This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I live extremely close to campus so I think it will be fine and I was retaking 2 classes anyway, but ya the first couple days will be a shock for sure I think. I'm ready though!
Best of luck and glad you live close to campus!!! Lead the way for all of us

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
Im starting the flex DPT program at San Marcos campus Spring 2019! Anyone else?

Hey guys,
Im starting the flex DPT program at San Marcos campus Spring 2019! Anyone else?
I submitted my application but I am still waiting to hear back. How long did it take from the time to submitted your app to the time you were notified of an interview to getting accepted?

I submitted my application but I am still waiting to hear back. How long did it take from the time to submitted your app to the time you were notified of an interview to getting accepted?
Took them 1 day to respond to my notification

Sorry for another question, I emailed admissions but I thought I’d ask here too in case someone else has been in the same situation. I’m scheduled to start in January but would they let me change to the May start date? I think it would be better for me to start then instead because it would give me more time to get some things together

Well I was actually accepted to the Fall 2018 start but due to some problems with my transcripts I was deferred to the Spring start but to answer your question, from when I submitted my app it was about 3 months to hear back for an interview and after my interview it was about two weeks for them to notify I had been accepted.

I was planning to apply for the flex semester in like a month but I had a few setbacks along the way..with that said

if I applied earlier November, would it even be worth it at that point, or should I just wait until the Summer semester next year?

I was planning to apply for the flex semester in like a month but I had a few setbacks along the way..with that said

if I applied earlier November, would it even be worth it at that point, or should I just wait until the Summer semester next year?
I applied like 1.5 months before the term started and got in (even though I got pulled from the waitlist because it was already full when I interviewed) so might as well try

Does anyone know how many spots are still available for Austin TX spring 2019 cohort? I have an interview on 9/21 and I’m worried a lot of the spots may have already been taken!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m not sure! I wonder how the percentage goes of people they accept per interview versus who they reject

I found out I was accepted for the Summer 2019 Flex Austin Start date yesterday!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I found out I was accepted for the Summer 2019 Flex Austin Start date yesterday!

Hey congrats man, thats awesome news!
I applied like 1.5 months before the term started and got in (even though I got pulled from the waitlist because it was already full when I interviewed) so might as well try

Yo man how are classes going so far? Studying every waking hour of the day or what?

Hi guys!

I applied to the Miami DPT program for Summer 2019! Still waiting to hear back. Super excited. Has anyone heard about interviews for that cohort yet? Hoping my stats are competitive!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey congrats man, thats awesome news!

Yo man how are classes going so far? Studying every waking hour of the day or what?
It's going good so far, I started off super behind everyone and I am still kind of confused on things but I just try and do 4-5 hours at least every day and doing some admin stuff for the school. Liking it overall so far, I'm just suddenly alot poorer haha

It's going good so far, I started off super behind everyone and I am still kind of confused on things but I just try and do 4-5 hours at least every day and doing some admin stuff for the school. Liking it overall so far, I'm just suddenly alot poorer haha
Glad you're adjusting and catching up quickly to the rest of the class. You're just commuting from home correct?

Glad you're adjusting and catching up quickly to the rest of the class. You're just commuting from home correct?
Yes, I live less than 20 minutes from campus luckily. I don't go every day, probably every other day so far.

Hey guys! Has anyone gotten that email about starting paperwork? I had trouble getting the email about opening an account and paying the deposit (they said the email sent, even though I never received it) so I'm worried the same thing will happen to me with these next few emails.

Hey guys! Has anyone gotten that email about starting paperwork? I had trouble getting the email about opening an account and paying the deposit (they said the email sent, even though I never received it) so I'm worried the same thing will happen to me with these next few emails.
No I haven't received anything yet

Congrats on the acceptance! Just out of curiosity, do you feel like studying 4-5 hours per day gives you enough time for material retention? Fortunately, my employer is going to work with my schedule to allow me to work as much as possible during the program; I was thinking that 5.5-6 hours of studying per day would a minimum but 4-5 hours a day sounds easily do-able without changing too much of my current schedule.

