thank you and congratulations!!!

Congrats man. Sounds like it should be a fun time and a good way to get to know some faculty/administrative people.

Congrats man. Sounds like it should be a fun time and a good way to get to know some faculty/administrative people.

I will see some of you as my students for those 2 days :)

Congrats buddy, I usually just quote the latest quote on the forum

Do these Pre-Dental Simulation really matter that much when you apply?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats buddy, I usually just quote the latest quote on the forum

Ah gotcha.

Getting to know people involved in the school is very important in my opinion. There's no better way for them to get to know you than to actually spend time with you.

Looking forward to meeting you Peerless218! UoP is one of my top choices and I am really excited to get to know the program. Getting chosen for this weekend was a blessing and I am absolutely stoked to be able to experience this. I'm flying there from New York City to attend so that should tell you something about my passion to go :D

is UOP the only school that graduates in 3 years?

has anyone else booked from out of state for this? thanks maygyver; did you attend any of these when you were scouting out schools?

has anyone else booked from out of state for this? thanks maygyver; did you attend any of these when you were scouting out schools?

I didn't. I actually didn't even really know about a lot of this stuff (like UNC's MED program) and I usually had summer jobs which took all of my time. They definitely sound like a good thing, especially if you want to go to UoP.

I did this last year... truly unforgettable.

Where do you apply for this? Is it strictly lottery or do they choose by stats?

I would assume it would be by stats and you would probably apply via the corresponding schools. Check out the UoP web page.

It's by lottery. And I believe when I applied, they won't take more than 2 students per school for the spots. I dont know if the same rule applies this year. Also, you will need to find the application on the UOP website if you want to apply. Look for it around March or just call the school to know when the application is open.

I'm attending this!! I'm super excited but don't know what to expect... or wear.