1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

University of Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by PV1, Aug 17, 2000.

1. PV1

PV1

Hey guys...I was just wondering if anyone has an idea as to how selective Pitt Med is in sending out secondaries. If you have any ideas please let me know!

Thanks...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GeoLeoX

GeoLeoX Ancient
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It was one of the only schools to which I applied that didn't send me even a secondary. So to answer your question, they are fairly selective.

Geo

[This message has been edited by GeoLeoX (edited 08-21-2000).]

4. PV1

PV1

Hey thanks Geo...

If you don't mind, I'm just curious what other schools you applied to. I'm just trying to get an idea for what kinda stats they look for.

5. GeoLeoX

GeoLeoX Ancient
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Actually, I wouldn't be the best to ask. I applied to 8 schools, many of them were "pie in the sky" schools, such as U of M and U of Chicago that I always wanted to go to but would never know if I could unless I tried. And the short answer is I can't. Of the 8 schools that I applied to I got one interview (at my local state school in Oregon) and was accepted there. As far as stats go, I'm not too impressive (3.45 GPA, 31Q MCAT) but OHSU looks beyind the numbers and I have a bit more when it comes to that.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

Geo

6. PV1

PV1

Hey Geo...

Actually you did help a lot. It's weird you didn't get a secondary from Pitt because my stats are quite similar. Anyway at least you have an acceptance already! I'm still workin on secondaries. Well thanks for the help...