University of South Florida DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ACECPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone had been accepted into USF's DPT program or has been selected as an alternate? I was selected as alternate and was curious about your guys' experience as an alternate. Any info helps, thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted as an alternate as well but don't know really know anything else! Would like to know more too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried calling and getting more information on "alternate status", such as the number of alternates and if there is a rank but they could not really provide much information :-/ Best of luck to the two of you! Perhaps we will be classmates someday!

I was rejected last week. My stats are pretty good too. I can't imagine who they do accept.

Kevin

I was rejected last week. My stats are pretty good too. I can't imagine who they do accept.

Kevin

I was rejected last week too and I had a fairly good stats too: GPA- 3.96, GRE- 1280 (740Q, 540V, 5.0AW), 153 ob. hrs. (outpatient, acute hospital, elementary school), and various extracurriculars.

I was rejected last week too and I had a fairly good stats too: GPA- 3.96, GRE- 1280 (740Q, 540V, 5.0AW), 153 ob. hrs. (outpatient, acute hospital, elementary school), and various extracurriculars.

Wow you have amazing stats. I too was rejected and am wondering what exactly they are looking for. I know they don't check GRE scores so that may have impacted you, as I feel it did me as well. I'm sure you will get in somewhere though, where else are you applying?

Wow, those stats are great! Good for you! Yeah, I don't know what they are looking for cause my stats are good but not that good...maybe LOR and the essay? Good luck to you all

Wow you have amazing stats. I too was rejected and am wondering what exactly they are looking for. I know they don't check GRE scores so that may have impacted you, as I feel it did me as well. I'm sure you will get in somewhere though, where else are you applying?

I got into Duke and USC. I have an interview at UCSF a week from Saturday. I also applied to Western University of Health Sciences and got an interview but declined. I haven't heard from NAU, CSULB, or CSUN yet. I did my undergrad at UCF. I guess I didn't realize they don't look at GRE scores (opposite of UCF which puts their biggest emphasis on GRE scores). Where did you apply?

I am applying to UCF (1st Choice), FIU (2nd), UF (3rd), and USF (rejected :(). I interviewed with UCF today, will interview with FIU Feb 11th, and still waiting to hear from UF. My stats are

3.24 GPA
3.65 prereq GPA
1220 GRE (750 math 470 verbal 3.5 AW)
120 hours variety settings

Good luck to all.

I was also rejected last week.

3.47 GPA
3.2 PRE REQ GPA
1050 GRE 450V 600Q 4.5W
120 volunteer hours in 6 settings

I was accepted to the Class of 2015 DPT at USF......Best of Luck to you......Don't give up.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.88 GPA ....................Congratulations on Duke and USC !

Last edited:
3.88 GPA ....................Congratulations on Duke and USC !

Thanks! Congrats on USF!!! You're the first one on here admitted! Are you planning to go there?

Yes.. I am ! Best of Luck ...to all DPT students !

I was accepted to dpt class of 2015 as well. I had 3.8 overall, 3.7 prerequisite, 1310 gre, and about 120 observation hours.

Still waiting to hear from USF as well, did they reply by mail or email?

I got a call from USF yesterday saying I was accepted. I think I got waitlisted first though because some letters were sent out a week or two ago

Did you guys get confirmation that they got your app? I haven't heard anything from them and I'm surprised to hear people already getting decisions.

That was the very first time that I heard from them

I was called on Feb 13 as well. I will not be accepting because I was accepted to UNF which was my first choice. So hopefully once they get my form they will accept one of you on the waiting list! One thing I know they pay attention to is an all-around candidate. They don't just look for the person with the highest stats, they look for the person who had a lot of difference experiences and such. I also know they tend to like students with an extended science background, not just prereqs. They strongly prefer students who have taken an organic chem sequence and classes like that. Hope that helps a bit... Let me know of anymore questions because I go to USF so I might be able to answer!

USF

If you go here please take ORGANIC CHEMISTRY AND BIOCHEMISTY (even though they “don’t want it”)

You are in Medical school and DPT school.

I hope I helped someone today. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
WARNING-USF DPT SCHOOL

I don’t want anyone to go through what me and some of my friends (who voluntarily dropped) went through. USF fails to be clear of what they expect and what they ask of you in pre-reqs will not warn/prepare you for what’s next: Med school and heavy Biochem/Orgo!

IF YOU GO HERE PLEASE TAKE ORGANIC CHEMISTRY AND BIOCHEMISTY (even though they “don’t want it”)

I was a former student at USF for the DPT program. The program treats their students like racehorses. You get in and out and that’s all they care about: numbers! No wonder they didn’t have an interview process. They do not care for you or your experience. If you go there don’t expect anything more. But even THAT’S okay. The program does NOT have its pre-req set so that it prepares you for what’s next!

WARNING About USF DPT Please Read:

1.) Interprofessional curriculum: YOU ARE IN MEDICAL SCHOOL AND DPT SCHOOL ***you will take MORE classes than the medical students. MORE.***

2.) Heavy Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry load. If you haven’t taken it you will NOT be prepared. You can still do it if you want to but you will be miserable. A year and a half of knowledge others have, you have to learn along the way and backtrack basic concepts.

3.) The medical school pays NO attention to you as a sDPT. They refuse to spend ANY class time relating the material to PT. Why? Because 100 something vs. 40 DPT students.

4.) 1st year you will spend more time on medicine than PT. People in other programs are ahead and more focused on important material you will apply everyday as a PT

If you are okay with all of this than that’s awesome and good luck : )

If you are not and have not taken these classes… Do. Not. Go. You will do wonderful at a different program : )

I hope I helped someone today. Thank you. YOU deserve to know.
Very interesting... :eyebrow: