University of St.Augustine 2012 DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I start Summer 2012 and received info on the Anatomy course just now. I would contact Steve Jones to ask to enroll and what their options are. I don't think learning one month before I begin school was enough notice regarding this class. I did take a very intense initial anatomy course, so I am hoping that will help me.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the info frootloops. I'll contact Steve Jones and ask about it.

I start Summer 2012 and received info on the Anatomy course just now. I would contact Steve Jones to ask to enroll and what their options are. I don't think learning one month before I begin school was enough notice regarding this class. I did take a very intense initial anatomy course, so I am hoping that will help me.

Has anyone else been accepted into the St. Augustine program they just opened in Austin, TX. I am going to be starting in January so I can save up money, But have friends in the September group too and just wanted to see how many others there were out there for the Austin Campus!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
to iradick: when did you turn in your application for st. augustine's january class?

Has anyone got or know of someone who receieved a letter of rejection AFTER interview at st augustine?

I do but I'm guessing you have to do really bad. I saw one guy writing his essay and he only had 3 sentences after 45 minutes. I'm guessing he didn't make it because I never saw him again.

Has anyone got or know of someone who receieved a letter of rejection AFTER interview at st augustine?

got any interview for the May 2013!!! YEA I'm excited!! Anyone for the May 2013?

Hey, does anybody know how many people they interview verses how many people they accept, I'm going for MOT

They accept almost everyone. If you make it to the interview, your chances are good. They only interview once per trimester, so they don't invite a large percentage of applicants. They want to talk to the applicants before they accept them. Good luck!

Kevin

They accept almost everyone. If you make it to the interview, your chances are good. They only interview once per trimester, so they don't invite a large percentage of applicants. They want to talk to the applicants before they accept them. Good luck!

Kevin

Hey Kevin, is that for the DPT program as well?

Thanks!!

I know it's definitely true for DPTs. I don't know about MOTs and duals. They have no reason to interview many more students than they accept, since they accept students three times a year. Your chances are good. Just be honest and relaxed during the interview.

Kevin

thanks sounds good!! USA is my number one choice so I'm just trying to stay relaxed for my interview this Friday (FLA campus). I'm a little worried about the essay but I've been doing some research on current issues so I'll be prepared for any type of question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how long it took to get a reply about an interview for the Fall start when the application deadline is mid Dec? Also, does anyone know what month they do interviews for the classes starting in September?

Kelly

I also have an interview for the 2013 May DPT program at San Marcos tomorrow!
I'm very nervous and anxious but most of all very glad to hear that if I've made it to the interview that's a good sign.

I sent in my application a couple days before the deadline (I think it was Oct. 1st and I sent it in the 29th of Sept.). heard a response from USA saying they were processing my application approximately two and a half weeks later. Then after that day they said they would take a month to decide whether or not I would be getting an invitation for the interview. During this time they sent out several e-mails that drove me crazy because they all had subjects like "Congratulations!" or "Important update" but they were merely the same e-mail telling me about my log-in info...lame! Then finally 2 and a half weeks later I got my e-mail for the interview.

I hope this helps those who are looking for a timeline of when they'll be getting notifications for their application.

Also I was wondering how long does it usually take for USA to respond after the interview? I'm actually going out of the country in a couple weeks and I heard that they tell you of your acceptance over the phone...but I'd be out of the country so that won't work :(...

ZoeT:

Those e-mails weren't lame, they were torture. Why put 'Congratulations' in the subject?

USA called me one week after the interview by phone. Too bad you'll be out of the country. Unless you do terrible in the interview, you'll probably have a message of acceptance in your voicemail when you get home.

Kevin

NewTestament:

Are you currently a student at USA San Marcos?

I just had an interview at San Marcos (11/30) and found out today that I was rejected. I thought I did well in the interview. I guess all they care about is your GPA, it doesnt matter if you took a REAL major at a REAL university and not some bs fluff classes at community college to boost you gpa. I spent the last 3 years of my life trying to get into PT school. I quit its not worth this bs numbers game.

Apparently st. augstine is full of *****s too because our tour guide, who is a current student in his fifth trimester said "the hardest part about grad school is learning how to study" Its like wow jackass I guess you took a bs major in college

I just had an interview at San Marcos (11/30) and found out today that I was rejected. I thought I did well in the interview. I guess all they care about is your GPA, it doesnt matter if you took a REAL major at a REAL university and not some bs fluff classes at community college to boost you gpa. I spent the last 3 years of my life trying to get into PT school. I quit its not worth this bs numbers game.

Apparently st. augstine is full of *****s too because our tour guide, who is a current student in his fifth trimester said "the hardest part about grad school is learning how to study" Its like wow jackass I guess you took a bs major in college

Hey Yeah sorry to hear that. How did you know you find out you got declined? And what was the essay question? Have you applied elsewhere?

