University of St. Augustine Spring 2014 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the email last night! In off the waitlist for San Marcos! Can't wait to see you all in January! Just requested to join the fb group. I go by the name of Matt fuller

Last edited:
Congrats!! I just checked and my status still says "post-interview waiting list" :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many applications they receive for Flex Part-Time DPT program ( in CA)??? Is Part-time program more or less competitive than full-time?

has anyone contacted the USA admissions in regards to their post-interview waitlist status?
:scared: i'm chomping at the bit to find out whether or not I am accepted

ugh me too. i haven't contacted them, but i've been checking online every chance i get :(

I really want to get in the USA dpt program for summer 2014 but I'm worried I am not competitive enough, these are my stats:

Pre-req GPA: 3.36
Overall GPA: 3.27
Last 40 hrs GPA: 3.45

GRE: 143 V 145 Q 3.5W

I have worked at two pt clinics as a technician and I have about 100+ volunteer hours at other pt areas.
I had some leadership roles in my university and was an honor student

What do you think, honestly? I want to get in at Austin. I'm so worried!

Does St. Augustine do interviews? Or are they the type to just give out acceptances?

Does St. Augustine do interviews? Or are they the type to just give out acceptances?
Yes. They conduct interviews. They are also mandatory. So if you are unable to attend the date they provided, you will not be admitted into the program.

I really want to get in the USA dpt program for summer 2014 but I'm worried I am not competitive enough, these are my stats:

Pre-req GPA: 3.36
Overall GPA: 3.27
Last 40 hrs GPA: 3.45

GRE: 143 V 145 Q 3.5W

I have worked at two pt clinics as a technician and I have about 100+ volunteer hours at other pt areas.
I had some leadership roles in my university and was an honor student

What do you think, honestly? I want to get in at Austin. I'm so worried!
I spoke to the admissions director a couple of months ago and this is what he told me: To be competitive (good chance for an interview), applicants should have a 3.5 for both Last 45 GPA and Pre-req GPA. They require the GRE to be at least a 294, but the average candidate has about a 305. Just like you I worked as a PT tech and I obtained about 4,000 hours in both inpatient and outpatient. However, your amount of hours only matter during the interview process, not TO GET an interview. In order to be interviewed they only look to see if you got the mininum (50 hours I believe).

I was interviewed in July and got accepted for the Spring 14' cycle. Hope this information helped. You should definitely work to improve your GRE because that is what they said is the most important component.

Hi everyone,
Im applying to USA as well but for FALL 2014. Would it be beneficial to attend an open house tour? ive heard some schools take note of those who attend their tours and may use it when selecting applicants whom posses virtually identical stats. Of course grades and GRE are my primary concerns but they have an open house coming up and Im debating whether to register or not.
Thanks in advance!

this is a question for all USA reapplicants...did you have to send in new LOR every cycle you applied for? I was under this impression until I talked to a staff member in the Florida campus and she said as long as it's not too outdated they will reuse it. However, on the website for reapplicants it states that new LOR are needed.. IM SO CONFUSED! lol My online status says that I have all the documents needed and I only had one new pt LOR completed...

Just curious but has anyone who interviewed at the Austin, TX campus Sept 13 heard back yet? It's been just over 2 weeks, although they said it may take up to 3 weeks. Also my.usa hasn't changed from "you've been granted an interview"...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious but has anyone who interviewed at the Austin, TX campus Sept 13 heard back yet? It's been just over 2 weeks, although they said it may take up to 3 weeks. Also my.usa hasn't changed from "you've been granted an interview"...

I interviewed at Austin campus on Sept 13th. I have not heard anything yet. My status still says the same as yours about being invited for an interview. I heard that it would probably be 3 weeks, possibly longer if someone is on vacation ect., before they let us know. So I am trying to not stress it yet. I am curious though how many people interviewed, and how many they accept? Do you know? Good luck!

I interviewed at Austin campus on Sept 13th. I have not heard anything yet. My status still says the same as yours about being invited for an interview. I heard that it would probably be 3 weeks, possibly longer if someone is on vacation ect., before they let us know. So I am trying to not stress it yet. I am curious though how many people interviewed, and how many they accept? Do you know? Good luck!

Assuming they only had one interview for Spring 2014 (Sept 13), I would guess that no more than 60 people were in that main room since we were split up into three groups and I think my group (red) had less than 20 people in it. I heard they were thinking of accepting 50 people, but previous cohorts were around 40 so I'm not sure. Still seems like pretty good odds but I don't want to put the cart before the horse...

