Program-Specific Info / Q's University of St. Augustine - Austin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carly013

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Is there anyone currently enrolled in the MOT program at University of St. Augustine in Austin, TX? If so, can you share what it's like? Is is a highly regarded program in Texas? I got into Texas Tech and am trying to decide between the two schools.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I intern with someone who used to be faculty at St. Augustine's in Austin, and she does not recommend the school to us.

Texas Tech is a great program though! Plus cost of living will be much cheaper, as well as the tuition.

Oh wow, good to know! Thanks..I think I'm pretty set on Texas Tech..I loved the faculty and it seems like a great program.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I intern with someone who used to be faculty at St. Augustine's in Austin, and she does not recommend the school to us.

Texas Tech is a great program though! Plus cost of living will be much cheaper, as well as the tuition.
Oh, what were the reasons that she gave?

I'm a CA resident, but I'm pretty set on that school right now.

Mostly ethical issues, but also along the lines that OT is an afterthought there. PT is the main focus. She is a reputable OT here in Austin, and brought up some issues concerning the classes she was teaching, and the school made her aware that money was more valuable than the education. She decided to not return to work for them after that.

Mostly ethical issues, but also along the lines that OT is an afterthought there. PT is the main focus. She is a reputable OT here in Austin, and brought up some issues concerning the classes she was teaching, and the school made her aware that money was more valuable than the education. She decided to not return to work for them after that.
Good to know, thanks for the info! :)

Reactions: 1 user