University of St. Augustine Spring 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome - I just did, too! Can't wait to see everyone there!
May I ask what your stats are?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview invitation from St Augustine campus this morning

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask what your stats are?

Undergrad degree - B.S. Kinesiology (Kinesiotherapy)
Cumulative GPA: 3.43
GRE: 309 (157 verbal, 152 quantitative, 4.5 writing)
Observation hours: over 500 from 4 different PT's (2 were USA graduates)*
Prerequisite GPA: 3.16 (currently taking my last prerequisite class)

*My observational hours were in a variety of settings including long-term care units, transitional care units, dementia units, and various outpatient settings. In all of these environments, I was able to work as an independent, self-sufficient Kinesiotherapist, and I made sure to point all of this out in great detail in my Statement of Purpose.

I just got an interview for the St. Augustine campus for September the 8th! :)

So exciting! See y'all in Austin in a few weeks :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have a list of interview questions that might be asked?

These interview dates are pretty early. Does anyone have any idea long much time they give you to put down a deposit?

Does anyone have a list of interview questions that might be asked?

I had a conversation with a previous applicant who very kindly disclosed the questions he was asked during his group interview at USA:

1) What do you like most about PT?
2) What was a time where you juggled responsibilities in your life and cite an example.
3) What would you do if a student asked to copy your test or cheat? What would you do if you knew a student was attempting to cheat?
4) What was the best advice you've ever gotten and how did you apply it?
5) What was the biggest hurdle you've overcome?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
These interview dates are pretty early. Does anyone have any idea long much time they give you to put down a deposit?

Theyre actually really late....I looked at last years thread and they did the first interview August 7th

Theyre actually really late....I looked at last years thread and they did the first interview August 7th

Didn't they push up spring and summer application deadlines? I know at least for summer they did (used to be October)

Generally, I believe San Marcos sends out their invites later than the rest.
Oh really?? How do you know? Do you know when they will contact the Jan 2018 class? I'm shocked I still have heard nothing...

Hope to meet a couple of new faces for the DPT interview at Austin!
I'm a nervous wreck :0

Reactions: 1 users
Received invite for San Marcos for September 8th!

Congrats everyone on their interviews....Anyone hear anything about Miami yet? Its getting awfully close

You can apply to more than one campus at the same time?
Ok I should preface what I said so I don't end accidentally mislead people down the wrong path. In my conversation with advisor Sarah at the Miami campus, I asked is it possible to to have a back-up option in the case if my main choice (Miami campus) was rejected? To which she said along the lines of "we could put a note on your application that you can have the Austin campus as a secondary option if say you don't get accepted into the Miami campus". That was the response that I got from the conversation with my application advisor. Which led to me to that impression. but I guess i can contact her again to touch base

How did you hear about receiving an interview? Was it over the phone or email? I still haven't heard from St.Augustine.

Ok I should preface what I said so I don't end accidentally mislead people down the wrong path. In my conversation with advisor Sarah at the Miami campus, I asked is it possible to to have a back-up option in the case if my main choice (Miami campus) was rejected? To which she said along the lines of "we could put a note on your application that you can have the Austin campus as a secondary option if say you don't get accepted into the Miami campus". That was the response that I got from the conversation with my application advisor. Which led to me to that impression. but I guess i can contact her again to touch base

are you just now applying for the spring date? or are you applying for summer

are you just now applying for the spring date? or are you applying for summer
well so far im not quite done for the application so I need one more reference and to submit my personal letter. Also the way they made it seem as though its rolling admissions? Am I incorrect to believe this and if so, please correct me.

I received an interview on 9/8 at the San Marcos campus as well!

well so far im not quite done for the application so I need one more reference and to submit my personal letter. Also the way they made it seem as though its rolling admissions? Am I incorrect to believe this and if so, please correct me.

I believe it's a deadline but they still accept post deadline applicants until the spots are filled. I was just curious because if you're applying for the spring which starts in January than we may not be hearing back about interviews for a while

Any idea how many applicants the Austin campus has for Spring 2018? I am excited to meet everyone at the interview!!!

Has anyone heard back about interviews for Miami?

Hi all! I've been lurking around this forum for awhile now, hoping to hear when people heard from USA Miami campus.

I received an email this morning that I was offered a seat for an interview for the January 2018 class! Good luck to everyone!

On the USA DPT website, it states that they are still accepting applications for the Miami campus for Spring 2018. So maybe thats why its taking longer for miami? Also, usually I see more posts about interviews by this time. I wonder if they are just slow at interview decisions or people just are not posting as much.

Does anyone know the reason why admissions changed only the summer 2018 deadline August 15 (it was october 1st for the longest time)? Im just curious because usually they take a while to process applications. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi all! I've been lurking around this forum for awhile now, hoping to hear when people heard from USA Miami campus.

I received an email this morning that I was offered a seat for an interview for the January 2018 class! Good luck to everyone!

What date were you offered?

Recieved my interview this morning the Miami campus September 29th!! Excited to see everyone there!

Received an interview invitation for Miami campus on September 29th! :) Good luck all and excited to meet everyone.

Received an interview invitation for Miami campus on September 29th! :) Good luck all and excited to meet everyone.
AWESOME! Congratulations! Hope to see you out there on September 29th! Good luck to everyone else!

AWESOME! Congratulations! Hope to see you out there on September 29th! Good luck to everyone else!

Does anyone know if this is first round of interviews or if they are doing this as second round of interviews? It seems late to only be starting interviews at end of September

I recently was moved from the waitlist for fall 2017 at miami to the spring term 2018 pool, since I did not get off the waitlist. I hope this brings better news! good luck to everyone!

No word yet from the San Marcos campus. Chelsea Varga did say to hold on for further information but it seems like people already received an invitation.

I recently was moved from the waitlist for fall 2017 at miami to the spring term 2018 pool, since I did not get off the waitlist. I hope this brings better news! good luck to everyone!
May I ask what your stats were when applying fall 2017?