University of Puget Sound

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WSUCoug2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Has anyone heard anything from UPS? I received the "all materials have been received" email! Just wondering if anyone had more
Info! Hope everyone's application/interview process is going well! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Got my letter in the mail yesterday. Unfortunately I am wait listed :/

Got my letter in the mail yesterday. Unfortunately I am wait listed :/

Glad to hear they are sending out notifications! At least you werent denied! :) My friend was waitlisted last year, she was in the twenties, and I think the last time she checked she was number 8 or something. So who knows! You may have a chance!! Good luck to you! :) hopefully my letter will come soon! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
They do their wait-list by a ranking system?

They do their wait-list by a ranking system?

Well the way I understood was you were given a number on the waitlist and when people turned down UPS then they would take the first person on the list and then move down the list! Maybe I understood wrong.

Which track did you sign up for?

I'm sorry. Where else did you apply???

I applied to Eastern Wash Univ, Pacific, UPS, UW and AT Still. Eastern is my 1st choice and I had an interview there last Saturday! So my fingers are crossed!!

:-( UPS was my first choice too and I got rejected as well. Totally bummed because it was a school within the range of my stats. Have two schools left to hear from USC and UW, but if I didn't get UPS... I doubt I'd get one of those two.

:-( UPS was my first choice too and I got rejected as well. Totally bummed because it was a school within the range of my stats. Have two schools left to hear from USC and UW, but if I didn't get UPS... I doubt I'd get one of those two.

Would you mind sharing your stats? I am going to be applying to UPS next admissions cycle and I didn't see that they post any type of demographics online so I'm wondering where my GPA/GRE/observ. hours fall. :)

Would you mind sharing your stats? I am going to be applying to UPS next admissions cycle and I didn't see that they post any type of demographics online so I'm wondering where my GPA/GRE/observ. hours fall. :)

GPA: 3.1
prereq: 3.65
GRE: 1100
Observation hours: 160hrs in 2 settings
And I have worked full time in an OT/PT/ST clinic as an aide/receptionist/billing manager/medical biller for 40 hours/week for 8 months-present

GPA: 3.1
prereq: 3.65
GRE: 1100
Observation hours: 160hrs in 2 settings
And I have worked full time in an OT/PT/ST clinic as an aide/receptionist/billing manager/medical biller for 40 hours/week for 8 months-present

Members don't see this ad :)
Was pleasantly surprised today to get an acceptance phone call from UPS today!!
This is my first time applying and I am very excited! Would love to hear from my cohort.
my stats:

BA in Cultural Anthropology
200+ hours volunteer in three different settings: Schools, Hospita
l, Private Pediatric Clinic
UNDERGRADUATE GPA: 3.68
LAST 90 GPA: 3.77
GRE: 1020 Q+V, 3.5 written

Congrats!! I am glad you have gotten in :).

I am so very eager to head from them! I thought they weren't giving notification until March/April, so you must have had a great app. We have similar stats, but my GPA is a bit lower. I am a 2nd year applicant, so you are very lucky to have it all done in one year.

Was pleasantly surprised today to get an acceptance phone call from UPS today!!
This is my first time applying and I am very excited! Would love to hear from my cohort.
my stats:

BA in Cultural Anthropology
200+ hours volunteer in three different settings: Schools, Hospita
l, Private Pediatric Clinic
UNDERGRADUATE GPA: 3.68
LAST 90 GPA: 3.77
GRE: 1020 Q+V, 3.5 written
Congrats Waterfall2!! Did they give you some time to think about it and get back to them or did they want an immediate decision? I'm assuming you accepted their offer?

Congrats Waterfall2!! Did they give you some time to think about it and get back to them or did they want an immediate decision? I'm assuming you accepted their offer?
Thank you. I am still waiting to hear from UW but, I think I will accept their offer. They said I will get a letter in the mail and have until April 6th to formally accept and submit a deposit.

Who did you get a phone call from Waterfall2?

Did anyone get an email this morning from admissions? I applied last year to UPS and got waitlisted, never got an email like this before.

I got that email too. I logged in and checked my application status. It says it is still under review. I have a feeling they are trying to implement a new system for applicants.

Who did you get a phone call from Waterfall2?
I believe her name was Kristen, she mentioned that she was the Fieldwork Coordinator.I hope you all hear very soon, best of luck!

I got that email too. I logged in and checked my application status. It says it is still under review. I have a feeling they are trying to implement a new system for applicants.

Couple questions:

You can check your status online? How?
What did the email say?

Through Cascade. The email has an already assigned login name and password. It just says you can check the status of your application online.

"We have received your application for admission to University of Puget Sound. You may track the progress of your application on our website by using your own private username and password, which we have already created for you. If you are admitted, you may use this username to check your financial aid award and other personalized information on Puget Sound's secure Web site, which is called "Cascade"."

The rest of the email was how to log in.

