University of Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gr8smile

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Pitt and they told me they are only starting processing applications this week. This is kind of late isn't it?? AADSAS mailed my application back in July. Did you guys hear anything different?

Members don't see this ad.

Pitt is always late when it comes to processing applications for the cycles.

The majority of applicants have not even had their checks cashed by Pitt.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. Just give them some time and they will get back to everybody.

They start reviewing in September, nothing to worry about just relax.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Applicant,

Your application has been downloaded into the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine AADSAS
database, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee in the order in which they have been received.
IF you have already sent your application fee and photo, know that your application will be processed soon. IF you have not yet sent your application fee, you should be aware that your file will not be reviewed until the processing fee has arrived. The check of $35 (US residents) or $50 (International applicants) may be written to the University of Pittsburgh, and sent to: Office of Dental School Admissions, 3501 Terrace Street, Suite 2114 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261.

If you have already sent your check, it is being processed. Please be patient, and restrain from phoning the admissions office at this time to check on your “status”, or to see if your check has arrived. No status changes will be made until late September. Interviews are granted by invitation only, and will be emailed beginning in late September.

Thank you for your interest in the First Professional Program of the
School of Dental Medicine. I
hope to be speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,
Rose Mangold
Assistant Director of Admissions

Rose emailed everybody whose application has been received at Pitt today.

I'm thinking that interview invites are just around the corner.

Good luck to all

Rose emailed everybody whose application has been received at Pitt today.

I'm thinking that interview invites are just around the corner.

Good luck to all

I submitted everything to Pitt a while back, I did not receive an email from them today. I do know that Pitt does things very late. My step brother is a 4th year student there and when he got accepted they notified him a few days before classes started and he had to get on a plane and move to Pitt the next day!

I received that email way back on July 16...and nothing since.

Humm I have not heard anything at all from them

i got an e-mail yesterday from rose mangold saying that they are just starting to review applications, and interviews will be handed out in late september. they also stressed not calling the office to check application status or if the check has been received/cashed. i'm sure they have been getting a lot of phone calls lately.

Don't worry everyone! I'm a Pitt undergrad and know several of the people on the admissions committee at Pitt. They will start the first round of interviews soon as the email said. They don't even begin to look at fall applications until they get back from break in mid August.

I've got their common e-mail too.