New T: I have gotten wait-listed for May 2013 Term @ USA St. Augustine Campus. .Is anyone knows how this 'wait list' process works..? Is being on a 'wait list' a guarantee to start during the following term?
Congrats for those who got in for this Term ! :)

..Thanks for input~ if anyone has info about the 'wait list' status situation @ USA...

New T: I have gotten wait-listed for May 2013 Term @ USA St. Augustine Campus. .Is anyone knows how this 'wait list' process works..? Is being on a 'wait list' a guarantee to start during the following term?

..Thanks for input~ if anyone has info about the 'wait list' status situation @ USA...

Hey! I got wait listed as well for the San marcos campus. Did you receive the e-mail today? I responded to Steve Jones's e-mail and asked, since the e-mail said no number or rank, how they determine who on the wait list will get a spot. He said I have an excellent chance of a spot in January. Is that a generic comment? Keepin my hopes up but now kind of doubting myself. Hope we both get in.

Yes I recevied am email today and I have no clue.how this "thing "works.. I researched here on this site and I only found out that apparently it is a great thing to be on the waiting list_ I guess.. At least we didn't get rejected. I know that the Fall Term is very competitive and it's always hard to get in..so that would give the January Term a chance...

What was your Stats if you don't mind to share.... I wonder how many people got put on a waiting list... and I also wonder :how many people whom got in for the May Term_will reject the acceptance ..?!

Yes I recevied am email today and I have no clue.how this "thing "works.. I researched here on this site and I only found out that apparently it is a great thing to be on the waiting list_ I guess.. At least we didn't get rejected. I know that the Fall Term is very competitive and it's always hard to get in..so that would give the January Term a chance...

What was your Stats if you don't mind to share.... I wonder how many people got put on a waiting list... and I also wonder :how many people whom got in for the May Term_will reject the acceptance ..?!

Seriously! I know what you mean. Were in the same boat with this waiting ordeal. I wish it was a little more clear. A lot of ppl I talked to at our interview said it was their first choice and being that its probably one of the earliest schools to get into, if I were them I would put money down just to secure a spot. But who knows. Did you respond to the e-mail? I want to know if his reply to my question was what they tell everyone.

My stats:
Gpa: 3.2
Pre req: 3.6
Gre: 298
Hours: over 2000 in Ortho, acute sci, stroke an neuro, aquatic and early intervention.

I know my gpa is not very competitive but I thought that if we at least got an interview it meant we were okay by our statistics already. I'm pretty sure my essay wasn't the best either. Sorry not sure if that helps. I guess someone is trying to teach me patience. Lol

Also I read a lot about the roll over to fall on these forums but the orientation and e-mail didnt give much of an indication about that. Have you heard anything about that as well?

Seriously! I know what you mean. Were in the same boat with this waiting ordeal. I wish it was a little more clear. A lot of ppl I talked to at our interview said it was their first choice and being that its probably one of the earliest schools to get into, if I were them I would put money down just to secure a spot. But who knows. Did you respond to the e-mail? I want to know if his reply to my question was what they tell everyone.

My stats:
Gpa: 3.2
Pre req: 3.6
Gre: 298
Hours: over 2000 in Ortho, acute sci, stroke an neuro, aquatic and early intervention.

I know my gpa is not very competitive but I thought that if we at least got an interview it meant we were okay by our statistics already. I'm pretty sure my essay wasn't the best either. Sorry not sure if that helps. I guess someone is trying to teach me patience. Lol

I did respond to the email saying that I accepted the waitlist ''s "thing",even though it feels not stable at all.
I researched on this site that someone at the Admission office
confirmed the policy while she was there for the interview that:
"it's a really good thing to be put on the wait list cause you're in but just might be couple months later. (!) As opposed to other schools if you're on the waitlist, you might not get in and have to apply again. She informed that you won't have to apply again or interview again, you would just have to wait couple months for the next term/semester."

Hope this helps to make you feel better about this stuff.LOL

Did you apply to other schools?.. Your STATs are good. You may have a good chance to get in some other DPT program and start earlier maybe..? I apply to NOVA and FGCU ,but their application due date is Jan 15th of next year,so I have to wait to see the results..

My STATs were:
Overall:3.4
pre-req :3.4
Inpat.Observational hrs:200hrs
didnt take the GRE ,
just completed an M.S.degree just recently..

Of course there is never a guarantee that you'll start the next term, but it's a good sign. The wait list can't be long, since they don't interview many applicants, and accept about 75-80 students. Your chances are good. Some of my classmates were waitlisted and were eventually accepted.

Falling short: sorry to hear about your rejection. Did they give you any feedback? What do you think your weakness was?

Kevin

NT: Do you know anyone form the St Augustine Campus who waited more than two terms to start classes? I appreciate your feedback! I am just trying to figure out things because USA is my first choice of PT schools and the other schools take longer to finish..

