This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted to San Marcos location! Anyone know if there is a Facebook group yet? Want to start looking into housing options

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I am looking for a roommate for the Austin campus. I’m an OT student starting in January, unfortunately the OT forum on here doesn’t have many people in it. Let me know if anyone is interested, thanks!

They require both PTCAS application and USA supplemental application. It is two separate steps and two separate application forms.

Thanks, wrapping up my statement letter and I'll send them off

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted to San Marcos location! Anyone know if there is a Facebook group yet? Want to start looking into housing options
Congratulations! When did you interview by the way? I interviewed on 09/28/2018, and I know it has only been a week, but I’ve been super anxious to hear back!

Congratulations! When did you interview by the way? I interviewed on 09/28/2018, and I know it has only been a week, but I’ve been super anxious to hear back!

Thank you!! I interviewed that day too! I hope you hear back soon. It’d be awesome to be classmates.

Follow this page on Facebook for housing options! USAHS Housing/Roommates – San Marcos, CA Campus

Just got my denial
Incredibly bummed out right now

Hang tough.. it takes on average 2 to 3 cycles to get accepted. I got rejected from FIU after being waitlisted this cycle. Just retake some courses that you got Bs in.. maybe improve your gre.. and try to get as many shadowing hours in as many different pt settings as you can. You’ll get accepted somewhere forsure.

For those attending St. Augustine Campus Spring 2019 term (PT or OT), I just had a second year reach out to me about a place for rent. It's a 2 bed / 2 bath in the Villa of San Marco with a $1300 deposit and $1300 rent per month total. If anyone would be interested in being a roommate. Let me know. (Move in December 2018)

Hi! I received my acceptance into the DPT program to San Marcos this morning. I’ve requested to join the housing fb group. Will be looking for places to find roommates !:)

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone created a page for Miami Spring 2019! Im attempting to find housing and oh boy Miami is expensive!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, just a question, are we supposed to submit the application through PTCAS or on the website itself. I recall reading that we were to fill out the actual website one, but then again IT IS ON PTCAS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, just a question, are we supposed to submit the application through PTCAS or on the website itself. I recall reading that we were to fill out the actual website one, but then again IT IS ON PTCAS?

Website application is for their regular 2.7 year program and the PTCAS application is for their flex 4 year program

Website application is for their regular 2.7 year program and the PTCAS application is for their flex 4 year program

What if your letters of rec are all on PTCAS? The cas app I selected was residential?! I’m so confused

What if your letters of rec are all on PTCAS? The cas app I selected was residential?! I’m so confused

Haha no worries yeah it’s a whole nother process. The letters of Rec on the residential application is actually different. They’re actual questions for whoever is writing it for you (my physical therapist showed me the questions) and they are short paragraph responses. So you have to send them a link to it.

Hello! Congrats on getting accepted ! :) I requested the housing page on facebook but I haven't been accepted by the group administrator yet. Have you heard of other housing options?

Do we get an official acceptance letter in the mail? I got the email but wasn't sure if they would send something in the mail too.

Hello! Congrats on getting accepted ! :) I requested the housing page on facebook but I haven't been accepted by the group administrator yet. Have you heard of other housing options?
Hey congrats to you too! And no they haven’t accepted me into the group either . That’s the only group I know of for housing so far, but I’ll let you know if I find another option.

Follow this page on Facebook for housing options! USAHS Housing/Roommates – San Marcos, CA Campus
Hey I tried to join this group, but I still haven’t received a confirmation from the Facebook admin. Do you know of any other options?

Hey congrats to you too! And no they haven’t accepted me into the group either . That’s the only group I know of for housing so far, but I’ll let you know if I find another option.
Thank you!! I’ll keep my eye out for one too. Maybe in the second email we receive will have more information

Besides @QueenSugar14 has anyone else received the information for the next steps? I'm thinking about emailing an advisor today and asking about it.

Besides @QueenSugar14 has anyone else received the information for the next steps? I'm thinking about emailing an advisor today and asking about it.
All I received was a "congrats" email, then a receipt for my $500 deposit. That's it. (Spring '19)

Update: Got an email from my Student Success Advisor and in the email was a link to the Facebook Class page.

All I received was a "congrats" email, then a receipt for my $500 deposit. That's it. (Spring '19)
I just got an email back from my advisor kim and she said that if I hadn't received an email by October 22nd to inquire again.

Is anyone else spazzing and checking their email every thirty minutes to determine the next steps (drug screen etc.) for admission, or is that just me?

Reactions: 5 users
Yes..! They’re taking so long

They are getting the previous semesters filled first... haven’t started sorting through fall apps yet.

I was told by admissions that they were tryin to fill up the others at the moment.

Does anyone know how big the class/cohort sizes at San Marcos are?

I guess I must have missed the Spring 2019 wave. The only options left are Summer 2019 and Fall 2019. Was wondering if there was a difference in size between summer and fall cohorts?

Hey guys check out the url on this page.. it’ll bring you to the USA background checks

Attachments

• 7DD0824C-C155-4AF5-AC93-6CFF19F5EA40.png
    7DD0824C-C155-4AF5-AC93-6CFF19F5EA40.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 93
Hey guys check out the url on this page.. it’ll bring you to the USA background checks

I found that too, but my advisor said to still wait till I receive an email to complete the background/drug screen.

Just got my acceptance to San Marcos campus for Spring 2019 guys !

Reactions: 4 users
I found that too, but my advisor said to still wait till I receive an email to complete the background/drug screen.

Ya I don’t know.. I’m sure there’s a good reason for it. I emailed Sabrina Capps tho and she sent me this..

Attachments

• 2005107C-D65D-4E38-874E-6C123B869BA6.png
    2005107C-D65D-4E38-874E-6C123B869BA6.png
    299.6 KB · Views: 92
Lol I think I remeber you, I believe we interviewed together hahaha congrats to us! We got to keep each other posted on the next process
Omg thats funny lol well I got an email for My USA Today for the deposit but nothing more about a drug screen yet or class Facebook page

Got my update email about next steps (St Augustine Spring 2019 campus)! It was more specific to forms I needed to complete and where to send them. But it did state "Clinical Education forms need to be started immediately" too. Aka drug tests, etc. But I think it says another follow-up email will outline that more.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how big the class/cohort sizes at San Marcos are?

I guess I must have missed the Spring 2019 wave. The only options left are Summer 2019 and Fall 2019. Was wondering if there was a difference in size between summer and fall cohorts?

I just took the campus tour on Friday and I think I remember her saying it was around 55-65 per campus site, can't exactly remember though. Still, it's a big group.

Just submitted my application for Fall 2019, but while taking the tour at San Marcos this past Friday, they said I still may be considered to start earlier for Spring/Summer 2019.

Sounds like they're still rounding out the final applications.

Just submitted my application for Fall 2019, but while taking the tour at San Marcos this past Friday, they said I still may be considered to start earlier for Spring/Summer 2019.

Sounds like they're still rounding out the final applications.

Thanks for letting me know! I am going to go ahead and submit for Fall today too. It'd be awesome if there was a quick turn around for Spring though. Did you have to let them know you were interested in starting earlier or are they just going to randomly pull people?

Just got my acceptance to San Marcos campus for Spring 2019 guys !
Yo Congrats! Hey did you interview with Dr. PB by any chance and did you sit in the very front during the info. session?