Congrats on the acceptance! Just out of curiosity, do you feel like studying 4-5 hours per day gives you enough time for material retention? Fortunately, my employer is going to work with my schedule to allow me to work as much as possible during the program; I was thinking that 5.5-6 hours of studying per day would a minimum but 4-5 hours a day sounds easily do-able without changing too much of my current schedule.
I would say probably more than enough at least for me, but I am one of those people that looks it over 1 or 2 times and can recall a large amount of it. I usually study like 5 days a week so far and I feel that I am on a good pace.

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone that has been accepted so far!! :) I got accepted to St. Augustine for spring too! I was wondering has anyone started looking for housing or know if there is an fb group?

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone that has been accepted so far!! :) I got accepted to St. Augustine for spring too! I was wondering has anyone started looking for housing or know if there is an fb group?
Congrats!!! We've been waiting on them to send all the enrollment information and the last necessary steps. I haven't heard of a fb group yet but we should definitely look into one. I too will be looking for housing and people willing to split a house/apartment to keep the cost of living cheaper lol

I would say probably more than enough at least for me, but I am one of those people that looks it over 1 or 2 times and can recall a large amount of it. I usually study like 5 days a week so far and I feel that I am on a good pace.
That's awesome. Thanks again for the insight!

I also am going to be looking for housing / roommates to save money. I’m going to the Austin campus in the spring for OT. I’m flying down in November to look for a place! They have the list of housing on the my USA website when you login

I also am going to be looking for housing / roommates to save money. I’m going to the Austin campus in the spring for OT. I’m flying down in November to look for a place! They have the list of housing on the my USA website when you login
Where did you see the housing on the USA website after logging in?

Nevermind, I found it!!!

Congrats fellow classmate!! I've been checking FB frequently for a Spring 2019 page, but right now I'm just joined the "USAHS Housing/Roomates - St. Augustine, FL Campus" group. Right now, they're mainly posting about selling textbooks to people who just started in Fall!

Thank you so much for mentioning the housing list!! I didn't even think of looking on their website until I read your post just now!

hah i hear you on the "lot poorer" part. That's good though your able to adjust to the schedule that quickly

Hey in case you didn't see this, if you just go into your MYUSA, student accounting, and my account balances, you can enter the 500 there, at which point you'll get an email giving you your USA email info

Have Spring 2019 students started their drug test/ background screening process yet?

Have Spring 2019 students started their drug test/ background screening process yet?
No, haven't gotten the information from the school yet. I was gonna call monday to get an update

No, haven't gotten the information from the school yet. I was gonna call monday to get an update
Whew, I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I thought surely I would have received an email with that information by now.

Hey everyone! Just had an interview this past weekend for the St. Augustine campus. Anybody know how long it takes till we hear a decision?

Hey everyone! Just had an interview this past weekend for the St. Augustine campus. Anybody know how long it takes till we hear a decision?
I got my response within 7 days. Which term are you applying for?

I paid for the drug screening exam but am waiting to start it because Im not sure if its too early to start the whole process yet.

How many people on here are attending St. Augustine Spring 2019 Term? Might as well start to get to know everyone and begin networking with everyone else

Reactions: 5 users
MBPB, since you have started already have you went through the drug screen process? I was wondering how the process was/what kind of test. I take some prescription meds that can sometimes show up as positives. Did they ask you if you were on any medications? I'm thinking of bringing the bottles to show them?

MBPB, since you have started already have you went through the drug screen process? I was wondering how the process was/what kind of test. I take some prescription meds that can sometimes show up as positives. Did they ask you if you were on any medications? I'm thinking of bringing the bottles to show them?
I just did mine the other day, it’s oxy + 12 I think. Pretty much all the major drugs you can think of. They didn’t ask me but ya I’d bring them along! They use Labcorp to do the testing

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far! Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees get accepted?

I just did mine the other day, it’s oxy + 12 I think. Pretty much all the major drugs you can think of. They didn’t ask me but ya I’d bring them along! They use Labcorp to do the testing
Okay and just a typical urine test? I'll definitely bring them and let them know :)