University of St. Augustine Fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed Yvette today because one of my transcripts is still not in after a month. Tacked on questions about the "new" requirements, waiting for reply....

Members don't see this ad.

I talked to Yvette last week, and the new changes are coming from above. It's all true, whatever is on the website now is what they're looking at.

Members don't see this ad :)
Autobiography is still there...
I'm at work, but when I get home tonight I'll try to find the page that doesn't include autobiography. Although another page on their site does include it....very confusing

wow, this is pretty crazy. So I decided to email Yvette today to ask that my application be considered for the Dec. 1st deadline, despite having 3 classes in progress at the time of the deadline. I'm willing to take my chances even if I only have 2 chances to apply. That'd be great for me if the autobiography is no longer required though because I still haven't written it!

I haven't written it either.

Socalboy7, thanks so much for the two links!

Reactions: 1 users
Woah...This is really frustrating. I spent quite a long time perfecting my autobiography. If they do not take that into consideration, that would have been such a waste.

I also already have my 4 references, as the old application required, submitted electronically. If they only take 2 references into consideration, that would also be such a waste of time and effort. I am having an extremely difficult time getting in contact with Jocyln or Yvette. Has anyone else been able to contact an admissions advisor?

Jocelyn Higa is out on "extended leave" apparently. I applied for Spring 2016, and I just got told that. I would say you have a better chance getting ahold of Yvette.

Spoke with Diane today from San Marcos. She told me some interesting things. Applicants were having a hard time writing autobiographys AND personal statements, so they decided to just make 1 personal statement required. Since I already wrote my autobiography, she stated that they will still read it, and it will be taken into consideration.

Does anyone know how long the statement of purpose is supposed to be? Also, is anyone here applying for the summer (may) 2016 term? I haven't seen a thread for it.

Does anyone know how long the statement of purpose is supposed to be? Also, is anyone here applying for the summer (may) 2016 term? I haven't seen a thread for it.

I'm applying for the summer may 2016 and I don't think there is a thread.....:)

Hey guys so I am trying to apply as well and I am having a hard time finding out how to get things submitted. For the pre-req form i emailed Yvette about it and have not got a response? Can someone else tell me what exactly all needs to be submitted now and how do you even submit your application? as I do not see any buttons or links to submit. I do have a pdf of the application and the pre-req form is in there, so I was thinking about filling that out and sending it in??? Any help would be much appreciated

Members don't see this ad :)
Woah...This is really frustrating. I spent quite a long time perfecting my autobiography. If they do not take that into consideration, that would have been such a waste.

I also already have my 4 references, as the old application required, submitted electronically. If they only take 2 references into consideration, that would also be such a waste of time and effort. I am having an extremely difficult time getting in contact with Jocyln or Yvette. Has anyone else been able to contact an admissions advisor?
I have had success with Yvette only

Does anybody have a confirmation yet about the autobiography? Yvette responded to me about my transcript, but not about the autobiography.

Does anybody have a confirmation yet about the autobiography? Yvette responded to me about my transcript, but not about the autobiography.
Yes. The autobiography is no longer required. It will still be taken into consideration if you submit it.

I was planning to apply for admission to the Fall 2016 class, but these forums have shown me how often people get bumped into the next cycle- would it make sense to apply for summer 2016 instead in case I get pushed to the next cycle?

how do you submit the applicaiton??

Reactions: 1 user
Randomly just now got a phone call from Yvette.

Autobiography is no longer required.
Statement of purpose is a 1200-word, 5-paragraph essay.
References - two references from a PT are preferred, otherwise one from a PT and one from an instructor is okay.
I received the prerequisite form via email right after the phone call.

Randomly just now got a phone call from Yvette.

Autobiography is no longer required.
Statement of purpose is a 1200-word, 5-paragraph essay.
References - two references from a PT are preferred, otherwise one from a PT and one from an instructor is okay.
I received the prerequisite form via email right after the phone call.
So the Statement of Purpose HAS to be 5 paragraphs?? I think that's kind of ridiculous..

So the Statement of Purpose HAS to be 5 paragraphs?? I think that's kind of ridiculous..
Given the vagueness of the directions online id say the 1200 words/ 5 paragraph requirements are just a guideline for the average submissions. The website clearly states it should be around 1200 words, however 5 paragraphs is never mentioned.

Sorry to double post.......

Does anyone know how to submit the application? I have submitted all required documents but there is no submit button. I have tried emailing and calling Yvette and Diana this past week with no luck. I'm applying for the summer '16 term and the deadline is fast approaching. I'm starting to become worried!

I'm not going for DPT (I'm applying for MOT), but I hear you guys are venting about applications at USA? Can I join?

