University of Rhode Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seminole0

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back yet? I know that last year they started sending interview invites around this time!

Members don't see this ad.

No, I wasn't expecting anything until December. I was told that they don't begin formal review of applications until 4-6 weeks after the deadline (to allow applications to be verified by PTCAS).

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email with an interview invite today!

Reactions: 1 user
Ahh awesome!! I'll see you there! Yay Floridians in RI! :)
I just got an interview invite today for URI. I think we both talked about having one from UNF last time. I am still considering whether I want to fly out there. I was in MA last week for my interview at UNE. I was rejected as expected because the people from the New England states are so competitive and have really good stats. I moved away when I was younger so I never had the pressure to keep my grades up high to get into good schools. I have family up there that are trying so hard to get into top undergrad schools as well. My GPA meets the minimum but my GRE isn't the greatest. So I have a feeling I might get rejected.

I just got an interview invite today for URI. I think we both talked about having one from UNF last time. I am still considering whether I want to fly out there. I was in MA last week for my interview at UNE. I was rejected as expected because the people from the New England states are so competitive and have really good stats. I moved away when I was younger so I never had the pressure to keep my grades up high to get into good schools. I have family up there that are trying so hard to get into top undergrad schools as well. My GPA meets the minimum but my GRE isn't the greatest. So I have a feeling I might get rejected.
If it's somewhere you can really see yourself liking, it's worth a shot! It can't hurt to try :) they obviously like your application because you got invited! I have UNE on Friday...how was that interview? UNF was my first one so I was pretty nervous and I don't know how well I did

Received my invitation to interview as well. Will be going at January 4th at 9:00 AM. Good luck everyone.

If it's somewhere you can really see yourself liking, it's worth a shot! It can't hurt to try :) they obviously like your application because you got invited! I have UNE on Friday...how was that interview? UNF was my first one so I was pretty nervous and I don't know how well I did

I decided to not attend the interview. The interview at UNE was pretty laid back. They asked 10 but it's not hard. Starts off with information, then student q&a. You are split into groups. Some tour first, some interview first. They have lunch provided. The parking is terrible there. Get there asap. If not, you will have to park at their additional parking on Bishop St.
Google map the address "bishop st. portland, ME 04103"

I went around 40 min trying to find parking until some guys point me out to that parking lot. You park there then wait at the white building and there should be a shuttle bus that comes by (theres always one that pass by so you gotta wait). Then the bus will take you to the campus area where the security office is. You will have to walk over to like 2 buildings down to find the PT interview. You can ask if you dont know where.

The shuttle ends at 7. So if you're there until 530 like I was, then you just walk back to that same area you were dropped off. Wait and then get dropped back off at the parking lot.

Has anyone heard anything about the storm affecting interviews? Mine's on Thursday and there's apparently a blizzard coming?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about the storm affecting interviews? Mine's on Thursday and there's apparently a blizzard coming?
I've been so worried about the same! I wonder if the interview is going to get cancelled. If I hear anything I'll post on here.

You should have gotten an email or call by now but the interviews on Thursday are cancelled and Skype interviews will be conducted tomorrow instead.

You should have gotten an email or call by now but the interviews on Thursday are cancelled and Skype interviews will be conducted tomorrow instead.
Yes I did! Good luck tomorrow :)

Was anyone told around how long we may wait for decisions?

I believe they said they may start as soon as next week if I remember correctly? I was too shy to ask if they have a formal waitlist, but it came across as they leave the "maybe's" hanging. But that could be wrong.

I interviewed last year at URI. They will most likely get back to you next week if you get an acceptance. The others are left hanging and they never disclose where you sit on the list as they say they don’t have a formal list.

I just interviewed with URI last Thursday and they told me I would hear from them within 2 weeks if I was accepted. If not, I'm probably on the waiting list and to hold tight.

I just got a call with an acceptance! I know someone else got one yesterday so I bet they'll make them over the next several days :)

I just got a call with an acceptance! I know someone else got one yesterday so I bet they'll make them over the next several days :)
Congratulations!! Is it one of your top choices?

Congrats! No call yet for me. :(

Just received the call. I got accepted! :D

I was also accepted yesterday! Are you all planning on attending?

As of now, I'm planning on attending because it's the only school that has accepted me so far. But if I get accepted into a school closer to me (NJ), I'll likely attend that school.

I didn't hear anything back today :( hoping for a call tomorrow

I'm going to be giving up my seat to attend Rutgers, so I hope one of you get the call soon!

I gave up my seat, too! Good luck everyone :)

Anyone waitlisted at URI hear back?

Got a call on Thursday, I got pulled off the Waitlist at URI. I am declining since i was already accepted at another school. Hope someone gets a call soon!

Got a call on Thursday, I got pulled off the Waitlist at URI. I am declining since i was already accepted at another school. Hope someone gets a call soon!
Wow how stressful.. considering they start classes next week.