University of Southern California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^ more details?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who is trying to get into USC pharmacy or has thoughts between USC and another school.. trust me do not come here. Number #1 reason: Kathy Besinque.

Otherwise good luck. I wish you don't hate pharmacy school (or the profession) because of the lack of support from Administration. You'll be in either two categories: scared to say anything or fighting for years (not all the way through but the majority of it)
(I tried to warn you)

I really wish upperclassman warned me during interviews/ orientation/ etc. Now I am stuck here

If you really know Dr. Kathy Besinque, she is working for the students even though sometimes it seems like shes out to get us. She's really nice once you talk to her outside of school; I for one was given a negative impression of her by an upperclassmen even before school started and I would have to disagree with the comments now.

There's a lot of work in the background and I'm sure your aware of all the changes- good changes. From what I've heard, she's no longer handling biosystems if that's your main gripe.

It's really what you make of it. You should get involved with the class board if you want to make changes (maybe go to the next retreat and really get to know the professors?); I agree there always can be room for improvement, but no one will know if we all don't speak up.

Hi there, you should join the facebook group! This question was answered in the group!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/595244460550510/

Here's my scenario: $33k stafford, $11k health science graduate, $ ~47k plus = ~$87k

are you kidding me? you are going to owe close to $400 k when you include all the interest? how will you ever pay it off on a pharmacist salary?

Members don't see this ad :)
are you kidding me? you are going to owe close to $400 k when you include all the interest? how will you ever pay it off on a pharmacist salary?

Actually I should only accumulate around 180k in debt. The PhD program will pay for 2 years of my tuition for the pharmacy side and my stipend should cover living costs.

Actually I should only accumulate around 180k in debt. The PhD program will pay for 2 years of my tuition for the pharmacy side and my stipend should cover living costs.

You may want to check on this. I don't think your PharmD tuition is waived. PhD tuition? Yes but not the PharmD tuition.

I have a question!
What makes you choose USC? I was just wondering because USC tuition is very expensive. Does it worth going to USC?

I have a question!
What makes you choose USC? I was just wondering because USC tuition is very expensive. Does it worth going to USC?
IMO no California school is worth it.

Reactions: 1 user
IMO no California school is worth it.
I totally agreed with you, and I am from California . I know you're not crazy about LECOM either, but I chose to go there because of its much lower tuition compared to other private schools. Charging $47,000 a year for tuition alone at USC for a PharmD is just unbelievable. But to each his own.

Reactions: 1 user
You may want to check on this. I don't think your PharmD tuition is waived. PhD tuition? Yes but not the PharmD tuition.

Hi BMBiology,

Yes I made sure to check that out before doing the dual degree. The agreement I finish both degrees at the same time and they will pay for 2 of my years of the PharmD side. It's like that at UOP too; except they waive 1 year since it's only a 3 year program.

I have a question!

The only two schools in CA to offer a dual degree program (that I was accepted to) were USC and UOP, I chose USC > UOP because I wanted to experience Los Angeles and the graduate research program is much better at USC (#1 NIH funded private University).

I agree with the comments that the school is darn expensive, but I gotta make do with what I get into.