Does anyone know how to submit the application? I have submitted all required documents but there is no submit button. I have tried emailing and calling Yvette and Diana this past week with no luck. I'm applying for the summer '16 term and the deadline is fast approaching. I'm starting to become worried!

Call Yvette and she'll look over it and manually accept it. I'm applying for Summer '16 too. My autobiography was >300 words, ditto with my personal statement haha. I'm leaning towards concise over length.

Call Yvette and she'll look over it and manually accept it. I'm applying for Summer '16 too. My autobiography was >300 words, ditto with my personal statement haha. I'm leaning towards concise over length.
Do you have yvettes number or extension? Also I spoke with Diana two weeks ago and she said the autobiography is no longer needed...only the ~1200 word personal statement of purpose.

EDIT: I just spoke to Yvette on the phone and apparently my application was submitted automatically once all the required documents were received. I find this strange because I wasn't notified in any way but she was able to confirm this over the phone.

Last edited:
Do you have yvettes number or extension? Also I spoke with Diana two weeks ago and she said the autobiography is no longer needed...only the ~1200 word personal statement of purpose.

EDIT: I just spoke to Yvette on the phone and apparently my application was submitted automatically once all the required documents were received. I find this strange because I wasn't notified in any way but she was able to confirm this over the phone.

What does it say under "Status?" Mine before calling Yvette said "Submitted," but now it says "Accepted."

What does it say under "Status?" Mine before calling Yvette said "Submitted," but now it says "Accepted."
All documents say "accepted", where as a few days ago some of my recently submitted documents said "submitted". I'm assuming that once all the documents were "accepted" that the application is officially complete. My only concern is that I would've liked a more officiall confirmation but I guess calling and finding out is good enough!

it's my understanding that you don't have to "submit" when completed....just upload your documents and you will slowly see them become accepted under the status in the final column...don't hold me to it but if your portal is like mine I think this theory is correct!

So if we already submitted an autobiography.... it's now disregarded and we just have to focus on the personal statement? How dare they.

So if we already submitted an autobiography.... it's now disregarded and we just have to focus on the personal statement? How dare they.

Actually, I was told that the autobiography would still be considered and read by admissions, it's just no longer required.

This is so annoying. Like I worry that if I did get into this school the whole program might be a mess just like their application process. Like how can an institution that has students that pay money be sooooo unorganized?

This is so annoying. Like I worry that if I did get into this school the whole program might be a mess just like their application process. Like how can an institution that has students that pay money be sooooo unorganized?
The good news is at least there isn't an application fee... Or at least I wasn't told to submit any form of payment. o_O

What has everyone done regarding the Statement of Purpose and Autobiography-- the specs for the Statement of Purpose state it is typically 1200 words, however I found a pdf doc of the application and it states ~1 typed page for the Statement and 2-3 pages for the Autobiography...
Hey I am So confused about the "autobiography" what is this? Its not the same as a personal statement......I also did not see any directions in regards to this at all so I'm so confused. Can you help a sister out? IS IT REQUIRED? Also, how do we submit our transcripts? are we suppose to get them from the school and scan them into the computer in order to upload?

Thanks so much guys!

Hey I am So confused about the "autobiography" what is this? Its not the same as a personal statement......I also did not see any directions in regards to this at all so I'm so confused. Can you help a sister out? IS IT REQUIRED? Also, how do we submit our transcripts? are we suppose to get them from the school and scan them into the computer in order to upload?

Thanks so much guys!
I've had it confirmed from Diana and Yvette that the autobiography is not REQUIRED, only the personal statement (1200 words). As for transcripts, I had each college I attended mail an official transcript to the address listed on the USA DPT website.

My freaking undergraduate transcript is still not showing up, it's been 2 months, and I've mentioned it to Yvette like ten times.

My freaking undergraduate transcript is still not showing up, it's been 2 months, and I've mentioned it to Yvette like ten times.
To be safe I would have the school re-send it and double check that the address is correct. I had to call and confirm mine had been sent like a month later because it got "misplaced" by the sorting department.

To be safe I would have the school re-send it and double check that the address is correct. I had to call and confirm mine had been sent like a month later because it got "misplaced" by the sorting department.
It's been sent and downloaded by the admissions email - I can see it on the order details. It also took them an entire month to get to it - there was a "password reminder sent" notice. So they do have it. It costs $10 to resend, so I'll resort to that if all my other materials are up and it's still not there. Yvette also said "allow 3-5 weeks to processing", so idk. It took another transcript one day to show up.

I'm with yogeeeee - this admissions process makes me concerned about attending school there :(

It's been sent and downloaded by the admissions email - I can see it on the order details. It also took them an entire month to get to it - there was a "password reminder sent" notice. So they do have it. It costs $10 to resend, so I'll resort to that if all my other materials are up and it's still not there. Yvette also said "allow 3-5 weeks to processing", so idk. It took another transcript one day to show up.

