University of St. Augustine Spring 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know someone who interviewed with the 2nd round for Austin? I never heard of them sending out the invites ;-/
The second interview day was September 16th

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted... my interview went well too...more waiting for me I guess:(
My stats are

Pre req: 3.74
Last 45: 3.6
Post bac: 3.96
Gre: 310 W 4.0
Observation hours: 200 - inpatient, outpatient

Which campus??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I am applying for december deadline for fall 2017 in San Marcos. This forum has been really helpful to me! I do have a few questions, if you all don't mind pitching in. Did any of you put references on your resume? Since we had to submit 2 LOR, i don't see why we need to put references on the resume. When you are inputting your prerequisites, were there classes that you were unsure of but decided to put them anyways? Do you think it would be fine to put several classes that you may think would be accepted if it only says 2 is required? I emailed my advisor, and she said to fill them out to the best of my abilities. If i were to put 3 bio classes (because i am unsure of whether it's accepted or not) would that hurt my application?
thanks in advance!

Hi all! I am applying for december deadline for fall 2017 in San Marcos. This forum has been really helpful to me! I do have a few questions, if you all don't mind pitching in. Did any of you put references on your resume? Since we had to submit 2 LOR, i don't see why we need to put references on the resume. When you are inputting your prerequisites, were there classes that you were unsure of but decided to put them anyways? Do you think it would be fine to put several classes that you may think would be accepted if it only says 2 is required? I emailed my advisor, and she said to fill them out to the best of my abilities. If i were to put 3 bio classes (because i am unsure of whether it's accepted or not) would that hurt my application?
thanks in advance!

1) No need to provide references on resume since you supplied Letters of Ref. already.
2) Try and input your pre-reqs as indicated - this will make decisions clear on the person who's eval'ing your file. If they do not accept a course, the advisor supporting you will call you and notify you, at least this was my case. I had indicated two previous courses, my Bio course wasn't accepted because it was an Intro course however 4 credits. It was bogus because there wasn't another bio 1 course offered at the college I took the pre-req at. I had a back up Kinesiology class which they accepted. Best cross that bridge IF/WHEN you come to it.

Best of luck!

I may have answered this in my other post, but please reach out to your school's advisors! I applied two months early for the Fall 2016 class and was in the same boat. I was wondering if they had received any of my materials because there was nothing listed next to my submissions. If your submissions are not shown as "submitted" or "accepted" and there is a blank next to the item, it means that they have NOT ACCEPTED it and that your application may not move forward until it's done! I say "may" because it seems like some people have received interviews with some materials missing; however, I would not risk it.

Oh! Also, even though I applied to San Marcos, they told me that GRE and transcripts should all be going to the St. Augustine address anyway since it was the main processing hub! I didn't know this and originally sent my first transcript to San Marcos and they never received it. I would confirm with your school if that's the case. It took about a month for them to process my new transcript and my GRE scores @_@ so definitely be on top of it!

HEY THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE INFO. So I'm starting there in spring 2017 and I wanted to see how you think the program is since you've been there now! I got a couple of people saying it's really HAD and difficult Bc it's accelerated and stuff and I don't know I can do it I'm so scared! Let me know how you think the program is

Hey quick question for you guys.

So I have been looking heavily into this school and I have been doing pretty well in terms of getting my Pre Reqs and overall GPA up. My last 45 wouldve been anywhere from a 3.5-3.8 but now I have a huge roadblock. I took a college algebra class that is a pre req for Physics at my college. It was an accelerated course that I fell majorly behind in, to the point that I am probably going to fail. This is due to the fact I have other classes that are true pre reqs I had to concern myself with (bio, chem and medical term) as well as having to work more than I wanted to because of some financial hardships. It sucks beacuse even if I take it over that F will count towards PTCAS as well as my last 45. A class that I did not think I would ever need, now is the one that may end up PT dream. such is life..

Anyone have an interview for the Austin campus 10/21??
I have an interview in Austin on 10/21. I applied for the summer semester.... I am starting to think I have an interview for the Spring Semester.

