This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A bit late, but if anyone needs a roommate for Miami's spring 2019 start date let me know

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone is looking for a roommate for the San Marcos fall 2019?

Is there a Facebook page for San Marcos MOT/PT Spring 2019 start? I just got accepted and I'm trying to find a roommate and everything!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone accepted for San Marcos Fall 2019? Got my email yesterday

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, guys.

I don't know where to ask this but, I hope someone can answer my question.
So I'm ready to apply for the next cycle and I was looking at st.augustine pre-req and noticed that they require medical terminology + psychology (life-span specifically). and I can't find any of local college around me that offers medical terminology class. so I'm not sure what to do actually.
and it seems like st. augustine wants 3 psychology total right? life-span and any other two?
because I have taken general psych, intro psych, abnormal psych already. and I did not take life-span psych though.

Hi, guys.

So I'm ready to apply for the next cycle and I was looking at st.augustine pre-req and noticed that they require medical terminology + psychology (life-span specifically). and I can't find any of local college around me that offers medical terminology class. so I'm not sure what to do actually.
and it seems like st. augustine wants 3 psychology total right? life-span and any other two?
because I have taken general psych, intro psych, abnormal psych already. and I did not take life-span psych though.

Yes you need life-span AND two other Psychs of your choice, I used Abnormal and Gen Psych.

Be careful w/ life-span and double check whatever class you submit actually meets the requirements. I had a class titled Developmental Wellness (upper division birth to death psych class) that was very similar and they wouldn’t take it so I found an online one to complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, guys.

Some community colleges offer an online medical terminology so that might work for you.

Also for your psychology courses, check with this prereq check list for USA.

TES : View

This is the link directly from the automatic reply of Chelsea's email. This will be helpful. & if you don't see your class that matches up with it, then you have to email [email protected] to see if your class qualifies.

Hi, guys.

I did med term and lifespan online through the university of Phoenix.

Was accepted but will be declining my spot
If you don’t mind me asking, what was the time frame you received your interview from when your application was forwarded for review? Also, do you mind sharing your stats? My application was forwarded roughly 3 weeks ago and still no response :/. Thank you so much!!

If you don’t mind me asking, what was the time frame you received your interview from when your application was forwarded for review? Also, do you mind sharing your stats? My application was forwarded roughly 3 weeks ago and still no response :/. Thank you so much!!
I submitted my application on 10/18, received interview invitation 11/7, interviewed 11/30, and received acceptance on 12/5.
cumulative gpa: 3.3
prereq gpa: 3.1
GRE V: 151 Q: 153 AWA: 4.5

Does anyone know if you can transfer to a different campus once accepted?

Hi, guys.

BYU Independent Study offers Med Term online: Nursing and Medical Terminology | BYU IS

I have a question about the drug test & fingerprint. Do they send you a drug test via mail? &&for the fingerprinting I have to just go find a place that does FBI paper cards?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if Sam Marcos is still inviting applicants for an interview for fall flex program? Idk if it’s just me but Chelsea is ridiculously slow at responding and I’m getting frustrated.

I have a question about the drug test & fingerprint. Do they send you a drug test via mail? &&for the fingerprinting I have to just go find a place that does FBI paper cards?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For the drug test, you have to go to a location that does drug tests for employers/schools (ex. LabCorps). For the fingerprinting, you have to go to a place that does those FBI fingerprint cards. I just searched "nearby fingerprinting services" and I called in advance to make sure they had the specific fingerprint forms we need. Then we have to mail the fingerprints to the provided address along with a form from Daon or CastleBranch. The FBI will send you the fingerprint results, which you will save and submit to USA through EXXAT.

For the drug test, you have to go to a location that does drug tests for employers/schools (ex. LabCorps). For the fingerprinting, you have to go to a place that does those FBI fingerprint cards. I just searched "nearby fingerprinting services" and I called in advance to make sure they had the specific fingerprint forms we need. Then we have to mail the fingerprints to the provided address along with a form from Daon or CastleBranch. The FBI will send you the fingerprint results, which you will save and submit to USA through EXXAT.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I was accepted to the Fall 2019 program at the St. Augustine campus and was wondering if anyone is starting to look for roommates/ knows anyone that needs a roommate!!

Hi, guys.

St. Augustine actually is partnered with PIMA Institute for medical terminology (and possibly life span psych) online courses. I took the medical terminology course to apply for their MOT program. If you go on the PIMA site it should have more information!

Does anyone know if Sam Marcos is still inviting applicants for an interview for fall flex program? Idk if it’s just me but Chelsea is ridiculously slow at responding and I’m getting frustrated.
She is definitely not on the quicker side, at least when I was applying.

She is definitely not on the quicker side, at least when I was applying.
Which term did you apply for? I’m starting to think this is a bad sign that she’s not giving me a call/email back, considering that it’s almost the end of January...

