University of St. Augustine Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been looking into 2 bedroom apartments that are close to campus, and I see a lot that's about 1200-1600 which I feel is an ok price for me since I'll be splitting it with another person. I didn't consider 3 bedrooms because I would only like to have 1 roommate. Most people get roommates after they get accepted and someone makes the Facebook page where everyone can meet each other.

For anyone applying to Miami, are you all trying to get a roommate? Apartments near the Miami campus are around 2k a month for 3 bedroom. Just wondering how people go about that

What were y'alls stats?

Members don't see this ad.

I toured the St Aug campus and loved the area. I asked students there about living and a lot of them either bought a small house or they're staying at an apartment that a lot of students find convenient. Don't know the apartment name, but they did say information about living would be provided when interviews and a decision is made from the school. Don't know if this helps anyone, but thought I'd share.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been looking into 2 bedroom apartments that are close to campus, and I see a lot that's about 1200-1600 which I feel is an ok price for me since I'll be splitting it with another person. I didn't consider 3 bedrooms because I would only like to have 1 roommate. Most people get roommates after they get accepted and someone makes the Facebook page where everyone can meet each other.

I was contemplating asking to have my app switched to Miami since it might not be as competitive but I'm worried about the cost of living there.

So I get an email from USA last night. Heart starts racing. Open it up and it....welcomes me to the application process.... that's it! Anyone else get this email? Maybe it means their evaluation for Fall applicants has started?

Reactions: 1 users
So I get an email from USA last night. Heart starts racing. Open it up and it....welcomes me to the application process.... that's it! Anyone else get this email? Maybe it means their evaluation for Fall applicants has started?
Got the same one lol. What Campus are you applying for? I got it at 5am est.

Got the same one lol. What Campus are you applying for? I got it at 5am est.

What a tease it was haha. I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep after seeing that. I'm applying to the St Augustine campus.

I got the email too but I only just started my app (applying for summer '18). They might've just sent a blast email by accident.

I got the same email at 4:00 am.- i'm applying to Austin campus.

Got the same email at 5am est and had the same feelings. I'm applying to Austin

Got the same email at 5am est and had the same feelings. I'm applying to Austin
Does anyone else have it on their application under "application overview" where it says "Your application has been reviewed and an admission decision has been made"?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone else have it on their application under "application overview" where it says "Your application has been reviewed and an admission decision has been made"?
I do! but when i click the link to see the decision it states "Admissions Decision- Under Review". I've been checking my email and the application status constantly. I just want a decision lol D:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Who all is applying for Austin Summer or Fall?

Last edited:
How long does it take USA to process college transcripts that are mailed to them? Thanks in advance.

How long does it take USA to process college transcripts that are mailed to them? Thanks in advance.

Mine were processed within a week. I submitted end of November so maybe it's quicker depending what time of the year they get them

So no one here is applying to the Miami campus for Fall 2017?
I am applying for either that or the Flex program for the fall 2018 semester

It all depends on my financial situation since I live only 20 mins from the Miami Campus

My application just got submitted!
I had somany different parts that needed submitting.
So I spoke with Erin Sheehan.
She said the applications will be reviewed in the order they come in once the date is closed!
But they won't offer any interviews till ALL the applications have been reviewed.
It seems to be on grades for this round. But I keep hearing about people with very good grades being rejected. Mostly after an interview though.

Hopefully they start sending them out mid February like someone said. This is giving me really bad anxiety even though I'm pretty confident in my stats. Every day I work at my dead end job I think about it.
Do they email you either way?
Is there an order to it?
Rejections first?
My heart pounds every time I see a St Augustine Email.....

Hello all!
I email Erin Sheehan this morning about a time frame for decision to made. If and when she apply I will update everyone.
I applied to the San Marcos campus though, so I don't know if my information will be helpful to most of you who seem to be on the east coast.

My buddy and former coworker who was accepted into the Jan. term said that they weigh the GRE score heavy into decision process for interviewing.

For St Augustine she said between 6-10 weeks from DEC 15th...they will send out decisions

Just to share some light to the situation. This is my second cycle of applying to PT schools. I had applied for this upcoming Summer 2017 term for the Saint Augustine campus. I received my invite on 10/20 for an interview on 11/18. As the weeks passed I was super anxious as some of you are. I received my acceptance 12/22. I believe many decisions were sent out that day as a friend, who applied to the same campus and same term as I did, received his decision as well. I know they look at your whole application very thoroughly and weigh your GRE very heavily. I know this because I applied with a Master's degree in Exercise Physiology and they no longer look at your GRE score. When I mentioned my graduate school experience in the interview the professor's eyes lit up, as not many applicants apply with a Master's degree. The reason I am saying this is because if you do end up getting denied and really want to pursue physical therapy school, go back and get your Master's degree in a year then reapply. That's what I did and as of right now I am attending USA this May.

