University of Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

honeykrown

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who has heard from this school yet. received a mail that they would start reviewing applications on January 26th but i am yeet to receive anything from them and dont know if i should call.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine has been under review since January 16. I want to call and ask, but they said, "We ask that you be patient during this process since we will be unable to respond to individual inquiries."

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewing there this saturday...

Anyone else has an interview or has anyone heard from them. I know not all post their interview in the interview page, so please keep us posted

I'm a Pitt student and I haven't heard anything yet, which really has me worried. I'm about average with GPA and above average with PCAT.

Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

I'm a Pitt student and I haven't heard anything yet, which really has me worried. I'm about average with GPA and above average with PCAT.

Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

Read on their website that pitts student need to maintain a certain nGPa nad do not need to take the PCAT. You guys are sure lucky. But if i were u i could just walk over there and see how things are going. Or u think its not that easy?

They really don't want contact w/ applicants at all while they are reviewing. I was gonna go up there this week, but decided against it.

Also, the no-PCAT rule is for people who get conditional acceptance straight out of high school. I didn't have that (missed it by like 50 SAT points), so I'm gonna finish my 4-year this April.

I was optimistic that I would be a top-choice and hear back real quick since I did my 4 years at Pitt and am, overall, pretty good in my GPA and PCAT, but it seems that isn't really the case.

i interviewed there last saturday. they said there should be one more group of interviews. their inside goal is to have the acceptance letters mailed out by the end of march but it depends on how fast the committee moves. hope this helps.

Only one more interview and i;ve not heard from them, thats pretty depressing. well i hope to hear something soon cos i really liked this school when i visited. Anyways hopefully they would give a call or something.

i interviewed there last saturday. they said there should be one more group of interviews. their inside goal is to have the acceptance letters mailed out by the end of march but it depends on how fast the committee moves. hope this helps.

This has me REALLY worried. I'm a Pitt student and will have my 4 year degree from there at the end of this spring.

I'm disappointed... I submitted my app well before it was due and I haven't heard a single thing except that they got my stuff.

Very depressing to say the least...

how were you contacted? mail, email, or phone call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Who has heard from this school yet. received a mail that they would start reviewing applications on January 26th but i am yeet to receive anything from them and dont know if i should call.

I submitted my application during the middle of November and got an interview in February.

Going there this Friday, wish me luck

i received an email in mid january saying that they were going to start to evaluate the applications. i was wondering if they are still evaluating and giving out interviews or what. anyone received interview or denial lately

hey I had an interview there today - and it went pretty great, they asked alot of question that had to do with past situations, not to many tell-me-about-yourself. I came in early and they bumped my interview time up so I didn't get to ask alot of questions - but they were super nice.

hey I had an interview there today - and it went pretty great, they asked alot of question that had to do with past situations, not to many tell-me-about-yourself. I came in early and they bumped my interview time up so I didn't get to ask alot of questions - but they were super nice.

Did they say anything about more interviews to come?

i hope they did bc im still waiting to hear back from them.

Did they ever mention when the letters were being sent out?

Did they ever mention how many people total were interviewed this year?

Hey, I came in like an hour early and they bumped my interview time up because no one else was in my session and they had an opening in the other session - so I didn't get a chance to ask the student there any questions (there was a 45 min Q&A with a P3) - but I don't know how you want to take that I was the last remaining in my group (but they are just on spring break now) or that there was space to bump me up- and I'm out of state.

You guys could always give them a call. Does anyone else have interview there later this month?? And their website says that they April 15th is when everyone will know their status (http://www.pharmacy.pitt.edu/programs/PharmD/application/calendar.html)

I just called UPitts, and was told they are done with interviews for this session. Only deciding on admission/rejection at this stage.

The keast they could have done was sent us letters so we could know our faith rather than have us think we were still in the race, but maybe they were hoping people would reject their invite and make one more interview available (just mayb)

I find it quite interesting how I didn't even get an interview. :(
I wonder why they didn't like me...I almost want to call to find out why I'll be getting a rejection letter.

I just called UPitts, and was told they are done with interviews for this session. Only deciding on admission/rejection at this stage.

Done with this session, like they might have one more session, or done with this session, like thats it for fall 2007 people? :confused:

Online it says that they only take 8% out-of-state applicants - so much more competitive

Done with this session, like they might have one more session, or done with this session, like thats it for fall 2007 people? :confused:

As in it's over!!! finito!!! they told me. Call them if you want to.

I got an acceptance letter today. It was mailed yesterday and I guess I got it quickly because I live in Pittsburgh.

DID you have an interview ?
What were your stats if you don't mind sharing!
TY

Yes, I had an interview at the end of January..
stats:
gpa- 3.8
pcat-83

I think my major strengths were a non-trad background and past pharmacy experience. Someone on the admissions comm told me that they turn away many 4.0s so don't get too concerned about stats. They are looking at the overall candidate I think. Good luck!

Thank you and congratulations!
What did they ask you in the interview? Was it a group interview?

Thanks. The interview was very formulaic. I believe this was the first year for interviews and all candidates were being asked the same questions. Most were very situational based i.e. 'give an example where you went out of your way to help someone' or 'tell us about a time where you used logic an analysis to deal with a problem.' They started off the interview with 'tell us about yourself.' The interview was me talking with two faculty members, but there was a 45 min Q&A session with current students beforehand.

To everyone upset they got rejected (evident from not getting an interview): don't feel so bad... I am finishing my undergrad there in April with a slightly below average GPA, 89 PCAT, shadowing experience, lor from chem. dept. director, multiple visits to the school, and I'm a PA resident... and I, a very soon to be alumni of the University of Pittsburgh, didn't even get an interview.

I've given up trying to figure out their system... it seems to me like there really isn't a clear-cut one, as 4.0s and 90 PCATs will get rejected in some cases and 3.0s with 60 PCATs seem to get accepted in some cases... not to mention they also pre-fill over half of the class for a given year from students that are right out of high school.

Below average GPA or not ur stats looked good and ur experiences was also nice, if i were u i'd go find out why i didnt receive the interview. Unless they are really expecting those they interview to come to their school (which isnt possible anyways) and are going to create one more interview for us all.

Hopefully, they might just have one more session left and they arent sure if they want to have it or not.

This is the first year they are even holding interviews isnt it? In the past they decided just from PharmCas...and like someone else said most of the class is full from high-school admits. I also heard the same thing, where many people with 4.0 and high pcat scores dont get in.

Hey guys received a letter of acceptance from them on 3/21 - and I think I was the very last candidate that they interviewed - hope you guys hear soon - good luck!!!!!!!