Are you having trouble logging in? It says my username is not on file even though I just logged into Cascade this weekend.

I am having the same problem. I was able to log in the same day as you, but now can't. I'm just hoping that this doesn't mean that we didn't get in and they took us out of the system.

Are you having trouble logging in? It says my username is not on file even though I just logged into Cascade this weekend.

I am having the same problem. When I went to re-set my password, it said username not on file. Weird..... Let me know if you figure anything out! :)

So I called tech support and admissions this morning.

Admissions said that as the load decisions our accounts won't be functional.

I got the Cascade e-mail this afternoon and was able to log in and found out that I have been accepted! I called OT Admissions just to make sure it wasn't a mistake and she said that it wasn't! UPS is my first choice and I am so excited!!!!:D

It just seems so counterintuitive to have everyone sign up and then deny access... why not wait until after decisions are loaded?

I got the Cascade e-mail this afternoon and was able to log in and found out that I have been accepted! I called OT Admissions just to make sure it wasn't a mistake and she said that it wasn't! UPS is my first choice and I am so excited!!!!:D

Congrats! What did the email say? Was it the same as the one I posted above? Also what are your stats?

Is everyone supposed to receive the Cascade email or only those who got accepted? I applied but haven't received an email

Here's the e-mail:

Welcome!
Your new Puget Sound account is ready.

Username: XXXXXXXX

Password: XXXXXXXXX

This is only a temporary password. You must login now to Puget Sound's Cascade system at
https://cascade.pugetsound.edu in order to select a new password. For security purposes, your password must start with a letter, be at least eight characters long, and include numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters.

Your Puget Sound account provides access to a range of technology resources and applications. To conduct university business, visit Cascade at
https://cascade.pugetsound.eduThe rest was just a bunch of stuff about tech support.
As far as my stats go...

University: U of South Carolina, Augusta State, Pierce College & U of Alaska Anchorage/Fairbanks
Major: Originally music major, ended with B.A in Psych w/music minor
Overall GPA: 2.95 (shameful, I know)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.66 (I had a B in A&P I, B+ in A&P II)
GRE: V-155, Q-154, W-4.0

Extra-Curric: Served as a musician in Army Band for 10 years, lived in Germany and have traveled all over Europe, served in Iraq for 15 months, 6 months psychology internship at Veterans Center (mental health counseling facility)

Volunteer: 50 hours at Vet Center, 60 hours varied OT hours: peds, geriatrics, in-patient, out-patient hand therapy, mental health

Acceptances: Puget Sound

Rejections: AT Still, Pitt, UIC

Waitlisted: UW

Still waiting: USC

Interviews: EWU (declined)

I'm a little embarrassed to share my stats because my #'s are weak. I'm an example of someone who worked their butt off to make up for the mistakes I made when I was young and dumb. Before I joined the Army I basically wasted two years of my life in school. (Seriously, one semester's GPA is a 0.8). Bottom line, there's hope for those of us without 4.0's!!.

Last edited:
Anyone going to UPS right now or know someone that can compare the program with UNM, UW or USC. Or talk about pros and cons. How do they treat you? They seem really supportive, like they care, and the facilities are impressive. I was accepted too.

Last edited:
Congrats on your acceptance!
Here's the e-mail:

Welcome!
Your new Puget Sound account is ready.

Username: XXXXXXXX

Password: XXXXXXXXX

This is only a temporary password. You must login now to Puget Sound's Cascade system at
https://cascade.pugetsound.edu in order to select a new password. For security purposes, your password must start with a letter, be at least eight characters long, and include numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters.

Your Puget Sound account provides access to a range of technology resources and applications. To conduct university business, visit Cascade at
https://cascade.pugetsound.eduThe rest was just a bunch of stuff about tech support.
As far as my stats go...

University: U of South Carolina, Augusta State, Pierce College & U of Alaska Anchorage/Fairbanks
Major: Originally music major, ended with B.A in Psych w/music minor
Overall GPA: 2.95 (shameful, I know)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.66 (I had a B in A&P I, B+ in A&P II)
GRE: V-155, Q-154, W-4.0

Extra-Curric: Served as a musician in Army Band for 10 years, lived in Germany and have traveled all over Europe, served in Iraq for 15 months, 6 months psychology internship at Veterans Center (mental health counseling facility)

Volunteer: 50 hours at Vet Center, 60 hours varied OT hours: peds, geriatrics, in-patient, out-patient hand therapy, mental health

Acceptances: Puget Sound

Rejections: AT Still, Pitt

Still waiting: UW, USC, UIC

Interviews: EWU (declined)

I'm a little embarrassed to share my stats because my #'s are weak. I'm an example of someone who worked their butt off to make up for the mistakes I made when I was young and dumb. Before I joined the Army I basically wasted two years of my life in school. (Seriously, one semester's GPA is a 0.8). Bottom line, there's hope for those of us without 4.0's!!

