Program-Specific Info / Q's University of St. Augustine Campus MOT Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flexfit

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I applied to the University of St. Augustine campus back in October for the MOT Fall 2018 program and I was wondering if anyone who applied to the same program has heard back from them yet. In their original email they sent me (back in October), they said that I would hear back in approximately 6-8 weeks after the application deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all! I applied to the University of St. Augustine campus back in October for the MOT Fall 2018 program and I was wondering if anyone who applied to the same program has heard back from them yet. In their original email they sent me (back in October), they said that I would hear back in approximately 6-8 weeks after the application deadline.
I'm in the same boat. I don't think they've reached out to applicants yet. Theres another thread "St. Augustine Fall 2018" that discusses this.

Hi! I applied for this cohort too and I got an email about 3 weeks ago offering me a interview on Feb 16. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of you heard back? I applied for the Flex MOT Fall 2018 and interviewed with them last Saturday. I am not sure when I will hear back with a decision.

Have any of you heard back? I applied for the Flex MOT Fall 2018 and interviewed with them last Saturday. I am not sure when I will hear back with a decision.

I interviewed for the full-time MOT fall 2018 program on February 16th and just received my acceptance yesterday!!

I interviewed for the full-time MOT fall 2018 program on February 16th and just received my acceptance yesterday!!
Congrats! How was the interview process? I was wondering what kind of questions they ask because I have my interview on March 16th!

Congrats! How was the interview process? I was wondering what kind of questions they ask because I have my interview on March 16th!
In my opinion, the interview was really laid back. It only lasted 30 minutes and the professor that interviewed me was extremely nice. They asked several situational questions and why we wanted to be and OT. They also asked what i liked and disliked most about the field

I also have an interview on March 16th at the St. Augustine campus!

In my opinion, the interview was really laid back. It only lasted 30 minutes and the professor that interviewed me was extremely nice. They asked several situational questions and why we wanted to be and OT. They also asked what i liked and disliked most about the field
I also have an interview on the 16th! What types of situational questions? I'm glad it's super laid back !

I also have an interview on the 16th! What types of situational questions? I'm glad it's super laid back !

I interviewed 2/23 for the Fall MOT. I agree the interview was very laid back I was with 1 other applicant and a professor. She asked us to about a situation in which we realized this is what we wanted to do. We were asked about our strengths, our weaknesses, and what area of OT interests us. It was very much like a conversation I didn't feel nervous. We were both asked the same questions but another girl I talked to that day said her and her partner were asked different questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 2/23 for the Fall MOT. I agree the interview was very laid back I was with 1 other applicant and a professor. She asked us to about a situation in which we realized this is what we wanted to do. We were asked about our strengths, our weaknesses, and what area of OT interests us. It was very much like a conversation I didn't feel nervous. We were both asked the same questions but another girl I talked to that day said her and her partner were asked different questions.
Was this for the San Marcos campus, or the St. Augustine campus?

I have an interview tomorrow at the St. Augustine Campus. I'm pretty excited but nervous at the same time. What are some pros and cons to the program that everyone has noticed so far?

I have an interview tomorrow at the St. Augustine Campus. I'm pretty excited but nervous at the same time. What are some pros and cons to the program that everyone has noticed so far?

They really emphasize that larger "core class" lectures are going to be online which to some is a pro and others a con. I personally like this because it allows me to be able to watch lectures over and over if there is something I might not understand. While I was on campus I saw a lot of students studying together so I think they have a good sense of community there. The faculty and staff seemed very kind and always willing to help in whatever way they can. They are opening a new functional skills lab that I think students will be able to use to practice bedside treatments and such. They did a good job of selling the program to me because USA was not my top choice but I was pleased. I don't think its a bad program I've only heard some people are weary because it is a for-profit school and cost is on the higher side of Florida programs compared to UF, FGCU, FIU.

Has anyone who was accepted heard anything back from them for the deposit or other forms? I haven't heard anything besides the acceptance email.

Has anyone who was accepted heard anything back from them for the deposit or other forms? I haven't heard anything besides the acceptance email.
I was accepted to the San Marcos OTD program and I haven't gotten anything. I've read on previous threads that it takes 2-3 weeks to get the next step paperwork. I started on all of the medical things that need to be completed (physical, DTaP shot, TB test, etc.) so that when I do get it, I can just upload it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone,

I just had a question for anyone that submitted through OTCAS. After having your application verified and your admission counselor sending it for review, how long did it take for them to reach out for an interview?

Hey everyone,

I just had a question for anyone that submitted through OTCAS. After having your application verified and your admission counselor sending it for review, how long did it take for them to reach out for an interview?
I think I sent my application in mid November and received an email from them for an interview January 9th.

I am waiting on another email as well. The only one I have received is my acceptance and that was a month ago

I am waiting on another email as well. The only one I have received is my acceptance and that was a month ago
I emailed one of the advisors and got an email back saying she was. out of the office until the 12th or 10th of April. Yeah I didn't know what to think since it was so long ago and I can't join the Facebook page to find a roommate until I fill those forms out

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Is there anyone who applied to the University of St. Augustine Austin campus for the Fall 2018 MOT Residential program who interviewed on March 16th? If so, has anyone heard back?

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Is there anyone who applied to the University of St. Augustine Austin campus for the Fall 2018 MOT Residential program who interviewed on March 16th? If so, has anyone heard back?
Hi! I was there on the 17th and still have not heard anything either!

Hi. I applied for the MOT St. Augustine Fall program @ St. Augustine. I still haven't heard anything back-- interviewed March 16th. Anyone else in the same boat?

Hi. I applied for the MOT St. Augustine Fall program @ St. Augustine. I still haven't heard anything back-- interviewed March 16th. Anyone else in the same boat?
I haven't heard back either!

I was accepted to the San Marcos OTD program and I haven't gotten anything. I've read on previous threads that it takes 2-3 weeks to get the next step paperwork. I started on all of the medical things that need to be completed (physical, DTaP shot, TB test, etc.) so that when I do get it, I can just upload it.
Since you're doing the OTD, do you have an idea of what category you're going to focus in for the last three trimesters?

Since you're doing the OTD, do you have an idea of what category you're going to focus in for the last three trimesters?
Not yet. I'm still trying to keep my mind open to a wide variety. I would like to focus on something with pediatrics -- but not sure yet!

I was notified earlier today that I got into USA's OTD program for Fall 2018!

Has anyone entering the Fall 2018 gotten the emails for the admissions documents?

Has anyone entering the Fall 2018 gotten the emails for the admissions documents?
I haven’t received any admission documents either. I guess they must still be making admission decisions.

I haven’t received any admission documents either. I guess they must still be making admission decisions.
Do you know if there are any MOT Facebook pages for the St. Augustine Campus?

Do you know if there are any MOT Facebook pages for the St. Augustine Campus?
I haven't seen any for 2018. Got the followup email with all the stuff we're supposed to get done to secure our seats though.

If anyone wants to join, we made a Facebook page for St. Augustine campus students! Its "University of St. Augustine, St. Augustine, FL Fall 2018"

Hello! I was wondering if anyone accepted into the Austin campus for OTD or MOT fall 2018 has started a Facebook page?