University of Puerto Rico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karntrev

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that there aren't a lot of people who applied to this school. Especially since they only take 5 non-Puerto Rican residents. I applied there and haven't heard anything. I know that they interview late (March-April), but I have tried calling and can't get anyone and nobody replies to my emails. Just curious if anyone out there applied there or knows someone who did?

Members don't see this ad.

I know that there aren't a lot of people who applied to this school. Especially since they only take 5 non-Puerto Rican residents. I applied there and haven't heard anything. I know that they interview late (March-April), but I have tried calling and can't get anyone and nobody replies to my emails. Just curious if anyone out there applied there or knows someone who did?

:laugh:

If they don't answer calls and reply to emails, you don't want to go there.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm puerto rican and my grandparents still reside there. Let's just put it this way, when you mail a letter from the states it takes about 2-3 weeks to get to PR, so I could just imagine how the school is run.

Puert Rico is right in hurricane alley. Wait until hurricane season is over before you get nervous about hearing anything back. I think the season ends in July.

Puert Rico is right in hurricane alley. Wait until hurricane season is over before you get nervous about hearing anything back. I think the season ends in July.:laugh:

i'm puerto rican and my grandparents still reside there. Let's just put it this way, when you mail a letter from the states it takes about 2-3 weeks to get to PR, so I could just imagine how the school is run.

2-3 WEEKS! Where do your grandparents live? I am studying medicine there and it takes THREE to FOUR DAYS tops for a letter to get to NYC. I study in the same campus as the school of dentistry and a lot of my friends attend the school. The dental school is the only school serving the island of PR, as opposed to 4 medical schools. They only accept like 60 students a year so as you can imagine they are very, very particular as to accepting mainly PR residents. I dont agree with the inferences made here that it translates into a bad school. It is a state run school and as such it is their perogative to accept state residents only. To say that somehow the school is not "run" correctly based on that and without any facts is just boorish and disrespectfull to all the good students that go there.
All I am saying is that when making such negative statements about any particular school, make sure you have the numbers to prove it. Otherwise, you will be just spreading opinions and hearsay as fact. The school is completely accredited, and that says a lot about the quality of the school. As far as I know it has never been in danger of loosing its accreditation, ever. I am sure there are SDN posters that attend the school and might have better answers for your particular questions. Hope that cleared up any doubts.

Puert Rico is right in hurricane alley. Wait until hurricane season is over before you get nervous about hearing anything back. I think the season ends in July.

I have been through two hurricanes here and it hasnt been that bad. WHile there is flooding in some parts, everything was pretty much back to "normal" in a little more than a week. Thankfully at this longitude most hurricanes that pass as fairly week, as they havent had time to fully form yet. Hopefully it stays that way. Florida gets hit MUCH more often by hurricanes than PR. BTW The Atlantic hurricane season is officially from 1 June to 30 November.

If they don't answer calls and reply to emails, you don't want to go there.

Pitt and Tufts never returned my calls or emails. Are those bad schools? Think before you type *******.

2-3 WEEKS! Where do your grandparents live? I am studying medicine there and it takes THREE to FOUR DAYS tops for a letter to get to NYC. I study in the same campus as the school of dentistry and a lot of my friends attend the school. The dental school is the only school serving the island of PR, as opposed to 4 medical schools. They only accept like 60 students a year so as you can imagine they are very, very particular as to accepting mainly PR residents. I dont agree with the inferences made here that it translates into a bad school. It is a state run school and as such it is their perogative to accept state residents only. To say that somehow the school is not "run" correctly based on that and without any facts is just boorish and disrespectfull to all the good students that go there.
All I am saying is that when making such negative statements about any particular school, make sure you have the numbers to prove it. Otherwise, you will be just spreading opinions and hearsay as fact. The school is completely accredited, and that says a lot about the quality of the school. As far as I know it has never been in danger of loosing its accreditation, ever. I am sure there are SDN posters that attend the school and might have better answers for your particular questions. Hope that cleared up any doubts.

I wasn't trying to say that the school is bad in anyway shape or form. My grand parents live in the north east portion of PR (Rio Grande), and for some reason everytime we send a package or send mail it takes FORVEVER, my grandparents say its because the mail union there seems to take everyday off as a holiday.

I wasn't trying to say that the school is bad in anyway shape or form. My grand parents live in the north east portion of PR (Rio Grande), and for some reason everytime we send a package or send mail it takes FORVEVER, my grandparents say its because the mail union there seems to take everyday off as a holiday.

OK dont worry about it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion here. In your defense it IS a state school, and over here in PR they do love their beourocracy! On the matter of sending packages, I would change carriers if I were you :laugh:

Has anyone else applied here this cycle? I have not heard anything from them and submitted 7/4. Also, I am having trouble with their secondary, it doesn't work every time I try the link. Please help! :)