University of Pitt EARLY interviewers LAST YEAR

kreno

Candy Man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2001
Status (Visible)
Any of you lucky 100+ people who were invited to interview at pitt early (i.e. beforea secondary) *NOT* get accepted? Just curious.

auster

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I don't know about people not being accepted, but I was given one of the pre-secondary interviews, and I think several of my classmates were as well (though I haven't asked - I just assume based on when they interviewed). I don't, however, know if a larger percentage of those granted early interviews were accepted.

About the Ads

kreno

Candy Man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2001
Status (Visible)
Out of this whole forum no one from pitt this year remembers if they were accepted or know of any rejections from pre-secondeary interview applicants?? HELP!

auster

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I guess I didn't explain myself in my prior post - I am a first year at Pitt, and I was accepted after getting a pre-secondary interview. I am certain several of my classmates did as well, judging from the dates of their interviews. But at the same time, for those people who did NOT get pre-secondary interviews, it is not as though the whole class is made up of those that did.
My classmates interviewed at widely varying times - from early September through February I think.
In answer to your question about people getting rejected after getting a pre-secondary interview invite - I don't know anyone, but that is to be expected, as the only people I know who applied to Pitt are the ones who are in my class :) While a higher percentage of those interviewed early are accepted, I doubt highly that all of them are. If someone is a jerk with good numbers, they are still a jerk - they probably won't accept that person...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads