University of Southern California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pharmcas submitted: early October 2013
Pharmcas Processed: mid October 2013
USC Supplemental submitted: 10/21/13
USC having received everything: 10/31/13
USC course evaluation email: 12/5/13
USC interview invite email: 2/6/14
USC interview date: 3/8/14

Didn't hear from them at all until today, 2/6/14. Received an email informing me of being invited to the 3/8/14 interview. In the email it said they will email again two weeks before the scheduled interview date with more details.

Hope this helps everyone out who's waiting to hear from USC. I kinda gave up bc it was nearing time for interviews in CA to be over for most schools so I forgot about USC until this morning. Right before I leave for an interview tomorrow too haha. Keep your eyes open for incoming emails!

Members don't see this ad.

Pharmcas submitted: early October 2013
Pharmcas Processed: mid October 2013
USC Supplemental submitted: 10/21/13
USC having received everything: 10/31/13
USC course evaluation email: 12/5/13
USC interview invite email: 2/6/14
USC interview date: 3/8/14

Didn't hear from them at all until today, 2/6/14. Received an email informing me of being invited to the 3/8/14 interview. In the email it said they will email again two weeks before the scheduled interview date with more details.

Hope this helps everyone out who's waiting to hear from USC. I kinda gave up bc it was nearing time for interviews in CA to be over for most schools so I forgot about USC until this morning. Right before I leave for an interview tomorrow too haha. Keep your eyes open for incoming emails!
Congrats!!! I haven't even received a course evaluation letter from USC yet!! :(

OMG, I got the invitation for March 8. I'm so excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are wondering about the course evaluation letter, I got that email on Jan 22, received the invitation for interview on Feb 6. The interview will be March 8. My supplemental app was sent on Oct 31.

Weird things about the course evaluation email though. The email said that there were lacking prerequisites (I took some in Fall and the rest currently this semester). I emailed back and was told to complete academic update (which I did right after) and send USC an official transcript with Fall grades. Did anyone get asked the same thing? I thought we only send one after getting the admission offer. I requested one transcript to them anyway and received the interview invitation before the transcript request had been processed and sent. Weird??

For those who interviewed Jan 25, what did you think about the school?

For those who are wondering about the course evaluation letter, I got that email on Jan 22, received the invitation for interview on Feb 6. The interview will be March 8. My supplemental app was sent on Oct 31.

Weird things about the course evaluation email though. The email said that there were lacking prerequisites (I took some in Fall and the rest currently this semester). I emailed back and was told to complete academic update (which I did right after) and send USC an official transcript with Fall grades. Did anyone get asked the same thing? I thought we only send one after getting the admission offer. I requested one transcript to them anyway and received the interview invitation before the transcript request had been processed and sent. Weird??

I had that happened to me, I sent it in to both PharmCAS and USC. Better safe than sorry

I got the course-eval letter yesterday at around 3p.m., then got the interview invite for March 8th an hour later at 4p.m. I completed all the prerequisites, but on the course e-val, it says I'm missing some of the courses... like Gen Bio III or Gen Chem III... weird, because I finished all the pre-req's as listed on their pharmD website. I might call them or e-mail them about it, unless anyone else knows of a better way to handle this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't heard from them yet, and I know some of you guys have already gotten the March 8th interview! Hopefully I will hear soon.

I got the course-eval letter yesterday at around 3p.m., then got the interview invite for March 8th an hour later at 4p.m. I completed all the prerequisites, but on the course e-val, it says I'm missing some of the courses... like Gen Bio III or Gen Chem III... weird, because I finished all the pre-req's as listed on their pharmD website. I might call them or e-mail them about it, unless anyone else knows of a better way to handle this?

E-mail them and they will fix it right away! Same thing happened to me because of my chem. lab class

Yay i just got my acceptance email today. I was interviewed on jan, 25

did the email just say USC pharmd intent to enroll instructions? xD i just wanted to make sure- cause it seemed so unofficial haha

did the email just say USC pharmd intent to enroll instructions? xD i just wanted to make sure- cause it seemed so unofficial haha
I got 2 emails: 1 is acceptance letter email, and yes the other one is intent to enroll email.

ok thanks! =) i got the intent to enroll email only so i was confused... haha but i just checked my spam, and my acceptance was in there for some reason lol

I got 2 emails: 1 is acceptance letter email, and yes the other one is intent to enroll email.

Weird... I only got the intent to enroll email. I checked my spam and the acceptance letter isn't in there. Wonder what that is supposed to mean.

Weird... I only got the intent to enroll email. I checked my spam and the acceptance letter isn't in there. Wonder what that is supposed to mean.

Same! I have no clue whats going, checked my spam folder and everything, so wierd... I mean if they sent an intent to enroll email that must mean we've been accepted right?

Thread is moving. Congrats to all that got accepted today... are all of you from the January interview?

Same! I have no clue whats going, checked my spam folder and everything, so wierd... I mean if they sent an intent to enroll email that must mean we've been accepted right?

You would think so, but I have no idea.

For those who also got accepted, are you all going to choose USC??

It's my first choice :) just nervous about moving across the country...

Welcome to the Trojan family! Let me know if you need any help with off campus housing!

Where are you coming from?

I am starting to get nervous, I haven't heard anything from them yet since November when they emailed me telling me they received my completed application. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I am starting to get nervous, I haven't heard anything from them yet since November when they emailed me telling me they received my completed application. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Same here :/ :(

Still haven't heard anything either. Haven't even received a course evaluation email. :(

How competitive is it to be accepted? Are most of the students top students in their universities (eg UC irvine, UCR, etc.)? If I attend USC, I don't want to be struggling to catch up if that makes sense. Which school that people come from tend to have the most success? I know it depends on the individual, but maybe in terms of preparedness?

How competitive is it to be accepted? Are most of the students top students in their universities (eg UC irvine, UCR, etc.)? If I attend USC, I don't want to be struggling to catch up if that makes sense. Which school that people come from tend to have the most success? I know it depends on the individual, but maybe in terms of preparedness?

You should have roughly a 50% chance of getting in if you were offered an interview. The one's who've already been accepted are the ones who did very well on their interview (meaning, both the faculty or alumni AND the student interviewer liked you.. alot). I would anticipate there is still a lot of available seats since there is still one interview session left. The school wants to make sure they get a good look at all the candidates before making an offer. You can expect to be on active consideration all the way till July. But around mid March they will probably start sending out rejection e-mails.

Don't worry about "catching up". The first year is all review... to "level the playing field"; albeit, there's much more dense material (a semester or quarters worth of material in 1 exam), you should do fine as long as your committed to learning the material (and if you only crammed in your undergrad classes to pass the class, well... it'll show). As far as schools goes, UCI tends to be a feeder to USC since they have a pharmaceutics undergrad program. But with that being said, I came from a state university (rare in my class), and I'm doing just fine. So I don't think you can correlate school and success.

As you suggested already, it really depends on the individual. Some are just book smart, and cannot follow the simplest directions while others may not have the best grades but are "street smart" or quick to act/intuitive. The ladder tends to do better because some of the exams are not A->B->C->D anymore.

And a word of advice or "strategy" you may call it; Contact your interviewers via e-mail with a follow up thank you letter. Make sure in that letter to include 1 point that made you stand out for them to remember when deciding to choose you or not. (i.e. both of you guys loved chess and hit it off in the interview, well mention that you'd like to play a round with them one day if accepted)

Just received an email saying I will be in session 4 (10:45am) of 03/08 interview day. Anyone in the same session???

Are there people in this thread that are current students & can answer a couple of questions??

Hey guys :) for those of you who are accepted and are deciding to go, where are you planning to stay? I was looking at the dorms and apartments near by..need some advice since I am not sure about the area, any input would be great! I heard a lot of students stay around the Pasedena area? I got accepted to USC but I am just waiting to hear back from UCSD

Anyone else yet to hear back from USC? I haven't received any word from them after I submitted my application. :(

Anyone else yet to hear back from USC? I haven't received any word from them after I submitted my application. :(

Yeah I emailed them a week ago since I hadn't heard back at all, and they said that there was a hold on my application (I guess they didn't get my letters of rec?? I don't know what happened, other schools got them). But anyway, they said I am now under preliminary review and should get the prerequisite evaluation soon. Haven't heard since then, so I'm pretty much assuming it's a no. If I were you I'd shoot them an email, I don't think it hurts at this point

Yeah I emailed them a week ago since I hadn't heard back at all, and they said that there was a hold on my application (I guess they didn't get my letters of rec?? I don't know what happened, other schools got them). But anyway, they said I am now under preliminary review and should get the prerequisite evaluation soon. Haven't heard since then, so I'm pretty much assuming it's a no. If I were you I'd shoot them an email, I don't think it hurts at this point

I also e-mailed them last week, but I still haven't gotten a reply. At all... :arghh: They didn't even let me know whether they finished evaluating my application or not.

I think those of us who haven't heard back from the school yet will probably hear back this week, since the last interview is next Saturday...

Hey guys,
I just called the office of admissions since I have not heard back from them yet. They looked at my profile and told me right away that I won't be receiving an interview. They said the official notification will go out some time later this week or even after the last interview date. The reason being is she said it has become really competitive and the avg. GPA is a 3.5 so if you have not heard back from them yet, you might want to try calling them. Sorry for the bad news but have hope since that's just my situation.

Hey guys,
I just called the office of admissions since I have not heard back from them yet. They looked at my profile and told me right away that I won't be receiving an interview. They said the official notification will go out some time later this week or even after the last interview date. The reason being is she said it has become really competitive and the avg. GPA is a 3.5 so if you have not heard back from them yet, you might want to try calling them. Sorry for the bad news but have hope since that's just my situation.
I'm sorry for the bad news :/ what is your gpa?

Interviews should've been sent out 2-3 weeks in advance for the last session :(

Hey guys :) for those of you who are accepted and are deciding to go, where are you planning to stay? I was looking at the dorms and apartments near by..need some advice since I am not sure about the area, any input would be great! I heard a lot of students stay around the Pasedena area? I got accepted to USC but I am just waiting to hear back from UCSD

Congrats!

I only know of a few people staying around the Pasadena area. I guess it depends on your budget or whether you're willing to room with other people. If you aren't already on the facebook group, I've started posting information about living situations and will add more as it gets closer to summer time.