Good luck to you all and I wish you much success.

Reactions: 3 users
Just to share some light to the situation. This is my second cycle of applying to PT schools. I had applied for this upcoming Summer 2017 term for the Saint Augustine campus. I received my invite on 10/20 for an interview on 11/18. As the weeks passed I was super anxious as some of you are. I received my acceptance 12/22. I believe many decisions were sent out that day as a friend, who applied to the same campus and same term as I did, received his decision as well. I know they look at your whole application very thoroughly and weigh your GRE very heavily. I know this because I applied with a Master's degree in Exercise Physiology and they no longer look at your GRE score. When I mentioned my graduate school experience in the interview the professor's eyes lit up, as not many applicants apply with a Master's degree. The reason I am saying this is because if you do end up getting denied and really want to pursue physical therapy school, go back and get your Master's degree in a year then reapply. That's what I did and as of right now I am attending USA this May.

Wow that is so good to hear. I have a masters too so didn't have to submit my GRE score. I was worried that it would put me at a disadvantage as I don't have a score really to show?
So was there a question relating to your masters experience or you volunteered to talk about it?
Also I am much older and my masters is from years ago so may not be relevant. Whereas my pre reqs are very recent.

Wow that is so good to hear. I have a masters too so didn't have to submit my GRE score. I was worried that it would put me at a disadvantage as I don't have a score really to show?
So was there a question relating to your masters experience or you volunteered to talk about it?
Also I am much older and my masters is from years ago so may not be relevant. Whereas my pre reqs are very recent.
I'm glad to hear that helped. As far as I know, not many applicants apply with a Master's degree that's why it gives us a huge advantage. I believe they waive the GRE entirely and give you around the highest score if you show that you have excelled in your previous graduate school experience.
As for a question about it, there was one indeed. Maybe a few. I think I was asked "how has your previous experience in college helped you prepare for a rigorous program such as the DPT program at USA?" I felt I nailed that question. I remember talking about how graduate school is much different than getting your bachelors degree in the sense that you're taking classes with the all same people and forming that strong relationship with your classmates. I also mentioned the variety of research projects each class offers that allows you to understand WHY things are implemented from research the way they are, as opposed to my undergraduate school was just telling me WHAT is going on. If you can relate your masters degree experience to the question you will be golden. The professor I interviewed with really seemed intrigued when I mentioned about muscle research and the different volunteer opportunities I got involved with. If you have need other tips feel free to ask.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear that helped. As far as I know, not many applicants apply with a Master's degree that's why it gives us a huge advantage. I believe they waive the GRE entirely and give you around the highest score if you show that you have excelled in your previous graduate school experience.
As for a question about it, there was one indeed. Maybe a few. I think I was asked "how has your previous experience in college helped you prepare for a rigorous program such as the DPT program at USA?" I felt I nailed that question. I remember talking about how graduate school is much different than getting your bachelors degree in the sense that you're taking classes with the all same people and forming that strong relationship with your classmates. I also mentioned the variety of research projects each class offers that allows you to understand WHY things are implemented from research the way they are, as opposed to my undergraduate school was just telling me WHAT is going on. If you can relate your masters degree experience to the question you will be golden. The professor I interviewed with really seemed intrigued when I mentioned about muscle research and the different volunteer opportunities I got involved with. If you have need any other tips feel free to ask.
Thank you so much.
My masters was in Economics and I worked in finance and marketing for 10 years so that may not be relevant. But i have a child with autism and all my experience and future goals are around what physical therapy can do for my autistic child. So I have story to tell.
Congratulations on getting in!!
I may inbox you nearer the time may I get an interview.

I am worried that if I get invited for an intreview it may clash with an exam date or something. Does anyone know if these interview days tend to happen on a certain day of the week?

Thank you so much.
My masters was in Economics and I worked in finance and marketing for 10 years so that may not be relevant. But i have a child with autism and all my experience and future goals are around what physical therapy can do for my autistic child. So I have story to tell.
Congratulations on getting in!!
I may inbox you nearer the time may I get an interview.
If you can tailor your experience in finance and marketing to being "service oriented" I think you will be fine. I'm coming from two positions in customer service where my job was totally based on helping others and putting them before myself. I spoke about that as well and it seemed successful.
As for your story with your child and the experiences you've had already with physical therapy, speak about that and you'll be absolutely fine. That sounds like it would really strike a cord and you would speak from the heart as it is something that is personal to you. Feel free to message me if need be.
Thank you! I'm so excited to begin!

I have a 301 4.0 GRE... Wish I took it more than once. I think I could've made a 310 plus.

