pharmerted

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 4, 2004
Status
I was wondering about the University of Southern Nevada, accreditation and financial aid.

Is USN accredited? When is it scheduled to become accredited? What is the interest rate you guys are paying? How much do you spend per year for school, about 40K, i'm assuming?

If you start next year and it becomes accredited the year after next, will all of your loans qualify for federal aid, or just the following years? Is this a big concern for current students at USN? Thank you!!

rxforlife2004

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2004
Visit site
Status
Non-Student
I am not sure what you meant by "accredited". But for sure, we can sit down and take NAPLEX like any students from any schools, and we have all rights to become a licensed RPh when graduated.

As of financial aid, we don't have federal loans up to this point. However, we do have other loans from KeyBank. The interest varies, depending on your credit history. My current loan interest is 4%. And I can loan up to 50K/year ( but i only borrowed 40K).

TMVegas

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2005
Status
USN is accreditated by the people who accredit pharm schools (I think it is the ACPE). Which means their students can sit for the NAPLEX. However, they are not accreditated by the regionally by the people who accredit collages and universities (Northwest Assocation of Schools and Colleges). This accreditation is what affects federal fin. aid. They are in the process of getting this accreditation.

OP
P

pharmerted

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 4, 2004
Status
TMVegas said:
USN is accreditated by the people who accredit pharm schools (I think it is the ACPE). Which means their students can sit for the NAPLEX. However, they are not accreditated by the regionally by the people who accredit collages and universities (Northwest Assocation of Schools and Colleges). This accreditation is what affects federal fin. aid. They are in the process of getting this accreditation.
how long before they get this accreditation? will it happen before next year? can your federal loan status change when the accreditation changes? (like can you consolidate at a lower rate later on?) what year did USN school of pharmacy accept it's first class? is this a big concern for incoming students?