This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been watching the thread here and it has been very insightful! I applied at the San Marcos location for Fall 2019 and received my acceptance today!
woah you found out really quick?? Did you submit your application super early???

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, congrats on your acceptance!

I also applied for Fall 2019. But Chelsea had told me a month ago on the phone interview that they cant accept my separate lab units (I went to a quarter institution) so that I would need to retake. Worst comes to worst, I will need to retake it, but I'm trying to replace with another course. But she hasnt responded (makes me wonder if she would have responded if i had simply shown my intent to retake the course) and i'm getting anxious that i wont even get interviewed (i feel that im qualified enough to at least get an interview).

I had emailed her again and called her but no response. Do you have any suggestions for me?

I would say to retake the course unfortunately. I know I needed to take the Medical Terminology when I was first doing my application, and I asked her where would be the best way to take it. Maybe show interest in retaking the course?

Members don't see this ad :)
woah you found out really quick?? Did you submit your application super early???

I did not. I sent it the week before the deadline, and found out of an interview 4 days before the deadline ended.

When did you hear back about your interview? and did you submit your app pretty early?

I head about an interview 10/3, and had my interview 10/26. I got an email of acceptance 11/7.

Anyone accepted into the San Marcos location for summer term (may 2019) have any idea when they will be sending out drug screening stuff?? It says you need to complete all of it within 45 days of the acceptance email and I got mine on Nov. 2nd but they still haven't sent anything out. I'm wondering how this works. Thanks!!

still no official St Augustine Spring 2019 Flex Facebook page?

Does anyone know how long the drug test results take to post on castle branch ? When I went to Lab Corp I was told I might have to come back for a retest because my urine was to clear . But I haven’t heard from Lab Corp or see any update on castle branch.

Thanks

Does anyone know how long the drug test results take to post on castle branch ? When I went to Lab Corp I was told I might have to come back for a retest because my urine was to clear . But I haven’t heard from Lab Corp or see any update on castle branch.

Thanks
It actually only took like 2 days for me to get my drug test results. but the processing lab was only like a state over. unfortunately my fingerprint results have to be mailed to me so that's the last thing I'm waiting on. everything was processed pretty quickly

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! I'm actually submitting everything on Friday (for Miami)! I'm kind of in the same boat as you guys as far as GPA; My stats are as follows;

cGPA: 3.03
pGPA: 3.71
sGPA: 3.5
GRE: V - 163 Q -152 AWA - 4.5

Observation: about 800 hours in 3 different settings (Skilled Nursing Facility, Outpatient Clinic, Veteran's Administration Hospital)

I am sending my application with 2 pre-reqs courses pending -- A&P 2 and Kinesiology (advisor said that because my pre-reqs are almost done and look good (mostly A's and 1 C (freaking physics), that I should still be pretty competitive)..I am beyond nervous and excited at this point, and I'm hoping I'll be good to go for an interview at least.

I'm about 95% done with my personal statement, just trying to polish it as much as possible so that it communicates who I am rather than just another PT school candidate, I'm talking about how I was a personal trainer for 3 years (and how that made me love the anatomical sciences) how I tech'd for 7 months (part-time) and now I currently work for the Phoenix VA and I want to be a PT so I can help veterans.

I'd love to see how everyone progresses, and with any luck, we will all be classmates!

I know you posted this months ago but I'm also applying to St. Augustine and our stats are freaky similar. Like my verbal is 1 point off from yours but besides that our GRE is identical. And my overall GPA is a 3.02 but I have like a 3.75 for my prereq GPA. Seriously sooooo weird. Best of luck stats twin!

Is spring 2019 the January start date? Because that's what I'm applying for, just need 1 more recommendation in and finish my statement
LOL I applied for the Spring 2019 start date in October 2018. The advisor at St. Augustine told me to do it. My initial plan had been to apply for spring 2020. If they have spots it seems like they'll let people apply way past the deadline. They replied in November saying I have an interview for December 7th.

I have
Anyone accepted into the San Marcos location for summer term (may 2019) have any idea when they will be sending out drug screening stuff?? It says you need to complete all of it within 45 days of the acceptance email and I got mine on Nov. 2nd but they still haven't sent anything out. I'm wondering how this works. Thanks!!
my interview on the 30th

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they are still accepting applications for Summer/Fall 2019 term?

Does anyone know if they are still accepting applications for Summer/Fall 2019 term?
I think it depends on the campus, but I think they still should be because San Marcos was still looking to fill up summer last I heard. Not too sure about Fall.

Hey guys!

Just wanted to create a forum for those applying to USAHS for Spring 2019 (St. Augustine location)! I initially planned to apply for Fall 2018 but decided not to because my stats aren't competitive. My advisor (Juan) reached out last month & suggested that I apply for Spring 2019, so I'm currently working on my personal statement & taking post-bacc classes to increase my GPA.