Sorry in advance because I've asked this before, but was hoping to get some more people to weigh in.

If I have completed (or am in the process of completing) ALL prerequisites post-bachelor's, do those count towards the "trend GPA" or last 45-60 credits? For me personally, there are two very different stories to be told depending on which they factor in. I earned my bachelor's over 6 years ago. I've gotten a couple different responses from USA advisors so want to get a definitive answer if someone can answer from personal experience.

Sorry in advance because I've asked this before, but was hoping to get some more people to weigh in.

If I have completed (or am in the process of completing) ALL prerequisites post-bachelor's, do those count towards the "trend GPA" or last 45-60 credits? For me personally, there are two very different stories to be told depending on which they factor in. I earned my bachelor's over 6 years ago. I've gotten a couple different responses from USA advisors so want to get a definitive answer if someone can answer from personal experience.

You and I are in the same boat. I graduated as well 6 years ago. The trend gpa is the last 45 credit hours the way I see it. I did almost all of my prereqs in the last year and a half so those will be part of my trend gpa (last 45 credit hours). Hope that helps and good luck!

You and I are in the same boat. I graduated as well 6 years ago. The trend gpa is the last 45 credit hours the way I see it. I did almost all of my prereqs in the last year and a half so those will be part of my trend gpa (last 45 credit hours). Hope that helps and good luck!

Thanks for the reply! Have you applied yet? Yvette Shaver at Austin told me it's the last 45 of undergrad, but then I attended a webinar in which they said it's the last 45 of your academic career. So I was confused, lol.

If you can tailor your experience in finance and marketing to being "service oriented" I think you will be fine. I'm coming from two positions in customer service where my job was totally based on helping others and putting them before myself. I spoke about that as well and it seemed successful.
As for your story with your child and the experiences you've had already with physical therapy, speak about that and you'll be absolutely fine. That sounds like it would really strike a cord and you would speak from the heart as it is something that is personal to you. Feel free to message me if need be.
Thank you! I'm so excited to begin!
Thank you sooooo much

I asked them and they said YES but the labs and med terminology grades will not be included.

Those will not be included in the trend GPA or prereq GPA? Or both?
They will be included in both.
But labs and med term won't count for either.
Which is weird cuz labs are a lot of hard work for very little credit.
Thats what I was told

Anybody heard anything about interviews?? D:

Hey, I was assigned a new enrollment advisor (Kim Dube) and asked her my question again regarding the trend gpa and my recently-taken prerequisites. Here is what she said:
"They will not “double count” in both your prerequisite and trend GPA. The trend GPA is the last 40 to 80 hours of your undergrad GPA and the prerequisite GPA is only the prerequisites."

Sad news for me... My trend GPA is going to look atrocious. :(

Hey, I was assigned a new enrollment advisor (Kim Dube) and asked her my question again regarding the trend gpa and my recently-taken prerequisites. Here is what she said:
"They will not “double count” in both your prerequisite and trend GPA. The trend GPA is the last 40 to 80 hours of your undergrad GPA and the prerequisite GPA is only the prerequisites."

Sad news for me... My trend GPA is going to look atrocious. :(

That's strange because I could have swore I saw the last 45 count as something.

I'm stressing out lol :( haven't heard anything, but I'm pretty sure we should be hearing something by this week D:

I had this up until this weekend but I just checked and it now no longer says this. Did this disappear for anyone else too??

I had this up until this weekend but I just checked and it now no longer says this. Did this disappear for anyone else too??
So since the application was submitted I have only gone to the admission decision page and it says under review etc with a note from the director.
But yes under application overview it does say a decision has been made but when I click on it it takes me to a page that says application under review.
I never looked under the review tab before so don't know if it was there.
I have a feeling they really have decided.
Oh my GODDDDDDDD

Good luck all you guys.
I don't even know how they inform you of the decision?
Email?
Letter?
On this application?
Does anyone know?
Normally rejections go out before acceptance letters in other colleges that I know of.
OK I am going to stop overanalyzing this.

So since the application was submitted I have only gone to the admission decision page and it says under review etc with a note from the director.
But yes under application overview it does say a decision has been made but when I click on it it takes me to a page that says application under review.
I never looked under the review tab before so don't know if it was there.
I have a feeling they really have decided.
Oh my GODDDDDDDD

Good luck all you guys.
I don't even know how they inform you of the decision?
Email?
Letter?
On this application?
Does anyone know?
Normally rejections go out before acceptance letters in other colleges that I know of.
OK I am going to stop overanalyzing this.

It always said that once you are submitted. One will say admissions has been made and the other will say it's in review. Think we're all in the same boat. And from past threads I believe they will invite you for an interview via email. Or you'll find out through that portal

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is anyone else on here applying to Austin Flex?