University of Puerto Rico School of Dental Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nismoboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever heard anything about the dental school at University of Puerto Rico? What are there requirements like? Is it accredited?...etc....thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

UPR SOD is indeed fully accredited by the ADA. You apply to it through AADSAS, and take the NBDE Part I and II like every other dental student in the U.S..

If you are not a Puerto Rico resident, don't even think of applying there-- They accept only 5 students from the rest of the United States every year, and you had better Habla Espanol.

I would love to have gone to dental school there-- San Juan's nightlife is the bomb. But then again, I'll never get any studying done. :laugh:

HTH.

UBTom said:
If you are not a Puerto Rico resident, don't even think of applying there-- They accept only 5 students from the rest of the United States every year, and you had better Habla Espanol.

HTH.

oh great :eek: ...I already applied there...oh well, let's hope I can get into my first choice, then I won't have to worry about it...thanks for the quick reply.