University of St. Augustine Spring 2014 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bubwey,

looking through earlier post in this thread it appeared to have taken 1-2 weeks to find out acceptance for the Spring 2014 class. My bet would be by December 6th but that is purely speculation.

Members don't see this ad.

There's usually anywhere from 200-300 students. Typically 70-80 PTs 15-20OT spots 8-10 dual spots. This is going off of the past two years. I hear there is changes to online learning sooo maybe they are taking in more students. I started there in Jan 2010 and graduated Dec 2011 OT and Apr 2013 PT. My class size in 2010 was about 80with 50 PTs 20 OTs and a few Duals. Hope this helps. Again that number may have changed

were you dual then? i got invited as dual. do you think the competition is stiff? tips on the things they ask?

were you dual then? i got invited as dual. do you think the competition is stiff? tips on the things they ask?
I was a dual student. Great option if you ask me. Will be practicing both an able to renegotiate salary and benefits. Competition isn't as stiff as strictly PT however once accepted as a dual, the school won't let you switch to only PT because that's a sly trick that some students attempted to pull because the dual option isn't as competitive. They will however permit to switch to OT only.

Typical questions such as Why dual? What is the difference between the two fields? Practice answering that question b/ that will get asked. Why PT? Why OT? Why is professionalism important? How do you plan to maintain balance with the stresses of grad school and life? I suggest to stress professionalism because that is the foundation of the school. The curriculum is very demanding, stressful, breath taking,overwhelming, etc but you learn sooooo much and have the potential of becoming a pretty legit practitioner!! Persistence should be stressed as well. Please don't go in with an arrogant attitude but be confident in ur answers. It doesn't matter if you were a physical trainer all ur life, a PTA, COTA, etc, It doesn't increase your chance of getting in, it's all about how you present on that day. Good Luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know a couple dual students who switched to PT so it's clearly possible even it does seem dishonest.

I know a couple dual students who switched to PT so it's clearly possible even it does seem dishonest.
Well, it must have to do with availability of spots because they weren't allowing it when I were there. One of my co-duals tried and they declined her for that reason. Again not sure if it has anything to do with availability.

Bubwey,

looking through earlier post in this thread it appeared to have taken 1-2 weeks to find out acceptance for the Spring 2014 class. My bet would be by December 6th but that is purely speculation.

Oh wow! It's making me more nervous. So if that's the case, before christmas, i would know if i get accepted or not. Yeiks! Thanks Nick6570 for the info. =)

I was a dual student. Great option if you ask me. Will be practicing both an able to renegotiate salary and benefits. Competition isn't as stiff as strictly PT however once accepted as a dual, the school won't let you switch to only PT because that's a sly trick that some students attempted to pull because the dual option isn't as competitive. They will however permit to switch to OT only.

Typical questions such as Why dual? What is the difference between the two fields? Practice answering that question b/ that will get asked. Why PT? Why OT? Why is professionalism important? How do you plan to maintain balance with the stresses of grad school and life? I suggest to stress professionalism because that is the foundation of the school. The curriculum is very demanding, stressful, breath taking,overwhelming, etc but you learn sooooo much and have the potential of becoming a pretty legit practitioner!! Persistence should be stressed as well. Please don't go in with an arrogant attitude but be confident in ur answers. It doesn't matter if you were a physical trainer all ur life, a PTA, COTA, etc, It doesn't increase your chance of getting in, it's all about how you present on that day. Good Luck!!

I don't understand the dual issue. If you're taking dual that means PT and OT right? So why is the dual program not as competitive? Shouldn't it be the same, or even more, because you're learning whatever PT only students are learning plus OT?

Does anyone know if Nov 22nd is the only interview date for OT?

I don't understand the dual issue. If you're taking dual that means PT and OT right? So why is the dual program not as competitive? Shouldn't it be the same, or even more, because you're learning whatever PT only students are learning plus OT?
One would assume that, plus it's only 3.25 years, almost the same duration as getting PT only from another program. It is however an extra year at USA which means an extra 36k or so of tuition not including cost of living. I actually worked PRN OT while I completed my last year of PT school to help with expenses. Others don't think it's worth it (not sure why).

Thanks so much!! I don't plan to switch to just PT or OT. I have experience in both and love it. I can't wait to integrate knowledge and perspective from both fields into one.

One day left before interview!! Am i going to receive instructions before Nov22nd, where to go for the interview?

Did anyone get a call yet for summer admissions?

I interviewed at the St. Augustine campus and I have not heard anything yet. I have read on several other threads that people are expecting phone calls/emails by the end of this week but I am not sure about that. I am in the same boat as everyone else and definitely anxious to hear something.

Yeah hopefully we will be notified by Friday for summer! Thanksgiving has delayed everything I'm sure.

Ok, so good news is I have just been called off the wait list and have been accepted for the May 2014 class!! :)
Bad news I am a full time teacher therefore I enrolled in accelerated online courses. I was short one prerequisite upon applying which was Chemistry 2 however my Anatomy and Physiology grades were not the best. I enrolled in Chemistry 2 online at a University and they dropped the class because they said that they did not have enough students to run it for this term which was supposed to finish the end of April. When I did not get accepted after the second wait list notification I contacted the University that I was going to take Chem 2 at and ask them if they offered A&P 1 and that I would like to enroll in that in order to up my pre-req gpa (as advised by USA admissions department). So, I am currently taking A&P 1 and enrolled in Chem 2 for the summer (that way I know they will have enough to run the class). A&P 1 will finish in approximately 4 weeks. Chem 2 will finish approximately end of June. Because I am a current full time teacher I hate to leave my students with only one month to go in the school. My original was getting accepted and being able to resign after winter break however I got wait listed which put me in this scenario…Now that you know my story my question is will they let me reserve a spot for Fall guaranteed…or will I go back into a pool of applicants and may not get accepted at all for Fall?? Has anyone been in this similar scenario?

I'm excited and disappointed all over again lol…emotional frustrating roller coaster but its my own fault and I'll own up to that, guess I should of made better grades to begin with.

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted into St. Augustine for May 2014 PT School! And for those who are on the wait list, hang in there, it will definitely work out! I just finished my first semester at St. Augustine in Austin, TX. I used sdn quite often for advice and it help me considerable. I am simply here to to try to help others. I know going into graduate school can be quite intimidating, but it shouldn't be. Let me know if you have any questions, I would love to help out. I also have a few books available if anyone still needs to buy some. I can send you a list of what I have if you are interested.

Good luck !