University of Saint Augustine SUMMER 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am not sure how many people applied last summer because my application ended up being moved so I kind of stopped worrying about the summer term and focused on fall. I was under the impression that they would let me into the January applicant pool and have my application reviewed for that term after I was wait listed but that did not happen. I honestly think they forgot to roll the wait list people from fall into January for the Fl campus. They offered to have my application be reviewed for January term in both CA and TX but not Florida which I found weird. There seemed to be a lot of change in admissions during the last year and I feel like that had a lot to do with how long it took me to get answers. So from my experience, I did not get admitted into the following semester after being wait listed.

My stats at the time I was wait listed were 3.4 GPA/ 297 GRE combined/ 600 observation hours. Nothing too crazy which is why I originally applied for summer term because I was told there were less applicants for summer versus fall. I will say I think they put a lot of stock into the interviews.

I hope they do.. I have similar stats my GRE was a 293 (That test stresses me out haha) so that is the only thing that I am really concerned about. I have also hear the same thing about the pool being smaller for Summer admission.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys and gals!

Check your email! I just got an interview!!

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my friends just said that he was notified today that he was accepted into the Spring term. But I dont know if they are finished or not with that term, sorry :/

And yes, I will be there the 20th.. will you? @Meant2BDPT ?

Reactions: 1 user
One of my friends just said that he was notified today that he was accepted into the Spring term. But I dont know if they are finished or not with that term, sorry :/

And yes, I will be there the 20th.. will you? @Meant2BDPT ?
YES IM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Last edited:
Just got an interview too! See y'all on the 20th. Congrats everyone who got one and I'm sure more invites will be happening!

I got an interview at the Austin Campus too! Can't wait to see you all there on the 20th!

I got an email for an interview at the Florida campus on the 20th! YAYYYYYY :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview at the Florida campus as well on the 20th!!

I just received the email for my interview! I'm so stoked!!! It will be at the Austin campus.

I wonder when San Marcos will start sending interviews. I read from other posts that San Marcos usually lags the most of the three campuses.

Did anyone receive an email with details for an interview followed by an email recalling it? I just received one and am very confused.

Did anyone receive an email with details for an interview followed by an email recalling it? I just received one and am very confused.

What do you mean they recalled it? For what campus?

What do you mean they recalled it? For what campus?

I applied for the dpt program at Austin, TX. Four hours after receiving the email Jimmy Campos emailed me saying

Jimmy Campos would like to recall the message, "University of St. Augustine".

I have no idea why they would send that. My interview was supposed to be on December 4th. Perhaps they are changing the interview date. I'm worried!

Received an email for the Florida campus today! Couldn't believe it.

Here are my stats to give hope to people

Prereq-3.66-3.8
GRE: 146Q 154V 4.0A
Last 60- 3.7

HUH that is weird! I would call him and ask him directly.

Got an interview for Florida on the 20th.

I received an interview invite for the 20th this month as well!! So excited! Where is everyone traveling from?

I wonder when San Marcos will start sending interviews. I read from other posts that San Marcos usually lags the most of the three campuses.

I applied to San Marcos and haven't heard anything. From the last I heard, they weren't completely done filling their spring class, at least for MOT.

I too received an invite to the Florida campus for the 20th. This came as a surprise because it seems like last year's class waited until after Christmas to hear back.

I too received an invite to the Florida campus for the 20th. This came as a surprise because it seems like last year's class waited until after Christmas to hear back.

I saw that too. I think last year they were just going through a lot of transitions. I'm very pleased that we heard back early!

I received an interview invite for the 20th this month as well!! So excited! Where is everyone traveling from?
Hey I'm traveling from Los Angeles and will be interviewing in Austin on the 20th!

Hey guys, I also have an interview for the Florida campus on the 20th. Two questions for you:

1. I emailed to confirm the interview, but didn't get anything back. Did that happen to anyone else? Don't want to fly all the way down there and have them tell me I didn't respond haha.

2. Anyone have any idea what the interview process is like? Anything to prepare for?

Anything helps! Thanks guys!

Hey guys, I also have an interview for the Florida campus on the 20th. Two questions for you:

1. I emailed to confirm the interview, but didn't get anything back. Did that happen to anyone else? Don't want to fly all the way down there and have them tell me I didn't respond haha.

2. Anyone have any idea what the interview process is like? Anything to prepare for?

Hey congrats on the interview! I have one in Austin on the 20th too!I am not sure what to expect, but I am excited (& nervous).. I was wondering the something about confirming the interview.. I sent a confirmation but haven't heard anything (I'm assuming that is all we had to do)

No confirmation on the interview acceptance for me either. I may call them just to be sure

As for the interview itself, past interviewees on this forum have said its very laid back.

All you have to do is email back. I called him and he said he already received the email from me. But I guess it doesnt hurt to double check lol

I applied for the dpt program at Austin, TX. Four hours after receiving the email Jimmy Campos emailed me saying

Jimmy Campos would like to recall the message, "University of St. Augustine".

I was sent the same thing, I emailed him about it but also emailed him to confirm. He responded with a confirmation of my interview but said nothing about the "recall message." I think were ok.

I wonder if they are just having the one interview or multiple.. anyone have an any idea?

Last edited:
He recalled the message because of a discrepancy. If you notice it said the interviews start at 9am and end at 9am.
He sent out a later one that had the right time on it (9am - 2pm), thats why.

I was sent the same thing, I emailed him about it but also emailed him to confirm. He responded with a confirmation of my interview but said nothing about the "recall message." I think were ok.

I called him to confirm I still have an interview and he said I did so it looks like my blood pressure is back to normal lol.

Reactions: 1 users

Hey! I emailed back as well for the Florida campus interview and did not get a response. I'm glad to see this is normal haha. I interviewed in Florida once before...the day was pretty laid back. The email says it will be group interview style but not enough people showed up to my interview day last time to do that so they were all individual. You arrive on campus, hear from a few professors about the campus, have a chance to ask questions, get a tour with a current student where you have a chance to ask them questions you didn't want to ask the staff. Only thing different now is we used to be required to write an essay on interview day but I believe they changed that. From the tour you go to meet with your member of the faculty who is interviewing you. After the interview you can either hang out a bit more and ask more questions or go ahead and leave. Overall wasn't a terrible day, just nerve wracking because its an interview for something we all really want :) dress was definitely business professional. let me know if you have any other questions and i'll try to answer them!

Seems like they are back on their game. I heard they were very disorganized last year due to a lot of changes in the admissions department.

I confirmed and received nothing back, so I guess we are good! I am traveling from Miami, so not as far as you! I have a list of questions they've asked in the past if you want to message me seperately!

I confirmed and received nothing back, so I guess we are good! I am traveling from Miami, so not as far as you! I have a list of questions they've asked in the past if you want to message me seperately!
would you be willing to share them?

Hey everyone, I'm going to be travelling from Los Angeles and staying Thursday through Saturday. If any of y'all were from out of town and staying for the weekend, I think it would be great to meet up outside of the interview and take in the sights.

Hey everyone, I'm going to be travelling from Los Angeles and staying Thursday through Saturday. If any of y'all were from out of town and staying for the weekend, I think it would be great to meet up outside of the interview and take in the sights.

I'm coming from LA as well but I will only be there Thursday and am flying back Friday night.

For those of y'all wondering if there is a second interview date, there is, but they haven't sent emails out yet.