I have an interview in Austin on 10/21. I applied for the summer semester.... I am starting to think I have an interview for the Spring Semester.
Did you see my previous post about them wanting to move my application upto start in the spring? I originally wanted to do summer as well.

Did you see my previous post about them wanting to move my application upto start in the spring? I originally wanted to do summer as well.
I just scrolled up and found it. I was playing phone tag with Yvette, the Enrollment advisor for about a month. Like you, there was problems with my application. Like my official GRE scores, and the last 40 observation hours were not showing on her end. So I had to contact OTCAS, and had to wait for UST received my updated app. At one point when I did talk to Yvette, she asked if the application was for spring, and I just agreed. So I believe thats how that happened. I am worried, since most of the seats are filled. I was excited to apply to the summer, since I was told It was a little easier to get it. We need to remember that very often people are rolled over into the next cohort if they don't get in the cohort they applied for.

Members don't see this ad :)
HEY THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE INFO. So I'm starting there in spring 2017 and I wanted to see how you think the program is since you've been there now! I got a couple of people saying it's really HAD and difficult Bc it's accelerated and stuff and I don't know I can do it I'm so scared! Let me know how you think the program is

Hey there! I'm a month in to my first term here at USA - San Marcos, and I'm not going to lie - it's tough lol. Since it's accelerated, everything hits you at once and you don't ever have the whole weekend for yourself. We have 7 classes and every week, there's at least 1 test or quiz... This week and next week, I have 4 tests each :hungover: I will say that students who have had a rigorous science background for undergrad are faring a lot better than those who picked less rigorous majors. We have had 1 person already drop out of the program already because he could not keep up with the curriculum. That being said, I don't want to scare you at all. It's definitely do-able. I may not be the smartest student, but I study daily, still have time to make all my meals and work out, still have time to have one beer a week, and still have time to play some video games (few games of League of Legends) on the weekends and am managing straight A's. Also, this coming Spring term will have amendments to the curriculum, which may or may not affect courseload! I heard through the grapevine that anatomy (our most difficult class) may be all online for the lecture component, which in my opinion, will be incredibly difficult given that people are failing with it being in-person lectures. Again, I don't know all of your study habits and abilities, but I definitely wish everyone the best of luck in your applications and your professional career! :)

Reactions: 1 user
For current students in the USA program, do you think it's possible to work 20hrs a week and still be successful in the program? Reason i ask is because my job will help pay for school but i have work 20hrs weekly to be eligible for the tution program at my job.

Just recieved another email from Emily about staying on the St. Augustine waitlist, switching to the Miami waitlist, or FLEX DPT St. Augustine location... I'm currently on the waitlist for January 2017 St. Augustine campus and don't know what to do or where I'd have the best chances! Anyone have any advice?!

For current students in the USA program, do you think it's possible to work 20hrs a week and still be successful in the program? Reason i ask is because my job will help pay for school but i have work 20hrs weekly to be eligible for the tution program at my job.

It all depends on how you study. I know there is no way I could have done it, but I've never been able to be a successful student and work. I have classmates that aren't working but have kids and they say it's Def hard and you have manage your time well but it's possible. Also they are reformatting the program in January so I'm not really sure what the study load will be like.

If you were excepted into the st augustine location make sure you join the facebook page to find housing opportunities and meet your future class mates!

Anyone get their EXXAT invite yet?

Did anyone get in off the waitlist at San Marcos yet?

Hi all!

I have an interview coming up at the Austin campus on the 21st and I'm excited to go and see the school! Does anyone have any insight or tips on what to expect?

Has anyone from the September 16th 2nd round of interviews at the St Augustine campus heard anything back yet?

Just recieved another email from Emily about staying on the St. Augustine waitlist, switching to the Miami waitlist, or FLEX DPT St. Augustine location... I'm currently on the waitlist for January 2017 St. Augustine campus and don't know what to do or where I'd have the best chances! Anyone have any advice?!

I declined my acceptance so that should open up a spot on the waitlist for the florida campus starting in january

After being waitlisted for a month, I've been accepted to the St. Augustine campus!! Good luck to all those still waiting, there is hope!

