university of southern nevada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abilene

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:) hello,
is there any one currently going to University of Southern Nevada? if yes, would you like to share your experience in that school? I'm going there in mid Feb for an interview, and so I really want to know as much as possible about the school.
thankx in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there:

I am a P-1 student at USN and I tell you a little bit about our school system.
We're working with block system. Pretty much, Year 1 and Year 2 you have a lot of materials (basic science, biochem, drug metabolism, clinical pharmacology, OTC drugs, cousenling, etc...you name it). Annually, you achieve around 12 blocks (The length and difficulty level varies from block to block).

We have assessment every two weeks. Some are very easy. But some are VERY hard (especially with clinical pharmacology and infectious disease in P2, as i know of).

To pass a test, you HAVE to score 90% or above on an exam. Luckily, you have "team points" which can help you 5% of the test (Only If your team score above 95% of the test, if not then you HAVE NO team points, and you have to score yoursefl 90% to get a passing grade on an exam).

We have class from 8AM to 3:00PM and Mon-Thursday. On Fridays, either you go to EPPE (Early Pharmacy Practice Experiement) or Take the exam.

So far, I enjoy this system since it's fast and it's pretty well absorbed in terms of learning.

Best luck

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Rosenburg your dean?

Hi rxforlife2004,

Can you tell me the GPA when you got in the school and your background in terms if you have already have a bachelor's degree? Where did you fulfill your prequisities? I have a 3.4 GPA and I'm a bit worried and I'm hoping to go to USN.

What were some of the questions that were asked by the interview at USN?

Thanks.
Eve

How are you going in Mid-Feb for an interview when the applications are not out. Is there a way to get in where you don't have to fill out an application?

How are you going in Mid-Feb for an interview when the applications are not out. Is there a way to get in where you don't have to fill out an application?
This original post is from Feb. 2005