I'm with yogeeeee - this admissions process makes me concerned about attending school there :(

While this applications process has been unorganized and sometimes frustrating , it is my understanding that they just recently transitioned to a new application portal system and that might explain a few things. I also had a classmate from my undergraduate career go to USA and said some pretty positive things so I wouldn't be too worried.

Okay so I have a really stupid question, how do we know what our Applicant ID is? I can't find it anywhere =/

The good news is at least there isn't an application fee... Or at least I wasn't told to submit any form of payment. o_O
There probably is one lurking somewhere but its just not listed or written anywhere USA style

While this applications process has been unorganized and sometimes frustrating , it is my understanding that they just recently transitioned to a new application portal system and that might explain a few things. I also had a classmate from my undergraduate career go to USA and said some pretty positive things so I wouldn't be too worried.
Even if they transitioned I think this level of chaos is kinda ridiculous. I would be outraged if they did require a fee and still put us through this

Good luck everyone in the application process. I am currently at USA-ATX; if you have any simple questions let me know I would love to help.

Hi guys, anyone who is applying to the California campus having any luck contacting any of the advisors? I have been trying to contact them via phone and email for weeks now and they just keep directing me to answering machines after answering machines. I did read that Jocelyn is on extended leave... so who are we supposed to talk to? I'm having transcript document issues as well and have not gotten the prereq form... Why is there an option to upload unofficial transcripts? Do we have to submit both official and unofficial or are we able to substitute one for the other? HELP! :(

Does St. Augustine run on rolling admissions? Also, 1200 words in 5 paragraphs is cutting it close... Is 1200 words mandatory? I know this has been posted before but is there any confirmation from an admissions officer?

Does St. Augustine run on rolling admissions? Also, 1200 words in 5 paragraphs is cutting it close... Is 1200 words mandatory? I know this has been posted before but is there any confirmation from an admissions officer?
I was confused on if they are rolling admissions or not too. I asked and they said they will look at applications after the deadline...so it was kinda vague but sounds like no?

Hi guys, anyone who is applying to the California campus having any luck contacting any of the advisors? I have been trying to contact them via phone and email for weeks now and they just keep directing me to answering machines after answering machines. I did read that Jocelyn is on extended leave... so who are we supposed to talk to? I'm having transcript document issues as well and have not gotten the prereq form... Why is there an option to upload unofficial transcripts? Do we have to submit both official and unofficial or are we able to substitute one for the other? HELP! :(
Hey! You can choose to submit either official or unofficial transcript. I'm applying to FL and since Erika isn't there anymore, I've been emailing Diana. She's surprisingly great with responding!

They wait until deadline to look at applications, so they're not rolling. But because of all the problems they have with their admissions, it'd be safer to submit sooner than later. Also, for the essay, remember quality over quantity. If you're under 1200 words, that's okay. Good luck! :)

hi everyone! I will be starting San Marcos DPT in the spring. I ran into a lot of the issues with no responses and just answering machines. I finally got so fed up that I just drove to the campus and attended an open house to be able to talk to the advisors and get my documents organized. After meeting me they were much more responsive. So I'd suggest going to their next open house where the advisors are present to talk with you all in person. I originally applied to fall 2015 class and after meeting with the advisors I decided to defer my application to spring which I think was smart because it was one of the first applications in for spring since they already had all my documents for fall . I was put into the first set of interviews for spring and accepted three weeks later.

So I just randomly checked the admission requirements for USA again, and I swear like two months ago they were requiring two letters from a PT. Now it's "two letters from a PT preferred" or "One PT and one faculty member".
http://www.usa.edu/p7-402-Admissions-Requirements.aspx

RAGE. I've been shadowing a PT I dislike very much (she likes me though and the practice is conveniently located with convenient hours) in order to get the second PT letter.
When i first looked into USA in April it was 4 letters!!! Sooo happy they changed it!

I'm still raging. San Diego State just revamped their webpage and changed admission requirements, too. Like, 4 days ago. Granted, their cycle doesn't open until 10/1, but I'm asking for reference letters RIGHT NOW, and I've already gotten hard copies (as per previous requirements). Now they tell me it's electronic and I can't have a letter from an employer? And there's an essay about contemporary issues in PT? And a VIDEO??

Sorry this is unrelated to USA, I'm just really angry.

I feel the same way too! About all of the applications you have talked about. (USA, SDSU, PTCAS) I have had to go back to PTs and two of my employers several times and give them the most current information - they probably think that I am not on the ball and am getting everything wrong, but our lovely schools are the ones making us run around like chickens with our heads cut off! lol!