Reactions: 4 users
After being waitlisted for a month, I've been accepted to the St. Augustine campus!! Good luck to all those still waiting, there is hope!

Congrats!!!! This waitlist thing is so stressful... but I'm trying my best to stay positive!

Last edited:

congrats! i remember your name for a while now on these forums. great to see some people not give up and finally get accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all!

I have an interview coming up at the Austin campus on the 21st and I'm excited to go and see the school! Does anyone have any insight or tips on what to expect?

I will be interviewed that day as well.

Hi everyone! Congrats to all those who have been accepted!

Here is the situation I'm in:

I am planning on applying for the Summer 2017 start term at the Austin Campus. I have everything in but they haven't posted one of my transcripts that I sent in 2 months ago - frustrating! The deadline is October 1st or 3rd. I have been talking with my USA advisor back and forth and she asked me if I would like to submit my application for the Spring 2017 start date since my app is almost complete and there are still spots open for this cohort. I haven't been able to speak with her on the phone about this yet. Has anyone else been offered this? I want to give myself the best chance but I don't know how many spots are still open or if this is even the best route to take. I guess it doesn't matter that the deadline for Spring 2017 already passed? Super conflicted!

Any advice would help. Thank you!

I was offered this too

Did anyone get in off the waitlist at San Marcos yet?

I share this question as well, I am on the waitlist and frantically wondering if I will get in. Granted we have plenty of time left for people to drop off... but this is so nerve racking!

Was their an essay portion in the interview?

I am waitlisted for st augustine campus. I emailed last week for information and all they said was "we will contact you directly with any changes". So the wait continues!

Hi all,
I just got accepted into St. Augustine San Marcos for their Spring 2017 OT program. Does anyone know if they will be starting a Facebook page?

Hey quick question for you guys.

So I have been looking heavily into this school and I have been doing pretty well in terms of getting my Pre Reqs and overall GPA up. My last 45 wouldve been anywhere from a 3.5-3.8 but now I have a huge roadblock. I took a college algebra class that is a pre req for Physics at my college. It was an accelerated course that I fell majorly behind in, to the point that I am probably going to fail. This is due to the fact I have other classes that are true pre reqs I had to concern myself with (bio, chem and medical term) as well as having to work more than I wanted to because of some financial hardships. It sucks beacuse even if I take it over that F will count towards PTCAS as well as my last 45. A class that I did not think I would ever need, now is the one that may end up PT dream. such is life..

Are you still able to withdraw from the class? I would take a W on my transcript versus an F, as that will indeed drop your last 45 hours as well as overall PTCAS GPA. I'm confused as to whether you're currently enrolled in the class and know you're going to get a failing grade, or already received a failing grade. I'm guessing you have to retake the class either way to take Physics. I would retake the math class, get the highest grade I can then finish the rest of my courses strong. Is it possible for you to take some extra elective classes? This could help your last 45 hours if you are able to do this. I personally took some online psychology and literature classes before I graduated specifically to raise my trend GPA. I also was taking science pre-reqs I really needed to focus on, so I specifically made sure to take easy A classes so they wouldn't add to my stress.

Also, what is your pre-requisite GPA for USA? A higher pre-req GPA could help offset a lower grade trend GPA. As well as a high GRE score and glowing references. Don't stress, it's not over yet! From lurking on the internet I saw someone who applied to USA and had a 2.8 grade trend gpa (I don't believe their website states a minimum for this GPA) and a higher pre-req GPA, I think around a 3.6-3.8. And they got in :) So if they can do it, you can too! I believe an F shouldn't drop your last 45 below a 3.0 (depending on your current GPA), so as long as you meet that mark you should be okay. But even if you don't meet the 3.0 mark remember that you still have a fighting chance.

Hopefully this helps you out!

Are you still able to withdraw from the class? I would take a W on my transcript versus an F, as that will indeed drop your last 45 hours as well as overall PTCAS GPA. I'm confused as to whether you're currently enrolled in the class and know you're going to get a failing grade, or already received a failing grade. I'm guessing you have to retake the class either way to take Physics. I would retake the math class, get the highest grade I can then finish the rest of my courses strong. Is it possible for you to take some extra elective classes? This could help your last 45 hours if you are able to do this. I personally took some online psychology and literature classes before I graduated specifically to raise my trend GPA. I also was taking science pre-reqs I really needed to focus on, so I specifically made sure to take easy A classes so they wouldn't add to my stress.

