University of St. Augustine Spring 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted for San Marcos Spring Flex! Are there any Facebook groups out there for spring cohorts? And is any one looking for a roommate, looking to move a little closer to the school. Thanks in advance and good luck to those who are still waiting !

Congrats!
I’ve also been accepted to the flex program at San Marcos. I won’t be moving to the area and will be traveling instead, but if you know of any Facebook group for our cohort just send me a PM and I’d be glad to join

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm new to the thread and received my acceptance email today for Spring DPT Flex St. Augustine campus! I would like to meet any students in my class if anyone has made a FB page. Please reach out to me by messaging me on here.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted into Austin campus spring!
I don't know what to do first because it starts in 3 weeks.
Gosh what should I do first? I'm nervous and excited

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I totally understand your nervousness right now. I applied to Austin Flex Summer but yesterday was offered to start in the Spring at the Saint Augustine campus!

I totally understand your nervousness right now. I applied to Austin Flex Summer but yesterday was offered to start in the Spring at the Saint Augustine campus!
Well that's weird. I originally applied to St. Aug campus but they offered me the Austin seat yesterday. I would much rather attend Florida.

I'm new to the thread and received my acceptance email today for Spring DPT Flex St. Augustine campus! I would like to meet any students in my class if anyone has made a FB page. Please reach out to me by messaging me on here.
Hey have you heard from anyone about the facebook pages for st. augustine?

What state would you be traveling from? Or are you in Florida already?

What state would you be traveling from? Or are you in Florida already?
Luckily I live 35 minutes away from the St. Augustine campus. I currently am living in Jacksonville FL, right next to The University of North Florida. Where are you traveling from?

Luckily I live 35 minutes away from the St. Augustine campus. I currently am living in Jacksonville FL, right next to The University of North Florida. Where are you traveling from?
That’s great for you! I’m in Louisiana. This is the reason why I have reservations about starting in the Spring. Aside from extra travel, I don’t mind the offer.

That’s great for you! I’m in Louisiana. This is the reason why I have reservations about starting in the Spring. Aside from extra travel, I don’t mind the offer.
Yeah that is a bit of a hike for you. Are you going to just commute every other weekend?

Do your background check, finger prints, and drug test first. It could take some time to get your results, especially because of the holidays.

Wow! You basically have to up and move within 2 weeks!? What state are you currently in?
Yeah sadly. Everything is rushed right now. I gotta get my shots and heartsaver, supplies, books. Gosh too much to do .

Accepted for San Marcos Spring Flex! Are there any Facebook groups out there for spring cohorts? And is any one looking for a roommate, looking to move a little closer to the school. Thanks in advance and good luck to those who are still waiting !

I haven't found any facebook for the Flex San Marcos campus. Would love to be apart of one!!!

Accepted to Miami campus for Spring 2018!
What kind of questions were asked in the interview? I am interviewing Feb 16th for the September start at the Miami campus.

I was wondering how current residential students like the blended program. I didn't realize that the residential was blended until today and am unsure how to feel about paying a high amount of tuition for online classes?

Thanks

I was wondering how current residential students like the blended program. I didn't realize that the residential was blended until today and am unsure how to feel about paying a high amount of tuition for online classes?

Thanks

There are 7 classes. You have 6 on campus and 1 strictly online (sometimes meet on campus).
3 of those 6 classes is lab and 3 of them are just lecture.

those 6 classes also have an online portion of it being lecture too.

sounds confusing.

You have a day designated for online so you don't have classes that day.
There will be classes where you have absolutely "no time" for because the one class will hold you back is gross anatomy or pathophysiology.

The first trimester is about adjusting to grad school. Everything is overwhelming but PT school is not a joke. It's grad school.
You gotta decide which class is more important to focus on
I was hesitant because of the online courses but it is not all online only.

I know some people decide "going wherever accepts me."

I also know public schools is super competitive. Not to say that private school isn't. Each school has more than 1k applicants.. and about double for public. I know of people who took 3 years or more before they get into PT school because they only applied to public.

I'm not saying that you can't get in anywhere unless it is private. You just gotta lay out your pros and cons.
I applied to 13 schools.
Rejected at 2.
Accepted at 2.
Waitlisted at 6- after interview.
I turned down 3 interviews because I was already starting at USA.

Last edited:
There are 7 classes. You have 6 on campus and 1 strictly online (sometimes meet on campus).
3 of those 6 classes is lab and 3 of them are just lecture.

those 6 classes also have an online portion of it being lecture too.

sounds confusing.

You have a day designated for online so you don't have classes that day.
There will be classes where you have absolutely "no time" for because the one class will hold you back is gross anatomy or pathophysiology.

The first trimester is about adjusting to grad school. Everything is overwhelming but PT school is not a joke. It's grad school.
You gotta decide which class is more important to focus on
I was hesitant because of the online courses but it is not all online only.

I know some people decide "going wherever accepts me."

I also know public schools is super competitive. Not to say that private school isn't. Each school has more than 1k applicants.. and about double for public. I know of people who took 3 years or more before they get into PT school because they only applied to public.

I'm not saying that you can't get in anywhere unless it is private. You just gotta lay out your pros and cons.
I applied to 13 schools.
Rejected at 2.
Accepted at 2.
Waitlisted at 6- after interview.
I turned down 3 interviews because I was already starting at USA.

So far I have 2 interviews and 1 waitlist. I am still waiting to hear back from 6 schools.
I am hearing mixed reviews. I just have had a class where I had to do lecture on my own then come to class/lab and I didn't learn as well that way. I am unsure if this way of teaching is for me.