Hey guys, I have an interview on Feb 1st and I'm quite nervous. Can anyone give me some tips or advice on how the interview process usually go and what type of questions they will be asking?

Which term did you apply for? I’m starting to think this is a bad sign that she’s not giving me a call/email back, considering that it’s almost the end of January...
I applied for Fall 2018 and was accepted a day before classes started

Hey guys, I have an interview on Feb 1st and I'm quite nervous. Can anyone give me some tips or advice on how the interview process usually go and what type of questions they will be asking?

I'm on the same boat. Feb 1st... are you interviewing for the Miami campus?

I'm on the same boat. Feb 1st... are you interviewing for the Miami campus?
Congrats on the interview! Honestly they make it very relaxed and laid back. I interviewed with another prospective student who was applying for a different term than me which made it nice because it didn't feel like we were both competing for the same spot kind of thing. I was asked the typical why do you want to become a PT, what experience I had shadowing, what I did and didn't like from shadowing (what qualities did the PT I observed have that I did/didn't like), and what I would do if I wasn't accepted. I interviewed the first weekend in October and heard back exactly two weeks later! Hope this helps and good luck!

Does anyone know what happens if you do not turn in all of the non-negotiable forms (TB test, background check, etc.) before the 45 day period after acceptance?

Thinking too much about the perfect idea or phrases to say will only make it harder on yourself. You got this far for a reason, so let that be your guide as to how successful you have been. I also will be interviewing on the 1st of February and am sincerely grateful for this opportunity. I am going to be genuine, relay past experiences on my life, be open to many avenues physical therapy will provide for me and overall be open about my education and PT experiences. I hope this serves as to some insight and simply just allow yourself the opportunity to represent who you truly are.

For those accepted for Fall, did you receive any info for how/what to do for fingerprints/background tests/medical records yet? I was reading up on forms from the interview packet saying we had to get everything in within 45 days of getting the acceptance email, but when I looked at my acceptance email it says that we should expect emails on these next steps? I'm so confused...

For those accepted for Fall, did you receive any info for how/what to do for fingerprints/background tests/medical records yet? I was reading up on forms from the interview packet saying we had to get everything in within 45 days of getting the acceptance email, but when I looked at my acceptance email it says that we should expect emails on these next steps? I'm so confused...
I wondered the same thing so I called admissions and apparently we won’t receive anything until roughly April/May. And once they send those emails out the 45 day period starts, so relax for now (just make sure you have your Immunizations up to date).

I wondered the same thing so I called admissions and apparently we won’t receive anything until roughly April/May. And once they send those emails out the 45 day period starts, so relax for now (just make sure you have your Immunizations up to date).
Heard pretty much the same thing from Chelsea via email, are y’all confirmed for Fall 2019? Hopefully a FB page gets started in the future.

Heard pretty much the same thing from Chelsea via email, are y’all confirmed for Fall 2019? Hopefully a FB page gets started in the future.
Yes for Austin campus, how about you? There is a FB page for Austin but not specifically for the fall cohort.

Okay cool! Thank you. I was seriously so worried because it's been a month since I got my acceptance email and still have a bunch of things to do.

Yeah I'm set for the San Marcos location. I already paid for my deposit. Did we have to do anything else for it???

If I have a 3.25 pGPA but have 2C's in physics will that hurt my acceptance chances. I am applying to the flex DPT for fall 2019.

If I have a 3.25 pGPA but have 2C's in physics will that hurt my acceptance chances. I am applying to the flex DPT for fall 2019.

you should definitely give the full time a chance. i applied with a 3.25 pGPA and a minimum GRE score and got accepted for the summer program. don't lose hope!

Hi, guys.

So if you haven't taken medical terminology St. Augustine has you take this online course with them prior to your start date. It's not a big deal. With the lifespan class I would call them and hear what they have to say. I know you can apply with a class missing. They are a really relaxed school in general so I don't think it would hurt your chances.

I was missing exercise physiology for a couple of my other schools and couldn't find it in my local area. I found out the MGH IHP, in Boston, had a version online. They may have lifespan and development psych. Or I'm sure another school has an online version that you could whip out. Best of luck!

Hey whats up guys? After years and years on this forum I am finally ready to apply, just a quick question

So I was going to apply to the Fall Flex Program for the St Augustine Campus. The only thing hurting me would be my overall GPA which is pretty low to be perfectly honest.

I saw something online that the Prereq grades were the main ones being calculated? If that was the case and the application was looked at holistically, i feel as if I have a much better shot. I would have a 3.5 pGPA when I apply. This is with over 1000 hours of observational hours, a decent gre (153 153 4.0), decent reference letters, a couple of fitness internships as well as some leadership roles.

Would all of this you think would offset a low overall GPA? I realize that there is not much I can do in that regards so holistically, I made my application as solid as possible.