University of South Florida College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewd on 3/22 and we were specifically told we would receive calls on the 3rd or the 5th of this month...are they really that backed up that they didnt get all of the calls in? or should I take the lack of a phone call that I was rejected??

Members don't see this ad.

I think USF is giving everyone a chance based on when they interviewed. I interviewed on 2/19 and I heard back first week of April. If you interviewed later, then you might hear back next week. I think it's fair to give accepted applicants one week to reply before going down the list. (Most schools give their students two or more weeks to respond back, so be thankful it's only one week.)

You are defending them now because you already got your call (Congratulation for your acceptance!) but I would rather get a call from them saying I am a waitlist or email saying I am rejected than to wait so long like that.
Secondly, I have paid a huge deposit for my second choice school because I don't know my fate with USF, and I will have to pay another doubled deposit for the same school by May 1st if I don't hear from USF!
Guess after paying this whole a lot of money, USF calls me to say I'm accepted. What would be your reaction in such a case?!?

Aside note: I got the reply for the two schools I've had interview with, after the USF interview. Accepted in both! But I still hope for a good news from USF before at least May 1st.

I actually got an email right after my interview back in February saying that I'd hear back the week of 4/08. However, I actually heard back on the week of 4/01. Some people interviewed on the same date as me (2/19) and heard back a lot sooner (on 3/22). We can only speculate to what the Admissions Committee is doing. Like someone mentioned, USF doesnt call if they are waitlisting/rejecting you, but will email instead. My best guess is that they'll have more coming next week (week of 4/08). I can understand it can be frustrating if you have an impending deposit coming up, but it's something we all have to deal with. I have paid two deposits waiting for my other schools to answer, but that's another story.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 2/19 and I still haven't heard back... I hope I'm not the only one :(

Check your emails. They sent one advising me that they are making decisions on an ongoing basis until the class is full. If you have been DENIED then you should know already. Otherwise you will be notified if you are on an alternate list or accepted via email. Keep hope alive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I interviewed on 2/19 and I still haven't heard back... I hope I'm not the only one :(

That's really weird. I interviewed on 2/19 as well (afternoon session) and I got my response sometime during the middle of March. They told me through an email that I'll be getting a response during the week of the 18th of March, though I don't know if that was a personalized email or a mass email sent out to everyone who interviewed on the 19th.

That's really weird. I interviewed on 2/19 as well (afternoon session) and I got my response sometime during the middle of March. They told me through an email that I'll be getting a response during the week of the 18th of March, though I don't know if that was a personalized email or a mass email sent out to everyone who interviewed on the 19th.

I actually received an email on the 18th of March saying "Your file happened to be one of those not reviewed today. Files will continue to reviewed and notifications of final admission decisions will be ongoing." So maybe this is why I still haven't heard back. :confused:

I actually received an email on the 18th of March saying "Your file happened to be one of those not reviewed today. Files will continue to reviewed and notifications of final admission decisions will be ongoing." So maybe this is why I still haven't heard back. :confused:

That's the same exact email I got on the same exact day. However, I got my admissions status explained to me on that week's Friday. Kinda weird that you didn't get a notice of any sort yet.

Nope, I think everyone is in the same position. We are all waiting for admissions decisions. Just be patient

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are waiting to hear from USF, good luck to you all and I hope that you will be a part of the class in the near future!

Edit - Facebook page already exists so forget what I just said (if you actually read it, that is lol).

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your continued patience. We recognize how nerve racking it is to have your life hanging in the balance during this stressful time. We value communicating with applicants AS SOON as we have invormation to share. As a result, our college believes strongly in transparency with our process. Sometimes, this transparency becomes our downfall. When communicating the dates of admissions committee meetings, there is also an expectation that all decisions will be communicated to applicants immediately, and it is just not that simple. Our admissiosn committee met at the beginning of April and admissions decisions are ongoing from there. The logistics of decision-making in admissions is very complex and incorporates a great deal of behind the scenes issues. To that end, all decisions will be final within the coming 10 days.

Next year, we will be projecting communication of decisions much later than the date of the admissions committee to avoid any angst among applicants. Thank you all for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Finally, the USF COP Class of 2017 has already created a Facebook Page administrated by one of the newly accepted students.

Offered top third alternates list, I declined. Good luck to all of you guys that still in the process. Congratulations to all that have been accepted.

Virtual chat sessions for accepted students will be held this week (4/24 and 4/25). Don't miss out!! Accepted students be sure to check your email account for instructions. Do check your spam/junk folder.

Don't hesitate to contact me via PM or in this thread if you have any questions about USF or matriculation, and Congrats to those recently accepted for 2017!

GO BULLS!

when you say all decisions will be final within 10 days, does that also mean those placed on the alternate list will also know this week if they are going to be apart of the program this fall?

Thank you everyone for your continued patience. We recognize how nerve racking it is to have your life hanging in the balance during this stressful time. We value communicating with applicants AS SOON as we have invormation to share. As a result, our college believes strongly in transparency with our process. Sometimes, this transparency becomes our downfall. When communicating the dates of admissions committee meetings, there is also an expectation that all decisions will be communicated to applicants immediately, and it is just not that simple. Our admissiosn committee met at the beginning of April and admissions decisions are ongoing from there. The logistics of decision-making in admissions is very complex and incorporates a great deal of behind the scenes issues. To that end, all decisions will be final within the coming 10 days.

Next year, we will be projecting communication of decisions much later than the date of the admissions committee to avoid any angst among applicants. Thank you all for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Finally, the USF COP Class of 2017 has already created a Facebook Page administrated by one of the newly accepted students.

when you say all decisions will be final within 10 days, does that also mean those placed on the alternate list will also know this week if they are going to be apart of the program this fall?

