Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

University of Pitt EARLY interviewers LAST YEAR

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kreno, Sep 26, 2002.

1. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

Any of you lucky 100+ people who were invited to interview at pitt early (i.e. beforea secondary) *NOT* get accepted? Just curious.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. owen_osh

owen_osh Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've been wondering about this, too.

4. auster

auster Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't know about people not being accepted, but I was given one of the pre-secondary interviews, and I think several of my classmates were as well (though I haven't asked - I just assume based on when they interviewed). I don't, however, know if a larger percentage of those granted early interviews were accepted.

5. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

Out of this whole forum no one from pitt this year remembers if they were accepted or know of any rejections from pre-secondeary interview applicants?? HELP!

6. auster

auster Member
    7+ Year Member

I guess I didn't explain myself in my prior post - I am a first year at Pitt, and I was accepted after getting a pre-secondary interview. I am certain several of my classmates did as well, judging from the dates of their interviews. But at the same time, for those people who did NOT get pre-secondary interviews, it is not as though the whole class is made up of those that did.
    My classmates interviewed at widely varying times - from early September through February I think.
    In answer to your question about people getting rejected after getting a pre-secondary interview invite - I don't know anyone, but that is to be expected, as the only people I know who applied to Pitt are the ones who are in my class :) While a higher percentage of those interviewed early are accepted, I doubt highly that all of them are. If someone is a jerk with good numbers, they are still a jerk - they probably won't accept that person...