University of Rochester vs. UCSD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamawombat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I hate to have a X vs Y thread but if anyone has any thoughts about these two schools I would appreciate it. Cost is about equal due to scholarships although UCSD is a bit cheaper. I just really loved Rochester's integrated approach to learning, their mission, and their focus on service. I am interested in primary care but I do not want to close any doors due to where I go to med school. I also am not completely tied to California-my parents live there but I went to school in Chicago so I am pretty used to the cold.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Who cares if you're used to the cold. Unless you're an avid skier/snowboarder, the beach always wins. :cool:

i would give my left testicle (my good one!) to go to ucsd.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
rochester is a good school, but UCSD simply wins in every category.

Yeah I guess its just Rochester seems to fit with its mission, early clinical exposure, and everything. However, I think UCSD has enough clinical exposure in the first two years. I also got into the PRIME program at SD so I should have opportunities to explore my interests in public health. Its just hard giving Rochester up even though UCSD seem like the better option. Does anyone have any other advice-I really appreciate it.

ucsd.....great in every aspect.

bump...thanks for all of your advice so far