They sent an email saying i was not admitted into any campus. I emailed them back asking why and all steve jones said was to improve my pre-req gpa. If they were gonna judge me by my gpa then why even give me an interview? I studied genetics and micro bio during my undergrad i dont know why these pt schools act like what they are teaching is that complicated. Honestly pts are just glorified gym teachers. If you wanna go to pt school just do what everyone else does, take a easy joke major like english or psyc and take all your pre-reqs at community college. I guess im the idiot for taking a pound me in the ass major at a pound me in the ass university

They sent an email saying i was not admitted into any campus. I emailed them back asking why and all steve jones said was to improve my pre-req gpa. If they were gonna judge me by my gpa then why even give me an interview? I studied genetics and micro bio during my undergrad i dont know why these pt schools act like what they are teaching is that complicated. Honestly pts are just glorified gym teachers. If you wanna go to pt school just do what everyone else does, take a easy joke major like english or psyc and take all your pre-reqs at community college. I guess im the idiot for taking a pound me in the ass major at a pound me in the ass university

It does seem wrong that they would invite you if your pre-req GPA wasn't good enough. They shouldn't have invited you in the first place. Quite honestly I'm shocked they rejected you and didn't even put you on the waitlist. USA isn't one of those schools that only considers GPA. They consider the whole applicant. You're right, even with a low GPA, the complexity of your courses should have made up for that. Physical therapy school isn't easy, but someone with a science background like you would excel. Where else did you apply?

To everyone else, I'm trying to get some answers about the waitlist, and I'll tell you all what I find out as soon as possible. All I know is that if you're waitlisted for May 2013 but not accepted, you will be considered for the September 2013 class.

Kevin

Last edited:
I heard the Fall is very competitive...appx900 applicants for 50 seats..?!! Is there going to be seat left for wait list applicants..? just wondering...

What is "post-interview waitlist"? Anyone knows? ..LOL

I was basically waitlisted 3 times for St. Augustine.

I first applied for January 2013 class around April 2012 and I was waitlisted for an interview in May 2012. Around July 2012 I received an email that I had an interview for August 2012. I attended the interview and a week later I was waitlisted once more. They told me to patiently wait about a month to see if anyone from the January class declined their offers. Around early October 2012 I received an email from Steve that I was waitlisted once more for the Summer 2013 term. Two months later 12/7/12 I received a phone call and email that I was accepted. It was a LOOOOOONNNNG waiting process.

During the time I called and asked if being on the waitlist is eventual guaranteed acceptance. Steve told me it WAS NOT. But it is much better to be on the waitlist than declined straight up.

If anyone else has anymore questions about being waitlisted I'll be happy to help as I went through the very taxing waiting period.

Yea I am sort of in the same boat. Applied, denied. They said finish prereqs that were in progress and retake a few classes to raise GPA. Did that, reapplied, got interview, waitlisted, now waitlisted for 2nd term and waiting to hear about a May start. Hopefully works out. LONG process for me.

How were your stats considering that they told you to retake some classes to raise your GPA?

Wow thats a pretty tedius process Im sure, did they give you any reason as why they denied and waitlisted you so much? How were your stats as well?

Lash3: would you mind sharing your stats? I also got put on a waiting list

FIrst application and denied:

Overall GPA 3.3
Prereq GPA 3.1 (with 2 in progress at the time)
Last 45: 2.8
GRE: 910

I haven't asked what the new calculations are since I finished prereqs and retook classes with C's but I am guessing everything went up a few points as I got A's/B's on the remaining and repeat courses replacing some C's. Retook (new)GRE and scored 295. Writing was 3.5. Oh, also got more observation hours.... 120 first application, 160 total inpatient/outpatient 2nd application.

Guess it was enough to get an interview this time although I was waitlisted after interview. Felt like interview went well too. Waiting to hear for May start still.

I am applying for Fall 2013 class...so nervous now I know it is the most competitive term :eek:

I am interview Friday for the Florida campus. I'm very excited but also nervous. Does anyone have any tips/information about the interview...specifically the essay component? Any help would be greatly appreciated, USA is my number one choice.

Do you know if there will be second or third rounds of interviews after the first round & about when does the second or third interview begin?

I am interview Friday for the Florida campus. I'm very excited but also nervous. Does anyone have any tips/information about the interview...specifically the essay component? Any help would be greatly appreciated, USA is my number one choice.

Here's what to expect on Friday:

You'll hear a message from the president of USA, Wanda Nitsch from San Marcos. Then the admissions department will talk to you about your packet. You'll write an essay after that for 30 minutes. Be prepared to think fast, write coherently, and write legibly. You need to be able to communicate your thoughts without preparation. After that you'll take a tour, ask questions to current students (including me), and then interview with a faculty member. Everything should be finished by 1pm. The question I had to answer for my essay was about dealing with the demands of graduate school.

Kevin