University of Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gotrob

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AMCAS application has not been verified as of yet, but I have still been contacting schools to see if they have received all of the secondary info that I have sent them. I contacted the university of Pittsburgh and they informed me that my application WILL NOT be reviewed until a verified application is sent from AMCAS.

Is this a double standard? Those with extremely high MCAT scores do not need to have a verified application to get an interview, but the rest of us do? Most hadn't even sent in their secondary when they were given an interview. I realize that a student with a 37 MCAT is most likely going to get an interview anyway, but is it really fair to have two sets of standards for your applicants? Do they think the applicants who claim they did not do as well on the MCAT or have a lower GPA are lying? If anything wouldn't you think they would want to verify those who claim high GPA's and High MCAT's?

I must admit I am happy with the speed of their response, and with the info they have provided…less than 25% of all the applications they have are actually verified, but I am very unhappy with this apparent double standard.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a letter from Pitt today offering to schedule an interview, and I just received their secondary last Saturday--which means I haven't returned it yet. The thing is I don't have a stellar MCAT (I won't post it because you guys might attack me :() and a mere 3.5 GPA

Hi Nikki,

If you don't mind, please post your score. I am not stellar either but got their secondary, which I have sent back. My problem is that not only did AMCAS lose my transcripts and told me so 2.5 months later, they also failed to release my April 2001 MCAT scores!! So schools that screen are sending me stuff, but I wanted to have my latest scores sent to my schools. So if you share..it would help me to figure whether or not I have half a chance! I am sure no one will attack you.. :)

Thanks much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nikki,
I just wanted to post and say I'm sorry you had to feel nervous about posting your MCAT score... :( This whole process does a good job of making people (well, maybe just me :) ) a bundle of nerves. Anyway, good luck!

Hi Nikki!

Thank you very much! I appreciate your candor :)

Yes it helps a lot!! Thank you very much! :)

BTW..its nothing to be ashamed of. Two of my friends, with verbal lower then yours and same total have gotten into Boston and Finch (or pritzker....cant remember which..)They are nice, articulate and intelligent people. Obviously the interviewers saw that. I think they will see your true qualities too..numbers are just numbers..Nothing more.

Stay positive..afterall you did get an invite! :)

Lots of luck,

Nikki congrats!

I know a person with a 25 and another person with a 28 who got into ucla and columbia respectively, and they were white :D

congratulations....you should feel proud of yourself :)

nikki...has your application from amcas been verified?

Oh my goodness, you guys are so supportive (so much more mature than the people on the Princeton Review site). I just wanted to say thanks!

Gotrob, I submitted on Aug 3, so I figure I won't be verified for a while.