University of Prince Edward Island Atlantic Veterinary College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those waitlisted, the 2010 class is finalized,according to Dr.Singh. I'll have better luck next time .... I guess?
:-/

Members don't see this ad.

I got in off the waitlist just last week! AVC here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you are just NOW telling us August24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO f&^%&%& way!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know the last post in this group was in 2010, but I was just accepted off of the waitlist to AVC and I am COMPLETELY torn between it and St Georges in Grenada. Any current students or graduates that could talk to me about AVC?

I know the last post in this group was in 2010, but I was just accepted off of the waitlist to AVC and I am COMPLETELY torn between it and St Georges in Grenada. Any current students or graduates that could talk to me about AVC?
2015 Canadian grad here. What specifically do you want to know?

2015 Canadian grad here. What specifically do you want to know?

I just saw your reply. So I guess I am wondering if you are happy you went to AVC? Was there a lot of hands-on experience? And by the time you graduated, did you feel prepared to be a practicing veterinarian?

I just saw your reply. So I guess I am wondering if you are happy you went to AVC? Was there a lot of hands-on experience? And by the time you graduated, did you feel prepared to be a practicing veterinarian?
There was enough hands on if you sought it out. I'd recommend people go after more experience on externships in fourth year but I think that's pretty common amongst most schools. I felt as prepared as anyone else probably does. My employer raves about how good I was straight out of school. I think that's pretty individual though. I think most established AVMA schools do a pretty good job of preparing their students for general practice. So if it's a toss up, look at other factors (ie tuition, cost of living, location, specializations).