University of St. Augustine Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from the Austin March 16th interview yet? We might hear back this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from the Austin March 16th interview yet? We might hear back this week.
I haven’t yet, when either of us do we should definitely post! I hope we hear back this week.

Ease our minds a little!

I have an interview set up with USA San Marcos coming up....not sure if its a good or bad thing.
If you receive an interview, it's always a good thing. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
I haven’t yet, when either of us do we should definitely post! I hope we hear back this week.

Ease our minds a little!
I haven’t heard back either, but I’m hoping we’ll hear something by Friday!

I haven’t heard back either, but I’m hoping we’ll hear something by Friday!
Did they say 2 or 3 weeks to hear back? I was under the impression we would hear back the first week of April. I hope we find out this friday!

Did they say 2 or 3 weeks to hear back? I was under the impression we would hear back the first week of April. I hope we find out this friday!
I think that Jill Jennings had stated it typically takes 3 weeks to hear back from UStAug about admissions, however, her goal was to let us know within a week and a half. So the timeline would be anytime from now until Friday, April 6th for the interviewees on March 16th.

I wonder if they will be combing through individuals applying for summer first (as that is a more pressing timeline right now) and then will consider Fall residential applicants.. Idk :/ waiting is the worst!

Reactions: 1 users
I agree, especially schools that look at applicants holistically I feel like it is all about luck.

I think that Jill Jennings had stated it typically takes 3 weeks to hear back from UStAug about admissions, however, her goal was to let us know within a week and a half. So the timeline would be anytime from now until Friday, April 6th for the interviewees on March 16th.

I wonder if they will be combing through individuals applying for summer first (as that is a more pressing timeline right now) and then will consider Fall residential applicants.. Idk :/ waiting is the worst!
Does anyone know how many spots they have left?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many spots they have left?
I don’t think we really know anything lol. I think someone mentioned they had seen 2 posts on Facebook about people being accepted into the fall program

Has anyone from the March 16th interview of San Marcos heard anything yet??

Does anyone know if USA has a waitlist? Or will it be just accepted/denied?

Does anyone know if USA has a waitlist? Or will it be just accepted/denied?
I’ve heard it depends on if you were in the first or second interview group. First interview group is simply accepted or denied. Second interview group could be waitlisted.

I’ve heard it depends on if you were in the first or second interview group. First interview group is simply accepted or denied. Second interview group could be waitlisted.
Yikes, I don't know when the first date for interviews was for Austin Fall Residential, but you would think that would put individuals in the first interview at a disadvantage right?

Well, with any luck we'll be classmates soon! Good luck guys!

accepted fall 2018 from March 16th Interview. woo!

Reactions: 2 users
For those who were accepted (to any St. Aug campus), will you be accepting your spot?

I got into another program (Chatham in Pittsburgh, PA) that's significantly cheaper, but the facilities were not as nice. St. Augustine has much better on campus resources with their Sim Center and cadaver lab, but the tuition and cost of living in the area is really daunting. However, I do want to work/live in the San Diego area once I graduate. Is it better to pay more now for the potential employment opportunities later? I'm sure I'll enjoy Pittsburgh but I am a California girl to the core.

Any advice is much appreciated!!

For those who were accepted (to any St. Aug campus), will you be accepting your spot?

I got into another program (Chatham in Pittsburgh, PA) that's significantly cheaper, but the facilities were not as nice. St. Augustine has much better on campus resources with their Sim Center and cadaver lab, but the tuition and cost of living in the area is really daunting. However, I do want to work/live in the San Diego area once I graduate. Is it better to pay more now for the potential employment opportunities later? I'm sure I'll enjoy Pittsburgh but I am a California girl to the core.

I would definitely pick the cheaper program. You don't want to be paying school off for the rest of your life!

Depends on the tuition gap. Your internships could also lead to career opportunities so that's also something to consider.

Congrats!! How did you find out, did they email you or is it on your portal?

email yesterday evening. about 1.5 weeks from interview as they said.

Is this for Austin? CONGRATS! That’s awesome!

Miami campus

Do you mind sharing your stats?

ucGPA- 2.90
gcGPA - 3.86
pGPA- 3.2
GRE- 156V 159 Q 4.0 essay

my undergrad was an abysmal time period of my life. I had personal struggles that just kept piling and it affected my undergrad tremendously. i'm still paying for that time 15 years later. thankfully, i got my stuff together with the support of my family and was able to regain track and had a more successful graduate experience. Mostly straight As and lots of extracurricular activities and volunteering. I did volunteer hours in a variety of settings (outpatient, inpatient, recreational therapy, oncology, pediatrics, geriatric etc) you name it, close to 3000 hours. I got involved with emerging fitness and health related initiatives in some volunteering venues for experience and recognition. All of that meant squat to a majority of programs given that my undergrad experience is the litmus test for a lot of programs. and i don't fault them, but it has left a sour taste in my mouth that i am still suffering the repercussions of my inexperience and immaturity almost 2 decades later. i'm definitely glad some programs looked past my undergrad and gave me a chance to show them the effort i've put into this dream of mine.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone contacted someone from admissions for San Marcos recently? I don't want to bombard them with people asking when we might hear back but if someone on here already asked them, then maybe you could share? My anxiety is running high and I just want to know how much longer we might have to wait (hopefully less than a month)! Thanks :)

Has anyone contacted someone from admissions for San Marcos recently? I don't want to bombard them with people asking when we might hear back but if someone on here already asked them, then maybe you could share? My anxiety is running high and I just want to know how much longer we might have to wait (hopefully less than a month)! Thanks :)
I interviewed 2/16 and they replied exactly 3 weeks from my interview date so most likely you'll hear back by or around next friday.

I have an interview set up with USA San Marcos coming up....not sure if its a good or bad thing.

I would say good, since it means that they are trying to fill spots. There's still hope. Plus, I will be declining my spot at San Marcos. Good luck to y'all! Don't let being put on the waitlist discourage you!!! That is how I got into my dream PT program. :D

Has anyone else been refreshing their email all day ... dying to hear back from the Austin 3/16 interview!

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you waiting to make your deposit for San Marcos, I spoke with admissions on Tuesday and they said those forms should be sent out by the end out this week/beginning of next week!

For those of you waiting to make your deposit for San Marcos, I spoke with admissions on Tuesday and they said those forms should be sent out by the end out this week/beginning of next week!
Dope, thanks!

Has anyone heard back from the st Augustine campus for the 3/16 interview?

This Friday makes 3 weeks since 3/16 St Augustine Campus interview.. should hear back this week most likely!

I thought I'd mention that they told us a lot of acceptance emails had been going to spam, so check both your inbox and spam!

Just got my denial email this morning. Good luck to everyone else.

Just got my denial email this morning. Good luck to everyone else.
Hey I'm sorry to hear that, I hope something else works out for ya! When did you interview and for what cohort/campus?

My Stats:

Bachelor's in Exercise Physiology
Cumulative GPA: 2.9 (The bane of my application:dead:)
Prerequisite GPA 3.2
1,500+ hours in both outpatient and inpatient
GRE: Verbal 157 Quantitative 150 Analytical Writing 4.5
Hey, I know this post is from a while back, but after looking through this thread I see that you interviewed for Austin Residential Fall start on February 16th. Approximately when did you hear back from the admissions department?

I can't stop refreshing my email! I'm ready to hear back now :p

Any updates from the Austin campus?

ca8.png

Tomorrow is 3 weeks since the 3/16 interview! :) Goodluck to everyone !

Waiting as well!
My friend got accepted to the summer start date for Austin yesterday and she was at the 3/16 interview. Hopefully we’ll start hearing back this afternoon!