University of Southern California interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

pharMchiCK

OMG.. i am SO nervous. I just received an interview invite for USC (i was SO sure i was already rejected :p)

any words of advice about the interview?

Is there anyone who HAD an interview and got rejected, thinking they didn't get in because of their interview? Why do you think it went bad?

I've seen the interview feedback page already, but I was hoping for any advice. I heard that the questions that they ask is pretty much simple, if you'd had some experience at a pharmacy, otherwise, they'll ask boring questions like the ethicical issues.

Also, i'm a little unclear about the interviewer. is it TWO SEPARATE interviews? or ONE interview with two people?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

pharMchiCK said:
OMG.. i am SO nervous. I just received an interview invite for USC (i was SO sure i was already rejected :p)

any words of advice about the interview?

Is there anyone who HAD an interview and got rejected, thinking they didn't get in because of their interview? Why do you think it went bad?

I've seen the interview feedback page already, but I was hoping for any advice. I heard that the questions that they ask is pretty much simple, if you'd had some experience at a pharmacy, otherwise, they'll ask boring questions like the ethicical issues.

Also, i'm a little unclear about the interviewer. is it TWO SEPARATE interviews? or ONE interview with two people?

thanks!

I just PMed you :)

endlesslove said:
I just PMed you :)

i just also received an interview to USC. this will be my first interview. any advice, suggestions? i'm kinda nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
oinky628 said:
i just also received an interview to USC. this will be my first interview. any advice, suggestions? i'm kinda nervous.

The interview is fairly laidback (most are 20 minutes, but can go as long as 35 minutes if you lead them to be that long) and the questions you will receive are fairly standard (refer to the interview feedback section). The essay is also pretty easy. Unlike the other schools', USC's essay is really just reading a short passage (maybe 2-4 short paragraphs??) and then they take the passage away from you, and you summarize it. You have 20 minutes. While you are reading the passage, you get to take notes. Keep in mind that the fewer notes you take, the "higher your score" is (everything in the admissions process is based on rankings). Relax, it's the easiest of all the essays ;)

It just so happens that Berkeley goes on Spring Break Saturday 3/19 but since I don't have classes on Mondays and Fridays, I'm flying home Friday morning (ugh, 6:30 AM flights suck! :laugh: )! So, to oinky628, pharMchiCK, and or anyone else in the Southern CA area who feel they need someone to practice their interview with, we could set up a quick 20-minute (the standard length of USC's interview) at the Starbucks in the Cerritos Towne Center. I take NO responsibility for the results of your admissions status (whether it be bad or good :D). If interested, PM me to let me know so I can budget my time (I'm supposedly flying to Taiwan the next day, hahahah, so I have to pack :) ). If there's just 1 or 2 ppl who are interested, then I can do 30-minutes per person.

For those who can't make it, just keep in mind that the best way to prepare is just to go over some practice interview questions (don't just mumble the answers, but practice saying them aloud) and know yourself and why pharmacy really well.

Best of luck!

Yup, I agree, the interview was fairly laid back and the interviewers really try to put you at ease. They are just trying to get to know you. Definitely be able to explain why pharmacy, why USC, work/volunteer experiences, extracurriculars....and don't forget to have some questions ready to ask the interviewers. Be confident and professional. Be yourself and let them see why they have to have you at USC! Good luck!

uhm...does this mean if i haven't gotten an interview from USC that my butt is rejected? :eek:

i know that USC has sent out all their invitations for interviews. they will start sending out denial letters on 3/15.