Also, what is your pre-requisite GPA for USA? A higher pre-req GPA could help offset a lower grade trend GPA. As well as a high GRE score and glowing references. Don't stress, it's not over yet! From lurking on the internet I saw someone who applied to USA and had a 2.8 grade trend gpa (I don't believe their website states a minimum for this GPA) and a higher pre-req GPA, I think around a 3.6-3.8. And they got in :) So if they can do it, you can too! I believe an F shouldn't drop your last 45 below a 3.0 (depending on your current GPA), so as long as you meet that mark you should be okay. But even if you don't meet the 3.0 mark remember that you still have a fighting chance.

Hopefully this helps you out!
Thanks dude I appreciate it! Yeah thats the only part that sucks is that since it was an accelerated, I missed the withdraw date so I just had to take an F. Good thing is I am currently retaking it and hopefully it does not hurt me that much. In terms of extra electives that is what I have pretty much have been doing, I have extra classes and everything else pretty much set up to this point. I just need to finish my pre reqs, take my GRE, and get a few more observation hours and off apply! Hopefully it all works out.

If you have a course in progress during the admission process, will admissions look at that grade or consider it even after the deadline? Thanks

Hello! I just got my acceptance from USA Austin campus for the OTD program. I am wondering if anyone has advice on that and also if anyone is in need of a roommate because I am coming from Houston and I need a place. Thank you!

Congrats on your acceptance to the OTD program in Austin! I am actually on the waitlist for the MOT program on the Florida campus and was presented with the option to move my application to the Austin campus for the MOT or the OTD program. If I choose to move it then I may be offered another interview there, but I would be losing my waitlist spot in Florida. If you do not mind, would you share your gpa and GRE scores? I am leaning toward moving my application but would like as much information as possible before making my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi everyone. I've been roaming this website for quite some time now. I am applying to the DPT program @ the FL campus. My question for now is does St Augustine look at your cGPA and pGPA as only (A,B,C) or do they accept (A+,A-,B+,B-)? Hope this makes sense.

Hi everyone. I've been roaming this website for quite some time now. I am applying to the DPT program @ the FL campus. My question for now is does St Augustine look at your cGPA and pGPA as only (A,B,C) or do they accept (A+,A-,B+,B-)? Hope this makes sense.

They view it with the +/- included in the calculation, so a B- isn't crunched as a flat B

I just got pulled off the waitlist and accepted into San Marcos!!! So excited!
Does anyone need roommates!?!

Wait how do you
Just submitted my application to the St. Augustine campus for Spring 2017 and I could not be more nervous! Supposedly the St. Augustine campus is the most competitive, so I'm praying my stats & application hold up. Fingers crossed, good luck to everyone!

Pre-req: 3.4
Cum: 3.45
Last 45: 3.7
GRE: 308 & 4.5 writing
Hours: 3200+ (outpatient ortho, outpatient peds, hospital, SNF)
How do you st. augustine dpt campus is more competitive

Wait how do you

How do you st. augustine dpt campus is more competitive

On another thread someone wrote that an advisor had said the St.Augustine campus is traditionally the most competitive (receiving most applications) because it is the oldest (and I guess more established) campus. I'm not sure if this is still true or has ever been completely true though. I would ask a current advisor.

I was just accepted into the MOT program at the Austin campus! Looking for roommates!

I was just accepted into the MOT program at the Austin campus! Looking for roommates!

Congrats! I am glad moving your application to a different campus worked out. From what I have seen from the FB group for this cohort, most people already have a place. There is a girl who has a friend who is renting rooms out of her house you can look into. I believe there may be a few acceptances from the 11/18 interviews. I am sure they will be hearing back this friday. So hopefully someone is looking for a roommate as well.

I found out this morning that I was waitlisted for the Austin campus for MOT Spring 2017! Frantically waiting to hear something soon since classes will be starting January 5!