University of Pikeville - Kentucky (UP-KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After submitting my secondary it still says "Incomplete" in the application status. Anyone have any idea why?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call and been accepted. In my interview last week they asked me the very same questions that Lebowski9 has posted. Its time to cancel all my remaining interviews and good luck to everyone else that are still in the run.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call and been accepted. In my interview last week they asked me the very same questions that Lebowski9 has posted. Its time to cancel all my remaining interviews and good luck to everyone else that are still in the run.
Congrats! you are going to be a DOCTOR!
I hope to be so lucky!!
Wow! Thank goodness for @Lebowski9 ! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations @Silz, be sure to check your inbox on here.

Glad my "scoop" on the interview was beneficial !

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to Silz! Got the call and accepted here today as well. My advice to those that have an upcoming interview is to prepare for the interview but not in a way that you will be a robot at the interview. Just stay calm and be yourself. Interview questions posted on here by others are very beneficial. I didn't memorize word per word of what I was going to say, I just had bullet talking points. Good luck rest of you guys, wish you the best.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to Silz! Got the call and accepted here today as well. My advice to those that have an upcoming interview is to prepare for the interview but not in a way that you will be a robot at the interview. Just stay calm and be yourself. Interview questions posted on here by others are very beneficial. I didn't memorize word per word of what I was going to say, I just had bullet talking points. Good luck rest of you guys, wish you the best.

good luck to rest of you guys and gals* :)

Got the call. Really excited to start! The campus is beautiful, the students are friendly, the staff are very caring about developing primary care physicians. Goodbye warm florida weather lol

Got the call. Really excited to start! The campus is beautiful, the students are friendly, the staff are very caring about developing primary care physicians. Goodbye warm florida weather lol
Oh you'll be miserable here in the summers. KY has a special kind of hot.... The humidity is unbearable. It doesn't really get uncomfortably cold until around January through March though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh you'll be miserable here in the summers. KY has a special kind of hot.... The humidity is unbearable. It doesn't really get uncomfortably cold until around January through March though.
And today I walked to class with no coat.
Our weather is dumb.

So true... I hate the weather here so much, especially during summers...

does anyone know the name of the Facebook group for 2020? or PM the link. Thanks!

And today it was snowing and I froze my ass off.
Welcome to Kentucky.

Reactions: 2 users
Is the curriculum here organ-based? Is says in the CIB that it's disciplined based more often than not around an organ system. So does that mean it's not strictly organ-based?

Also - how are the exams? Are they block exams every month or month and a half?

Last edited:
Is the curriculum here organ-based? Is says in the CIB that it's disciplined based more often than not around an organ system. So does that mean it's not strictly organ-based?

Also - how are the exams? Are they block exams every month or month and a half?
Not systems based. Block exams every month.

Anyone interviewing this weekend? :nod:

Anyone interviewing this weekend? :nod:

Hey. I just replied to you via message but I would double and triple check your interview date. I just talked to my friend who is the 1st year admissions liaison (he works with interviewees) and he told me that the next round of interviews are next Friday, the 11th. So yeah double and triple check your dates. If for some reason you are still scheduled for this coming weekend, just give the admissions a call. This could be accurate but as far as I know, I didn't think there were interviews this weekend.

Hey. I just replied to you via message but I would double and triple check your interview date. I just talked to my friend who is the 1st year admissions liaison (he works with interviewees) and he told me that the next round of interviews are next Friday, the 11th. So yeah double and triple check your dates. If for some reason you are still scheduled for this coming weekend, just give the admissions a call. This could be accurate but as far as I know, I didn't think there were interviews this weekend.

I'm interviewing this weekend as well so I think your friend was mistaken

Is there a gym for students to use? If so, how is it? If not, is there a gym in town?
Thanks!

oh ok. thanks. GOOD LUCK! you will do fine. this was by far my easiest interview. and the good thing about these interviews, is that you will most likely hear a decision within a week, if not sooner. (i interviewed on a Saturday, and got an acceptance call the following Wednesday)

Is there a gym for students to use? If so, how is it? If not, is there a gym in town?
Thanks!
There is a gym in town but no student gym.

I'm surprised there are interviews this weekend because we have exams Friday and a community health clinic on Saturday. I've not heard a thing about interviews.

Oooooo.. o_O:thinking:
when I signed up 3/4, 3/5, and 3/11 were the available test dates...
Was it something like that for you @Shammyguy3 ?

Anyone else interviewing this weekend? Kinda concerned/worried now...

There is a gym in town but no student gym.

I'm surprised there are interviews this weekend because we have exams Friday and a community health clinic on Saturday. I've not heard a thing about interviews.

Yo. i just talked to the 1st year admissions liaison (JF) and he just confirmed with me that he was out of the loop on this one but just confirmed that there ARE indeed interviews this Saturday and that he is putting up a sign up sheet today! good luck to everyone. I plan to be there on Saturday so i hope to meet some of you guys.

Oooooo.. o_O:thinking:
when I signed up 3/4, 3/5, and 3/11 were the available test dates...
Was it something like that for you @Shammyguy3 ?

Anyone else interviewing this weekend? Kinda concerned/worried now...

Naw, dont be worried. Turns out there was a miscommunication on OUR end. The students were not informed there were interviews this weekend, but have no fear, there are DEFINITELY interviews this weekend!

Naw, dont be worried. Turns out there was a miscommunication on OUR end. The students were not informed there were interviews this weekend, but have no fear, there are DEFINITELY interviews this weekend!
Phew! :)

i called today just to make sure and yes I am still on for this weekends interview

I'll be starting at KYCOM this fall with the class of 2020. I'm originally from Pikeville so if anyone has any questions on the surrounding area, let me know.

How would you explain a low GPA?

I would explain it honestly. If there was anything that was hindering you (illness in the family, took on too many hours at work etc). I explained my lower MCAT score this way and I feel that they really appreciated my genuine explanation.

This might have been asked before, but does KYCOM release a residency match list?

I interviewed here Saturday (3/5); anyone hear anything yet? (I'm realllyyyy not sure how it went, so I'm super nervous :scared:)

I haven't heard anything either :(:(:(:(

Has anyone else heard anything? I know I met some people who read the thread, but don't write on here...

I haven't heard anything either :(:(:(:(

Has anyone else heard anything? I know I met some people who read the thread, but don't write on here...
I got my phone call on a Thursday after 4 so don't sweat it just yet!

Aghhhhh I am going CRAZY with this wait!!

Same here! Is Friday also a possibility for getting an acceptance call? Or is it that if we don't get a call today, expect a rejection letter next week?

Same here! Is Friday also a possibility for getting an acceptance call? Or is it that if we don't get a call today, expect a rejection letter next week?

Not sure, I know they typically call out Wednesday or Thursday but a student did say they were called on a Friday a year ago. I haven't gotten a call yet myself

post deleted

Last edited: