University of Southern California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those that have done the Certiphi background check, after you release your report (step 2)- is that it and it'll be forwarded to USC or do you have to choose to distribute your report?

Members don't see this ad.

for those that have done the Certiphi background check, after you release your report (step 2)- is that it and it'll be forwarded to USC or do you have to choose to distribute your report?

Mine just got completed today..I've noticed that there is an "automatic release date" for me..so not sure if that means they will automatically release it to USC or if we have to distribute it to USC? I'll definitely call USC tomorrow and find out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

I only know of a few people staying around the Pasadena area. I guess it depends on your budget or whether you're willing to room with other people. If you aren't already on the facebook group, I've started posting information about living situations and will add more as it gets closer to summer time.

Thank you so much! I joined the fb group. I'm definitely thinking about Pasadena or dorms :)

Hi everyone , I got an interview offer for February 8 but had to reschedule cause I had another interview in a different state that same day. I was rescheduled for March 8. However I got an acceptance from UT austin and I intend to go there so I just declined my interview offer. For those who haven't heard back yet hopefully that will release a spot. Best of luck to everyone. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone , I got an interview offer for February 8 but had to reschedule cause I had another interview in a different state that same day. I was rescheduled for March 8. However I got an acceptance from UT austin and I intend to go there so I just declined my interview offer. For those who haven't heard back yet hopefully that will release a spot. Best of luck to everyone. :)

There was no Feb 8th interview though? Only Nov 9th, Jan 25, and March 8... but congrats on UT austin

There was no Feb 8th interview though? Only Nov 9th, Jan 25, and March 8... but congrats on UT austin
i think niftydoc means that he/she was rescheduled for a feb 8 interview to march 8 at another school which is the same date as USC

Just canceled my March 8th interview. Good luck to whoever got my spot. :)

M
ma bad I'm getting my interview dates mixed up. It was jan.25 but I had my UTaustin interview on the same day.USC rescheduled me for March 8.

Sorry for some reason I mixed it up with my UCSF interview which was Feb.8

Good luck to those interviewing this Saturday.

I'll be there too cheering you guys on! :highfive:

any last minute tips from students who were interviewed in previous sessions for students who will be interviewed tomorrow?

how does everyone think their interview went yesterday? who were you interviewed by?

Members don't see this ad :)
Essay was tough.

People arent going to give out names on here haha Im sure interviewers are lurking this thread.

Essay was tough.

People arent going to give out names on here haha Im sure interviewers are lurking this thread.

I heard this from an interviewee outside before going home. From my experience USC has the toughest essay prompt. Definitely a thinker!

I think it would be unfair to not tell those applying this year that I seriously reconsider going to USC after being a semester and half through my pharmD. The curriculum is fair and really not too hard, but the faculty and deans are basically unresponsive to needs and complaints of students. If I were you, I would correlate how the you're treated during the admissions process with how you will be treated as a student at USC school of pharmacy. You see how long it takes them to review applications and interviews? It's the last school you hear from. They don't care.
Let me give you a taste of what to expect. Last semester, we received four lectures the weekend before our final in our anatomy/physiology class. The class didn't do that well on the final and we were blamed for low scores. USC is unorganized and pretty much doesn't care about legitimate student complaints. I feel bad for a significant number of students who are close to being on probation because of disorganized faculty of USC. The faculty coordinator for the same anatomy/physiology class basically forgot what time our test was for our last exam until a student went up to her office to remind her.
If you are a USC undergraduate student and you're expecting to be treated like you were in you're undergraduate, good luck you're first semester. There are faculty who will put an effort to help you and there are other who basically see you as just 1/200 students.

I think it would be unfair to not tell those applying this year that I seriously reconsider going to USC after being a semester and half through my pharmD. The curriculum is fair and really not too hard, but the faculty and deans are basically unresponsive to needs and complaints of students. If I were you, I would correlate how the you're treated during the admissions process with how you will be treated as a student at USC school of pharmacy. You see how long it takes them to review applications and interviews? It's the last school you hear from. They don't care.
Let me give you a taste of what to expect. Last semester, we received four lectures the weekend before our final in our anatomy/physiology class. The class didn't do that well on the final and we were blamed for low scores. USC is unorganized and pretty much doesn't care about legitimate student complaints. I feel bad for a significant number of students who are close to being on probation because of disorganized faculty of USC. The faculty coordinator for the same anatomy/physiology class basically forgot what time our test was for our last exam until a student went up to her office to remind her.
If you are a USC undergraduate student and you're expecting to be treated like you were in you're undergraduate, good luck you're first semester. There are faculty who will put an effort to help you and there are other who basically see you as just 1/200 students.

Although the faculty here are a bit unorganized, I disagree with you that it is the sole reason why our classmates are on probation. The ones I know on probation (and the one's that didn't make it to this semester) did not manage their time wisely enough (you can't party like a rockstar and expect to pass). I agree with you that the biosystems course may need an overhaul and that some coordinators need to be more responsive to the students, but you're right, this isn't like USC undergrad, this isn't like any other undergrad; we can't expect to cruise through and get a doctorate degree.

When I heard about that extra material on the final of biosystems sure I was upset, but I sucked it up as a graduate student studied my brain off and just took the final rather spend my time ranting about it. After the final, our 2017 class took an initiative to make a change and we went through the right channels to get our voices heard.

There will be a lot of changes going on and I'm hopeful that 2018 will not have it as bad as the previous classes; the retreat the faculty and students are having over the summer will address these issues.

Every school has their faults and I may sound like I'm 100% backing up USC, but from my perspective I too felt the same way; I wanted to leave this school because of the politics and student life, but halfway through the 1st semester I realized it's what I make of it. I put out the effort to look for professors who were willing to guide me through, I put in the effort to understand the material.

Now a group of us at school are trying to make a difference although it may not be easy, I feel like it's a good step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I really hope you're right, but I seriously doubt the faculty retreat will change anything (like past attempts in presenting concerns to faculty). Certain people have most of the say or even all the say during the retreat.

I really hope you're right, but I seriously doubt the faculty retreat will change anything (like past attempts in presenting concerns to faculty). Certain people have most of the say or even all the say during the retreat.

YGPM

Hi everyone, I just wanted to post an update for those of you who are waiting to hear from USC.

Just received an email from them at 12:25 pm today (3/27/14) that was time stamped at 8:00 am informing me of an acceptance! I am from the 3/8/14 interview.

I got in!! And I interviewed 3/8 also

Congrats lurkers! Welcome to the Trojan family

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Did you guys all get the email around 12:25?

Last edited:
I was just put on AC.... :( (my e-mail was also stamped at 12:25pm today)
They said that they'll be unable to make a final decision for some time...
I think it'll be until they get a general idea as to how many will be accepting their offered seats... :unsure:

Thanks so much for giving up your spot!! really appreciate this, and congrats on UCSD! :)

You've still got a chance! Being on AC means that depending on the number of people who drop their spots, you will have a chance.

I didn't get an acceptance letter till June!

Reactions: 2 users
Is there anyone from March that didn't get an email?

Last edited:
I am on AC list as well ! I called the office today, and they said they have been sending out some rejection letters as well, which is a good thing for us. There are ~150 people on AC list as of now, and they also said there are a lot of movements from now to summer and we still have high chances of acceptance! so let's have our fingers crossed:cool:

Does anybody know if they actually send out denials after the interview?

Out of 450 that were interviewed, if they sent acceptance letters to ~250, are the rest 200 just put on AC?

Is there anyone that is on the same boat as I am? Any other ACs??

I am on AC list as well ! I called the office today, and they said they have been sending out some rejection letters as well, which is a good thing for us. There are ~150 people on AC list as of now, and they also said there are a lot of movements from now to summer and we still have high chances of acceptance! so let's have our fingers crossed:cool:

^ This, there is still a lot of time left, and most people who are holding their spots are waiting for their #1 school to get back to them. (I'm guilty for holding on to Hawaii and UOP till June)

Hey everyone...I was also admitted from the 3/8 interview on thursday! really excited to attend USC in the fall.

Has anyone who was just admitted received anything in the mail yet regarding admission? The enrollment deposit email says we'll be getting a packet of forms in the mail soon, so we can submit our deposit with those forms.

Hey everyone...I was also admitted from the 3/8 interview on thursday! really excited to attend USC in the fall.

Has anyone who was just admitted received anything in the mail yet regarding admission? The enrollment deposit email says we'll be getting a packet of forms in the mail soon, so we can submit our deposit with those forms.

When I was admitted, the packet came that next Monday morning in the normal mail. It includes paperwork to fill out and a form to include with the deposit.

Is anyone in this group deciding between UCSD and USC or have already chosen one school over the other?

Do you guys know when is the last day to reply back to USC? Well, only for those of you that got accepted :) Because I know UCSD and UCSF chose April 1st so just wondering

I am so worried. I am waitlisted, but there are more than 100 students in the waitlist, and they have a full class now.. is there still hope?

me are so worreid. me are waitlisted, but there are more than 100 students in the waitlist, and they have a full class now.. is there still hope?

Are you sure they have a full class already?? Cause some students might be still deciding and not getting back to USC yet... I hope...

Are you sure they have a full class already?? Cause some students might be still deciding and not getting back to USC yet... I hope...

FYI for everyone, I have a personal friend that got accepted and will be giving his seat. So yes, there will be a lot of shuffling around.

USC doesn't put a bunch of people on waitlist to only accept 1 or 2 of them, they anticipate how many people will decline the offer and can pull from the list.

Anyone who got in to both should consider that UCSD will cost $60k less once you graduate. The choice should be easy after that.

Do you guys know when is the last day to reply back to USC? Well, only for those of you that got accepted :) Because I know UCSD and UCSF chose April 1st so just wondering
my deadline for USC is on April 10th.. I'm not sure if that's the same for everyone though

Is anyone from the March 8th interview still waiting on the info packet?

Anyone who got in to both should consider that UCSD will cost $60k less once you graduate. The choice should be easy after that.

@Trojan17 why are you on here if all you do is bag on USC? I would take your advice into more consideration if everything you said wasn't 100% negative.

UCSD is a great school to go to, I have a friend going there now and they are content with it, AFWIW they're just new (10~ years old?), so not as well "established"as USC

But it should be 80K-90K less since it's a California university