This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just had an interview with the Miami Campus 2/27 and received my acceptance 3/9. The interviews are not intimidating at all, everyone is really nice and friendly even the interviewers. They'll give you information about the school then you'll interview and tour the building. In the interview they asked tell me about yourself, how you think your undergrad prepared you for PT school, what will you do to ensure you're successful in the program, and a situational question.. There are two students to an interview, just be yourself and make sure to answer the questions I felt like the other person I was being interviewed with was very quick to answer which gave me time to think of a well-rounded answer and clearly worked in my favor. Just do your best! :)

When did you submit the application?

Members don't see this ad.

My "advisor" submitted my application January 3rd, and I got the email for an interview January 27th.

My "advisor" submitted my application January 3rd, and I got the email for an interview January 27th.

Did you ever get a confirmation in the email that your advisor submitted your application to admissions? The person that did my phone review said I will be receiving a confirmation in my email once she submitted my application but I have not received anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from my advisor confirming that she submitted my application but nothing else.

Also I would like to advise anyone who hasn't received anything yet to keep faith and be persistent. I advised HEAVILY by my advisor to not even submit my application because she felt my stats weren't typical of people who make it into the program, however I told her to submit application anyway and ended up getting an interview and now a seat.

You miss 100% of the chances you don't take so there's no harm in always trying!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I just had an interview with the Miami Campus 2/27 and received my acceptance 3/9. The interviews are not intimidating at all, everyone is really nice and friendly even the interviewers. They'll give you information about the school then you'll interview and tour the building. In the interview they asked tell me about yourself, how you think your undergrad prepared you for PT school, what will you do to ensure you're successful in the program, and a situational question.. There are two students to an interview, just be yourself and make sure to answer the questions I felt like the other person I was being interviewed with was very quick to answer which gave me time to think of a well-rounded answer and clearly worked in my favor. Just do your best! :)
Thank you so much!!

I got an email from my advisor confirming that she submitted my application but nothing else.

Also I would like to advise anyone who hasn't received anything yet to keep faith and be persistent. I advised HEAVILY by my advisor to not even submit my application because she felt my stats weren't typical of people who make it into the program, however I told her to submit application anyway and ended up getting an interview and now a seat.

You miss 100% of the chances you don't take so there's no harm in always trying!!!
What we're your stats if you don't mind me asking.

What we're your stats if you don't mind me asking.
my college gpa was a 3.5 but I did some retakes so ptcas calculates every grade which brought me down to like a 3.2
GRE was a 295
I had over 1,000 hrs as working as a tech and a few extracurriculars.

Reactions: 1 user
my college gpa was a 3.5 but I did some retakes so ptcas calculates every grade which brought me down to like a 3.2
GRE was a 295
I had over 1,000 hrs as working as a tech and a few extracurriculars.
That's very similar to what my stats are, but i only had a 290 gre

Submitted my app 1/15, interviewed on Tue 3/10, and I got accepted today Friday 3/13. Susan said on 3/10 they had currently accepted 20 students. Deposits are currently due April 14th. I’m open to DMs if you have any questions!

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted my app 1/15, interviewed on Tue 3/10, and I got accepted today Friday 3/13. Susan said on 3/10 they had currently accepted 20 students. Deposits are currently due April 14th. I’m open to DMs if you have any questions!
Congrats ! Which campus?

Just received my acceptance to San Marcos for Fall

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It would be funny to where name tags with our usernames on them.

I just received my acceptance for the Fall Flex program in San Marcos! Congrats to those who got in and good luck to those still interviewing!!

Reactions: 2 users
Those not from CA & got accepted, how are y'all planning your move with this coronavirus?
and with California on lockdown stay-at-home order? and airports starting to close?

So I’m supposed to interview in Austin on April 10th. But where I’m from (Louisiana) just put on a statewide shelter-in-place until April 13th. Do you think they would be okay with me asking to do a virtual interview that day or trying to reschedule the interview if I explained the situation? I know it’s all just so weird so no one might really know. But I don’t know if I’m allowed to go if we’re still on a shelter-in-place order.

So I’m supposed to interview in Austin on April 10th. But where I’m from (Louisiana) just put on a statewide shelter-in-place until April 13th. Do you think they would be okay with me asking to do a virtual interview that day or trying to reschedule the interview if I explained the situation? I know it’s all just so weird so no one might really know. But I don’t know if I’m allowed to go if we’re still on a shelter-in-place order.
I don't know maybe call&ask or check USA website of COVID-19 updates...? I'm from Texas... we have no order, or any lockdown except for Dallas so far.

When I got my interview email back in November, they gave me the option of doing an online one.

Yes you should ask. My interview last week was supposed to be in Miami but they made us switch to virtual instead.

How did the online interview go? How long was it?

How did the online interview go? How long was it?
Mine was around a 1h30 min, we had an introduction of the program then the interview portion (30 min) and an ending. There were about 12 people online and two other students during my actual interview part. We were only asked 3 questions and It was quick and easy. I didn't like how some people connection were not the best so their camera kept freezing while answering the questions which I think will make it unfair for them.

Mine was around a 1h30 min, we had an introduction of the program then the interview portion (30 min) and an ending. There were about 12 people online and two other students during my actual interview part. We were only asked 3 questions and It was quick and easy. I didn't like how some people connection were not the best so their camera kept freezing while answering the questions which I think will make it unfair for them.
Were the questions what you expected based on what you’ve seen on the forum?

Were the questions what you expected based on what you’ve seen on the forum?
Yes pretty easy questions. Why PT, how were you introduced to PT, why do you think you'll be a good PT was one question, a cheating scenario, and then name a time you had to deal with a lot of deadlines or responsibilities at one time.

Anyone got any update for the Dallas campus?
I have an appointment tomorrow to review my application with my advisor, I am going to ask about that campus. Anything you wanted to know?

I have an appointment tomorrow to review my application with my advisor, I am going to ask about that campus. Anything you wanted to know?

I applied to their program a month ago and haven’t heard from anything.

I applied to their program a month ago and haven’t heard from anything.
Oh well I applied back in December and barely heard back yesterday lol

Also stuff has probably slowed down with all this hysteria going on, but you'll hear back don't worry :)

Oh well I applied back in December and barely heard back yesterday lol

Also stuff has probably slowed down with all this hysteria going on, but you'll hear back don't worry :)

I'm hoping it'll calm down soon.

Congratulations! What was your stats? GRE scores? If you don’t mind sharing.

Congrats!! What were your stats?
Cum GPA: 3.3
Pre-Req: 3.7
Observation hours: 82 lol right above the requirement.
GRE: 305 combined 4 writing

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Unfortunately, I received a rejection letter today. Good luck and stay safe everyone.

Unfortunately, I received a rejection letter today. Good luck and stay safe everyone.
I am so sorry!!! This was my third time applying for school and it finally happened so don’t give up! We are just in some crazy times right now but keep your head up and know that your time is coming! Stay healthy and stay safe!

Keep your head up! You will get into a school eventually. Just make sure to keep working towards your goal and you will make it in eventually You miss 100% of the shots you don't take right

I have a virtual interview for the Austin campus this Wednesday, for those who have interviewed, what questions were asked and how did your interview feel overall?

I have a virtual interview for the Austin campus this Wednesday, for those who have interviewed, what questions were asked and how did your interview feel overall?
The interview felt more like a conversation and they want to get to know us. Just be yourself and you’ll do well! I honestly can’t remember the questions asked because it really was just like a conversation as opposed to an interview.

I have mine tomorrow, good luck!

I got accepted to Miami Campus today! Fall term

Reactions: 2 users