University of South Florida c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krh636

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread for USF class of 2019 so started one!! I received confirmation of my supplemental application on 11/22/2014...anybody know when interview invites will start going out??

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email yesterday saying my application was complete and interview invites will go out December to January

Members don't see this ad :)
i didn't contact anybody, the admissions office just sent me an email saying my application was complete

My PharmCAS app was verified on 11/26 and I got an interview invitation on 12/06. My interview is on January 29. Anyone else scheduled for that day?

my pharmcas app was verified on 11/21 and I got an interview invitation on 12/11. they scheduled me for February 10th

Hey, I saw that genetics is one of the prereqs for usf. If you have a degree in Chem do you have to have genetics taken? Cause my degree program doesn't require it so i didn't plan on taking it.

Hey, I saw that genetics is one of the prereqs for usf. If you have a degree in Chem do you have to have genetics taken? Cause my degree program doesn't require it so i didn't plan on taking it.
Yeah. The reason USF requires genetics as a prereq is so that they don't have to take 8 weeks out of your pharmacy curriculum to cram it in your head, only for you to forget it right after your tests. They want you to already know it so you can focus on the real pharmacy stuff, like pharmacogenomics, and learn it well.

Good luck to all of you in the application/interview process. I'm currently a P2 here and If you've got any questions relating to USFCOP, I'd be more than happy to help out.

HI Sugoi, is USF a good school compared to UF? what do you like about it and not?

Yeah. The reason USF requires genetics as a prereq is so that they don't have to take 8 weeks out of your pharmacy curriculum to cram it in your head, only for you to forget it right after your tests. They want you to already know it so you can focus on the real pharmacy stuff, like pharmacogenomics, and learn it well.

Yeah that makes sense. I also have to take cell bio. I was hoping to finish my degree this summer, but now i probably wont be able to with these 2 extra classes i have to take. Hopefully that won't make a difference to the admissions committee. I need to get those prereq done first though, that's the most important thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
HI Sugoi, is USF a good school compared to UF? what do you like about it and not?

UF is considerably more established than USF and I think they're both priced similarly for in-state students.

I like the drug classes. What I don't like is that I'm forced to pay out-of-state tuition for all 4 years even though I've already established residency in Florida.

Hi all, got verified by pharmcas yesterday and got an interview 3 hours later! Scheduled for 2/17/2015 8AM.

I'd have to take Cell Bio, Genetics, Microbiology, and Biochem in the summer. What y'all think?

I'd have to take Cell Bio, Genetics, Microbiology, and Biochem in the summer. What y'all think?
do they offer all those courses in summer? That is a heavy load for an accelerated term

I have an interview on February 10 but I will be canceling it so hope somebody else on here gets the spot!

does anyone know how long it takes for USF to give the conditional acceptance? I have another interview a week after this one and if I get the acceptance, would rather cancel the interview because it is out of state.

does anyone know how long it takes for USF to give the conditional acceptance? I have another interview a week after this one and if I get the acceptance, would rather cancel the interview because it is out of state.

It took around 2-3 weeks for them to get back to me.

Has anyone interviewed yet?? Got mine coming up this Friday, Friday the 13th! lol

i got mine next tuesday, followed by NOVA on thurs. Next week gonna be busy!

Interviewed 2.10.15 Accepted 2.19.15

I think USF interview was ok. NOVA was more laid back though.

I thought USF makes their decisions all at once since they don't do rolling admissions. Also, does anyone know if you would be removed from the applicant pool if you accept somewhere else? I don't want to end up not being able to go anywhere because I was waiting for USF to decide (USF is my first choice).

I was told 2-3 weeks after ur interview is the usual time range to hear back

Dean Sneed called me today to tell me I got in!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! I just got the phone call as well :)

Now I have to decide between USF or NOVA...
If I hadn't gotten into USF, it would've been a really tough decision between LECOM, UF, and NOVA, since I got into all of them and all have really great qualities that I like. I have no doubts about attending USF. I literally cried of happiness when I got the call lol. Soooo excited

If I hadn't gotten into USF, it would've been a really tough decision between LECOM, UF, and NOVA, since I got into all of them and all have really great qualities that I like. I have no doubts about attending USF. I literally cried of happiness when I got the call lol. Soooo excited
You liked USF way more than UF?

I really like USF and the direction that they are going in, trying to teach for the future of pharmacy. The thing is my brother goes to NOVA and it's like 45 mins from my house. I'm leaning the direction of USF though.

Received my phone call today as well!! I actually did cry lol

Reactions: 1 user
anyone hear back?
nope not yet. My two weeks will be this wedn. But its spring break for me and I have no idea is their university is closed or not :/ When was your interview?

I know USF just finished spring break.

Oh ok. I just wanted to have an idea of when I would find out. My deposit for NOVA is this Sunday. And I wanted to make a decision before then.

the suspense is killing me !

O man, I looked it up and ur right. They started this week. Hopefully we can still hear this week.

Hey I got the call from Dr. Sneed today saying I am accepted!:happy: So they are still working hard even though it is spring break!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how the wait listing process work specifically? And the likelihood of getting in if you've been wait listed?
Also is there a count for how many seats they have left?

Hey I got the call from Dr. Sneed today saying I am accepted! So they are still working hard even though it is spring break!
I was interviewed on Feb 26th, Dean Sneed called me on my birthday (March 11th) to tell me I was accepted!!! :soexcited: :clap:Couldn't ask for a better birthday present! :biglove::happy:

Reactions: 1 user