Here are my stats:
cGPA: 3.0
prereqGPA: 3.0
GRE: 149V, 152Q, 4.0W
Hours: 185 (peds, neuro, ortho outpatient)

I honestly still feel like my chances are super slim, but it's better than not trying! Anyways, I'd love to hear how everyone is coming along in their applications!!
Hi! I applied for the Fall 2019 semester and I just received my acceptance. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I think it depends on the campus, but I think they still should be because San Marcos was still looking to fill up summer last I heard. Not too sure about Fall.
So i submitted my apps for San marcos back in late september and i received a pre-phone interview. I was told that they would not be able to forward my apps unless I show intent to retake one of the courses. She was very unresponsive and finally was able to reach her and i showed my intent to retake the course two weeks ago. Do you think there is still a chance for me to receive an interview??

So i submitted my apps for San marcos back in late september and i received a pre-phone interview. I was told that they would not be able to forward my apps unless I show intent to retake one of the courses. She was very unresponsive and finally was able to reach her and i showed my intent to retake the course two weeks ago. Do you think there is still a chance for me to receive an interview??
Yeah you should be good with fall. I have my interview in about two weeks but from past forums I’ve seen them have interviews in February for fall term. And if it’s the same thing with spring and summer, they’re going to try to fill spots waaaaaaay past the deadline. I only got the email about an interview last week and I submitted the day of the deadline and chelsea wasn’t able to push my app to admissions (bc she was busy doing summer and spring apps) until two days later.

Pretty sure. I was accepted for fall 2019 and was told I could go in Spring 2019 because there are still spots open

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone deferred acceptance to a later term? I got in to St. Augustine (Florida) for January 2019, but would like to defer to May 2019. Any advice on how to approach this with the school?

Hi! I received my acceptance into the DPT program to San Marcos this morning. I’ve requested to join the housing fb group. Will be looking for places to find roommates !:)

Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me the fb group for san marcos spring 2019 was? thank you!!

Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me the fb group for san marcos spring 2019 was? thank you!!
Hi! this is the housing page when you search it up. Its not letting me post the links .
USAHS Roommates San Marcos

and if youre starting in jan 2019 this is our class page with the search bar
University of St. Augustine, San Marcos DPT - Spring 2019, Teal Class

Has anyone deferred acceptance to a later term? I got in to St. Augustine (Florida) for January 2019, but would like to defer to May 2019. Any advice on how to approach this with the school?

Tell them that something is going on in your life that would make you very uncomfortable to start school in Jan. You can tell them the truth or make things up. Just if you make things up, make sure it's something they will not want to ask you to prove.

If you can avoid it I wouldn’t defer. It’s important you have a really good reason. My boss knew a girl who didn’t take her spot 3 years ago because her grandma and dog died in a month period and since then she’s never been able to get in again. Pt school is hard to get in. But if you have a good reason then hopefully they’ll work with you. Best of luck!!!!

Male USA Spring '19 Austin Texas looking for roommate to share 2 or 3 br duplex.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For any of my future classmates, (Flex-DPT, spring 2019-St. Augustine Campus) have any of you received any information regarding our book and equipment list? I see the first semester Fall 2018 book list on the MYUSA website but I'm not sure if these would be the same.

For any of my future classmates, (Flex-DPT, spring 2019-St. Augustine Campus) have any of you received any information regarding our book and equipment list? I see the first semester Fall 2018 book list on the MYUSA website but I'm not sure if these would be the same.
Haven’t received anything either!

I interviewed on Friday for a Jan 2019 start, they said we should know by this week asap. its gunna be crunch time!

Just wondering how long everyone's statement of purpose was? The website says a short statement of purpose but everybody's version of short is different lol

I interviewed last Friday, November 30th. I received an acceptance letter yesterday for the FALL 2019 start. Lit

I interviewed last Friday, November 30th. I received an acceptance letter yesterday for the FALL 2019 start. Lit

Congrats! I’m hoping they’ll be just as quick with decisions for people interviewing on the 13.

Just found out about my acceptance yesterday! Interview was last Friday Nov. 30th

San Marcos, I got put on the waitlist but was told I had the option of Austin or Miami if I wanted to

Does it depend on what number you get on the waitlist to get an open spot at a different location?

San Marcos, I got put on the waitlist but was told I had the option of Austin or Miami if I wanted to
Austin is a nice new facility, affordable area, located on the edge of Hill Country. Rent is $500-$800. Austin is pretty happening.

Austin is a nice new facility, affordable area, located on the edge of Hill Country. Rent is $500-$800. Austin is pretty happening.
Yeah, it's a nice option, just unsure of the move cause I've never lived outside California. I'm also finding it a bit difficult in finding potential roommates or budget friendly studio options. It's only a month away, so I gotta choose asap.

Yeah, it's a nice option, just unsure of the move cause I've never lived outside California. I'm also finding it a bit difficult in finding potential roommates or budget friendly studio options. It's only a month away, so I gotta choose asap.

I’m moving to Austin from CA. Don’t let that be a reason to not go! It’s always a great experience to live somewhere new!