1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

University of Pitt EARLY interviewers LAST YEAR

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kreno, Sep 26, 2002.

1. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

Any of you lucky 100+ people who were invited to interview at pitt early (i.e. beforea secondary) *NOT* get accepted? Just curious.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. owen_osh

owen_osh Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've been wondering about this, too.

4. auster

auster Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't know about people not being accepted, but I was given one of the pre-secondary interviews, and I think several of my classmates were as well (though I haven't asked - I just assume based on when they interviewed). I don't, however, know if a larger percentage of those granted early interviews were accepted.

5. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

Out of this whole forum no one from pitt this year remembers if they were accepted or know of any rejections from pre-secondeary interview applicants?? HELP!

6. auster

auster Member
    7+ Year Member

I guess I didn't explain myself in my prior post - I am a first year at Pitt, and I was accepted after getting a pre-secondary interview. I am certain several of my classmates did as well, judging from the dates of their interviews. But at the same time, for those people who did NOT get pre-secondary interviews, it is not as though the whole class is made up of those that did.
    My classmates interviewed at widely varying times - from early September through February I think.
    In answer to your question about people getting rejected after getting a pre-secondary interview invite - I don't know anyone, but that is to be expected, as the only people I know who applied to Pitt are the ones who are in my class :) While a higher percentage of those interviewed early are accepted, I doubt highly that all of them are. If someone is a jerk with good numbers, they are still a jerk - they probably won't accept that person...