1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

University of South Carolina Certificate in Biomedical Science

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Owlman721, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Owlman721

Pre-Medical
    I just got accepted into the Certificate in Biomedical Sciences program at U South Carolina. I was wondering if anyone has attended this program, and how it helps/helped get into medical school? I have also been accepted to the Boston MAMS program, and I'm trying to compare the 2.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. fortitude

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So...MAMS is a Master's degree program and the U South Carolina program is a certificate? Based on that, I presume MAMS would take longer. Also the Carolina program specifically mentions that it is for premedical students and that they offer MCAT prep. So that's a plus, but it looks like you already took the MCAT if you got into MAMS.

But, the MAMS's association with Boston Medical School could be a plus if you want to apply there later.

Really you should just call them and ask what percentage of their respective program's students apply to medical school and ask for the acceptance rates/if they provide them.

4. Furballer

Any updates with this school? I cannot find one single review about this program and the fact that it's only 18 credits for 21k$ out of state doesn't seem very economical...

5. DocDoc5

Pre-Medical
    Did you purse the biomedical certificate program at USC? If so, how was your experience?