SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

University of South Florida College of Medicine

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by SDN-Jim, Mar 15, 2000.

1. University of South Florida
    12901 Bruce B. Downs Boulevard
    Box 3
    Tampa, FL 33612
    Admissions: (813) 974-2229
    Deadline: 12/01

In-State Tuition: around $10,000
    Out-of-State Tuition: around $25,500
    Number of Students: about 400

Average MCAT: 9.5-10.5

Please post any experiences you have with this school.

This is part of the big guide at
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. medstud

medstud Junior Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Tampa, FL, 33617
    USF-COM is a state school located on Tampa Bay. The school is tied to Tampa General Hospital (~1000 beds), All Children's Hospital, Moffitt Cancer Center, 2 VA hospitals, and to a lesser extent numerous other facilities. The school is very computer friendly (check the students Spider system yourself). I came here b/c of the school's strong clinical experience and education. TGH is the level 1 center for the tri-county area and everything gets flown in to us. Furthermore, the first and second year classes are tied to several clinics in the area. We host a USMLE board review course annually - Kaplan. And we match students into all areas of medicine - optho, neurosurg, plastics, derm, rads, ENT, ... The courses have a very strong interdiscipline approach to integrating the curriculum. Lastly, I'll just say that I came here b/c of the legendary responsiveness and caring of the faculty and I've seen exactly that during my time here.