Gave up my seat a few days ago. Good luck to everyone!

When indicating that all decisions would be final within 10 days, it was referring to initial decisions; i.e., accept, denied, alternate. Movement on the alternate list is predicated on if and when other students withdraw their seat in the class. Generally, alternate students are those that we would really love to join our program, but initially, there aren't enough seats to offer. We generally project 30% or more attrition (numbers of students we accept that ultimately attend elsewhere - also an industry standard) and we put more students than that on the alternate list to ensure there will be enough students to fill the class. Each year, we have ultimately been able to offer a seat to all alternates on the list. While it is no guarantee, it is hoped that this will be the outcome this year. Again, it is dependent on when other students withdraw and unfortunately, this generally occurs up until a week or so before Orientation in August. Generally, June is when the biggest movement occurs. Hopefully, this has been helpful information. Please don't hesitate to ask further questions.

The College of Pharmacy will be hosting two upcoming "InPHARMation Sessions" targeted towards prospective students on the following dates:

May 31, 2013 1:00 PM
June 14, 2013 1:00 PM

Please visit the USF College of Pharmacy website to sign up for these on-campus sessions where you can learn more about our program and meet faculty and students!

Also, accepted students if you are interested in attending a session and are in Tampa I bet prospective students would love to hear your perspective on the application process!

GO BULLS!!

Hey everyone.

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted that's so exciting!! I'm applying for next year, USF is my number one choice. Any tips or advice I can take now before applications start?

I'm in the same boat! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey everyone.

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted that's so exciting!! I'm applying for next year, USF is my number one choice. Any tips or advice I can take now before applications start?

Thank you :) I'm very excited to start in August!

Here are some tips:

Take enough credit hours to show that you can handle the program (17-18 if you have time). Also, make sure you are taking courses that are upper level and relevant. Try your best to get straight A's (especially in prereqs).
Stay organized and make sure you don't miss any deadlines.
Go visit Ms. Grosser, the admissions advisor. She is very nice and can give you great advice about what areas you need to focus on improving.
Study for the PCAT all summer if you can; practice makes perfect. If you can afford it, use the Dr. Collins or Kaplan classes/material. Both of these were very helpful for me.
Get experience working/volunteering in a pharmacy (not required but it helps a lot).
Don't freak out about getting reference letters. If you do not know any of your professors, just ask the ones from classes that you got an A in. They will be happy to help you even if they don't remember you so don't be nervous!

Good luck with everything! I hope this helps. :)

I will be applying for Fall 2014 and am taking my PCAT in a couple months. I'm wondering how some of you studied for the PCAT? and how long etc?

Thank you DMDPharmD! I hope I'm in your shoes next year :)

This thread has been very quiet, so I just wanted to touch basis with all the waitlisters out there and find out how everyone is doing.

Is USF still your top choice or have you decided on a different program?

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet? Seems like any day they will start offering more acceptances (at least that is my hope).

Good luck! :)

Well, another email went out yesterday stating that there has still been no movement on the waitlist. Not looking too good for us alternates is it? :(

No, it is not looking good, unfortunately. As each week passes I can only assume our chances are becoming slimmer and slimmer.

I think it is very interesting that they have not accepted any one off the waitlist yet and it is almost July. This just goes to show that the people that applied, interviewed, and ultimately were accepted really want to attend USF, considering very few have dropped their seats.

Waiting for that call :xf:

Hey guys! Fellow waitlister here too! I'm growing really anxious as the summer rolls on by and we continue to get the same news about absolutely no movement on the list. USF is still my top choice so I'll just keep my fingers crossed. I just worry that students who are still sitting on multiple offers and haven't made up their mind won't ever call or email to forfeit their spot. :( Hopefully the recent UF satellite campus acceptances start moving that list lol.

good luCk

Last edited:
anxious!.!.!.!
who else is with me on this?? comment!!! lets be vocal & help each other out...
has neone contacted the school for an update???
comments? thoughts? anybody else waiting like me?
anyone else a tad bit frustrated? more communication, please usf.
my weekends are terrible bc i wait for monday in hopes i hear something....anything!
has anyone given up their seat recently?

classes start next month :eek::eek:

My only question is has anyone been pulled off the WL yet? Just because there has been "no movement" does not mean people have not been offered seats. At least for me, this will answer a lot of questions if I should be hopeful or just give up.

This week marks another 2-week period, so I am hoping something happens. Overall I'm feeling kind of numb. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

The very first person on the waitlist has to have been offered a seat by now I'd hope. I imagined they would make calls in groups but I wonder how long those people have to make a decision so they can continue down the list. I don't know about everyone else but demystifying this process simply disheartens me further. Fingers crossed for something good to happen this week.

Newly admitted students only have a week to decline or accept the acceptance offer. I am curious, though, what is the deadline to submit transcripts and immunization forms? After this deadline USF should have a better idea who is serious about joining USF COP.

Last time I checked the FB page there were only 82 members, which I think is a really low number considering most schools with a class size of 100 have well over 100 members. I don't know. I may be over analyzing things now :p

Not everyone uses Facebook..

Not everyone uses Facebook..

True. I don't think that is a very accurate representation of the class. Some members of that group have already accepted seats at other programs which they were waiting on and yet still remain in the group. Maybe it's just taking them a while to update any changes? :confused: Guess only time will tell

I am curious, though, what is the deadline to submit transcripts and immunization forms? After this deadline USF should have a better idea who is serious about joining USF COP.

The deadline for final transcripts is August 9th and the immunization forms is July 26th.