Last edited:
The ladies at the front desk said that there were 58 people invited to the sept 13th interview. I heard that there might be another interview date, but nobody here has ever mentioned it.

the announcements for accepted students is due by this friday. Im not trying to get my hopes up because there were plenty of competitive students at the interview day, and USA Austin seems like it would be a great school to attend.

does anyone have a definite number on the spring cohort? I thought it was around 53 ish, but 40? seems smaller than I originally though :(

The ladies at the front desk said that there were 58 people invited to the sept 13th interview. I heard that there might be another interview date, but nobody here has ever mentioned it.

the announcements for accepted students is due by this friday. Im not trying to get my hopes up because there were plenty of competitive students at the interview day, and USA Austin seems like it would be a great school to attend.

does anyone have a definite number on the spring cohort? I thought it was around 53 ish, but 40? seems smaller than I originally though :(

oh ok, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was more than one interview day. One of the current students said that there were 3 different interview days for the class that started in fall 2012. I was talking to someone at the interview that said she thinks the odds are pretty good since financial aid, school policies, ect. (topics only relevant to accepted students) were discussed at the beginning of the interview. I really hope that is the case. Good luck!

I called a few days ago and they said they were still making decisions and that we would know as soon as they've decided. I don't know what's taking so long. I'm hoping we were the only interview date. Reading this forum is making me nervous. Good luck everyone!

oh ok, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was more than one interview day. One of the current students said that there were 3 different interview days for the class that started in fall 2012. I was talking to someone at the interview that said she thinks the odds are pretty good since financial aid, school policies, ect. (topics only relevant to accepted students) were discussed at the beginning of the interview. I really hope that is the case. Good luck!

Yeah, I heard the same thing regarding multiple interview days from some of the current students as well, but I did not ask any of the professors if we were the only group. I remember reading that there would be 100+ interviewees on interview day, at least for the other campuses, so maybe thats why. Either way there are only a few hours left until the announcement (3 weeks this friday)! :scared:

No news yet, granted it's only 7:30am PST (9:30am in Austin). Hopefully by noon... Good luck everyone!

Btw, I've heard the Austin campus does things a bit differently from the other campuses, hence waiting so long to let people know, different sized classes etc.

I was also at the Austin interview on the 13th. When I spoke with a faculty member in regards to our interview and if there would be more interview dates for our class she made it seem like it was just us. 58 interviews for 45-50 seats, and that they would only have more interviews if they simply couldn't fill the seats with applicants they felt were suitable for the program. That was my interpretation of it anyhow. I've also heard that several faculty members in admissions have been on vacation within the last 3 weeks so that's mostly like what's taking so long. After searching the forums I've seen atleast one instance where notifications were sent out closer to four weeks rather than three :/ I'm hoping that won't be the case with us! I felt like we were a pretty strong group of applicants, everyone I talked to seemed to be top notch. The other two applicants in my interview both did very well, I think we all did. I'm sure it led up to some hard decisions thus making the decision process even longer. I can't imagine having to wait another week to find out...I'm already losing sleep as it is. Goodluck to everyone today!

It is 2:30pm EST, have not heard anything yet. I hope we hear something by the end of the day.

Bad news everyone. I just called and they said we definitely wouldn't know by today. They said decisions would be made on Monday and acceptances will go out by the end of next week. I'm frustrated that Austin has taken much longer than they said they would for first inviting us to interview, and now on acceptances.

Bad news everyone. I just called and they said we definitely wouldn't know by today. They said decisions would be made on Monday and acceptances will go out by the end of next week. I'm frustrated that Austin has taken much longer than they said they would for first inviting us to interview, and now on acceptances.
Well that's definitely bad news, thanks for the update though! If decisions will be made on monday I wonder why they're going to wait until the end of the week to let us know? Another week of waiting seems unbearable.

Did anybody else who interviewed at Austin just get an update email from st augustine basically just stating that the decisions are taking longer than expected, and they will let us know shortly? It said once final decisions are made, email notices will go out within an hour after that.
I was so nervous at first thinking we would find out now!

Got the same message, hopefully we'll hear back in the next couple days!

Just got the acceptance email 20 minutes ago!!!! I am so excited!!! So much to do before the program starts. Good luck to everyone else!

Just received the acceptance email! Such a nice way to start the day, good luck to everyone!

I'm in the process of making a Facebook page for the Spring 2014 Austin campus! I need at least one other person who got in to add me as a FB friend so our "group" can be created!