Is everyone still having trouble logging into the Cascade website?

I called and wad told there was a glitch and no one was supposed to receive the cascade invite. I think that means there was a glitch and I wasn't supposed to receive that invite. The person with whom I spoke to said this doesn't mean that you haven't gotten in, and letters will be sent out soon.

Got my rejectionn letter this afternoon. And I'm seriously going WTF. Last year I was wait-listed on a half-ass application like not all my pre-reqs were done my first time applying and my chem grade was low. I fixed all that the second time applying and my stats are stronger, but not it's a straight up rejection. Schools never make sense. Okay, end rant.

Got my rejectionn letter this afternoon. And I'm seriously going WTF. Last year I was wait-listed on a half-ass application like not all my pre-reqs were done my first time applying and my chem grade was low. I fixed all that the second time applying and my stats are stronger, but not it's a straight up rejection. Schools never make sense. Okay, end rant.

Hey! So sorry to hear! :( I am sure mine is on its way tomorrow! I will be on my 4th time applying next year and at this rate I feel like I am never going to get in. :( What other schools have you applied to?

I am so sorry! I have no clue how they determine who gets in...and it is so frustrating. I am so sorry. I rushed home to check the mail and I have no word from UPS yet. Although, I am pretty sure if I am being sent a letter rather than receiving news from a phone call that my chances are not so good. Also, my Cascade account getting blocked seemed a bit indicative of a rejection. I am so disappointed with this "computer glitch." That was just so outrageously unprofessional of the program. There could have at least been a follow-up email that indicated the error. It is worse that they did that randomly, and it is even worse that we were given different answers as to why the accounts were blocked.

Okay... now I'll end my rant.

Hey! So sorry to hear! :( I am sure mine is on its way tomorrow! I will be on my 4th time applying next year and at this rate I feel like I am never going to get in. :( What other schools have you applied to?

This is my last year applying.

UW- haven't heard back, got wait listed last year :xf:
EWU- interview on saturday, got wait listed last year
UPS - rejected, wait listed last year :wtf:
UNM- interviewed but didn't get accepted :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
MWU AZ- interviewed but got waitlisted :thumbdown:
MWU IL- no idea :confused:
Touro NV- interviewed but made wait list :thumbdown:

(maybe im having a little too much fun with the smilies lol :laugh:)

This is my last year applying.

UW- haven't heard back, got wait listed last year :xf:
EWU- interview on saturday, got wait listed last year
UPS - rejected, wait listed last year :wtf:
UNM- interviewed but didn't get accepted :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
MWU AZ- interviewed but got waitlisted :thumbdown:
MWU IL- no idea :confused:
Touro NV- interviewed but made wait list :thumbdown:

(maybe im having a little too much fun with the smilies lol :laugh:)

The smilies are fun! At least you have a chance to get in somewhere! I have never made a waiting list! I am just wanting some positive news... Sad to hear this is your last year! Do you know what you are going to do next? I have wanted to be an OT since I was in 8th grade, so over 10 years and I am losing motiviation to apply for a 4th time. But I don't know anything else but OT. I have a degree in Kinesiology, but not sure what to do if I don't become and OT. Keep your chin up! :)

I am so sorry! I have no clue how they determine who gets in...and it is so frustrating. I am so sorry. I rushed home to check the mail and I have no word from UPS yet. Although, I am pretty sure if I am being sent a letter rather than receiving news from a phone call that my chances are not so good. Also, my Cascade account getting blocked seemed a bit indicative of a rejection. I am so disappointed with this "computer glitch." That was just so outrageously unprofessional of the program. There could have at least been a follow-up email that indicated the error. It is worse that they did that randomly, and it is even worse that we were given different answers as to why the accounts were blocked.

Okay... now I'll end my rant.

I totally agree! I thought it was very weird that we all got sent an email to login, yet now none of us can login, unless you were accepted.. so if I were to make an educated guess for myself, I would guess that I have been denied!

FYI
I did not get a cascade email and got a waitlist letter today.

I want to go to UPS so badly, so thank you for letting me know that I can still be hopeful to attend. I haven't received my letter and will probably be seeing it on Monday, seeing that I am in So. Cal. Could you imagine if USPS stopped delivering on Saturdays... It would make the wait way worse!!

Sorry to hear, WSU. I got mine today. I am not mad, quite yet. I have to say I was pretty angry about the Cascade mix up without any apologies, warnings, or even a quick email explaining the situation. Still summed because I want to go to OT school... It honestly doesn't matter where. I would like a choice of programs, so I can see what would best fit me. Ok, scene end.

Got a letter that I am on the alternate list, or wait listed. It's nice they don't ask you to send any money in to be on this list ( but maybe that's how all schools are)? So far I've been accepted to Wash U. St. Louis. and had an interview at Eastern. Waiting to hear from Univ of WA and AT Still Univ. in Arizona though.