Dustin Butler - Seattle/University of Washington (profile pic is me rock climbing/repelling)

Congrats to everyone getting accepted!! I hope I can say the same in a few months. I just applied for the austin may 2014 class. Do yall mind sharing your stats? very excited and nervous and so very happy for all the acceptances!

I just got my acceptance letter also! congrats to those accepted! and good luck to those still waiting

Congrats to everyone getting accepted!! I hope I can say the same in a few months. I just applied for the austin may 2014 class. Do yall mind sharing your stats? very excited and nervous and so very happy for all the acceptances!

Good luck to you

My stats (to give you an idea) are:
last 45 credits gpa: not exactly sure, but it is close to a 3.9
prerequisite gpa: again, I am not exactly sure, but I would guess about 3.65 (this includes a few retakes)
GRE: 149 Q, 147 V, 3.5 W

Volunteer: 200+ hours in outpatient orthopedics. 15 hours spread out in inpatient cardiovascular and pulmonary, inpatient orthopedics, and inpatient neurology/trauma. 37 hours in outpatient pediatrics.

Work as a rehab tech in outpatient orthopedics: 1500+ hours.

Various extracurriculars and worked part-time during college.

I am new to the site so please bare with me while I try and figure how to navigate around certain area's. I have searched and read majority of the comments on this thread and I see a lot about the Austin campus. I have recently submitted an application to the Florida campus for May of 2014, has anyone heard or received any emails concerning interviews for that admissions cycle?

Also anyone that is attending the school at the present time and does not mind to share their overall experience and impression of USA at St. Augustine please feel free to private message my account.

Hey guys congrats to everyone! I just got accepted to the January DPT FLEX program for the Florida campus. I'll be moving out in January and don't know anyone. Just wanted to get to know some of my classmates both in the flex program and regular program. Anyone else in the FLEX program?

i applied for summer 2014 for the OT program at usa!

Just got an email today that I am invited for an interview on the St. Augustine campus for the May 2014 admission on November 22nd at 9:00am. I am wondering if anyone else has this same interview date. Best of luck to everyone who still has not heard anything and congrats to those of you that have already been accepted.

i did :) im pretty sure its the same date for everyone. are you PT or oT?

Can I ask for some assistance on both interview questions and Essay questions? I have an interview at the end of the month for FL campus! thanks and congrats to everyone here

You will be asked general questions as well as WTH questions. For example, WTH: if you were a ball which ball would it be and why? General: Why are you choosing this field? Strengths and weaknesses? What is PT and how does it differ from OT. ( answer wisely) . How do you balance life and school work? Etc. Overall it was a laid back experience for me. You will interview with maybe 2 other interviewees. You will be interviewed by an instructor and a student. When I was a student there, I participated in several of these interviews and asked prospectives many of those same questions. Cost of tuition and cost of living will be reiterated to determine your determination to attend USA. I would suggest answering all questions with confidence, allowing all other applicants to speak. Dress to impress because the number one thing that the school stresses is PROFESSIONALISM. Grad school there was probably the most difficult thing I've completed in my life; however, I don't regret one day of misery during my tenure there.

Dress to impress because the number one thing that the school stresses is PROFESSIONALISM. [/quote]
a0pitre, do most female students wear a suit or a jacket for interviews??? How much formal should my clothes be?

I've seen both but mostly suit. I'm not saying prom wear but business attire would definitely suffice.

a0pitre would you be able to let us know how many people interview for each term, and out of those on average how many are accepted?

Hello, i just got an invitation for interview at san marcos for OT. Does anybody know how many applicants they invite for interview?

There's usually anywhere from 200-300 students. Typically 70-80 PTs 15-20OT spots 8-10 dual spots. This is going off of the past two years. I hear there is changes to online learning sooo maybe they are taking in more students. I started there in Jan 2010 and graduated Dec 2011 OT and Apr 2013 PT. My class size in 2010 was about 80with 50 PTs 20 OTs and a few Duals. Hope this helps. Again that number may have changed

Thanks a0pitre. Out of the 300 applicants how many do they invite for interview? Do they invite everyone who submitted? Also, how long does it take to find out if you have been accepted after the interview?

Thanks a0pitre. Out of the 300 applicants how many do they invite for interview? Do they invite everyone who submitted? Also, how long does it take to find out if you have been accepted after the interview?
In regards to my abnormally large number earlier, most of my former schoolmates said the number of interviewees ranged from 120 to 170. Everyone isn't invited to an interview. I can't imagine it being several months ,once all required paperwork is completed, the school notifying of an invite to interview. Not sure the exact duration, sorry.