University of St. Augustine Summer 2011 Acceptances???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crippeng2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, just waiting to hear back from USA! Had interviews November 19th... Looking to see if anyone else who interviewed has heard back or for people to post on here when they do! Good Luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

The December deadline is approaching quickly and getting another teacher reference will be tough during finals week if we have a week to reapply if we get rejected.

I hope we find out soon!!!!!!!

I got accepted to the San Marcos campus :)
If anyone else got accepted to the San Marcos campus and is for sure going please message me! I'd love to meet my new classmates.

I'm SO excited, just waiting for my packet to come!! Our interview was Nov 15, so hopefully you guys hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I am pretty sure if we get rejected that you just tell them you want to reapply for the next term and you don't have to turn anything else in, you are automatically set up as an applicant- all you would have to do again is the interview if you are chosen! At least we know for SURE that they will tell us by this Friday!

I had an interview November 19th as well. I am still waiting on a response.

Well good, it eases my mind that neither of you along with several other applicants have heard back! I just can't believe it will be THIS week sometime.. I really wish they would just go ahead and get it over with haha! Please post as soon as you hear and I will do the same! GOOD LUCK!

I also JUST got my call from Dian! Admitted to the U.S.A. DPT program statying May 2011! Such a great feeling and HUGE relief. I was beginning to get worried and stressed due to all the waiting, but now I am SO HAPPY! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear, stop worrying and relax because you guys will all be fine! :D

AH!!! Haha, now I am so worried because I haven't gotten a call yet!! :/

Do you think they are doing it alphabetically or what? Haha you guys I am so worried nowwww! What do ya'lls last names begin with?!

Has anyone heard back regarding the OT program?

I just received an acceptance call @ 4PM EST informing me that I will begin in May 2011. Being that the late afternoon had arrived, I thought today would be yet again another day gone by without a phone call. Thankfully, Diane delivered the GREAT news to me. The beginning of my last name is towards the very end of the alphabet so not sure in what order they are placing the calls in.

I am also OT applicant waiting to hear back from USA Florida...no word yet. Any other OT's out there hear back??

Members don't see this ad :)
I REALLY hope they make more calls tomorrow... The other person I know of that got accepted got called at 4 and he has a W last name, mine is C so lets hope it isn't alphabetical :/

I REALLY hope they make more calls tomorrow... The other person I know of that got accepted got called at 4 and he has a W last name, mine is C so lets hope it isn't alphabetical :/

Don't worry. I doubt Dian could make all 65 phone calls in one day to all the accepted people for PT and OT. She's probably spread it out over a few days. :)

Thank you for your positivity! So she is the only one making calls? I thought there were a few people but I could be wrong...I know that they will probably make more calls tomorrow but until then I just have this horrible bad feeling! Haha I need to calm down & try to go to bed! Haha

Crippeng2, I don't know positively that she's the only one making the calls, but that was the impression I that I got when I was there. A friend of mine said that the applicants at the San Diego campus were notified over a four day period. So far, I know of myself and two other people who haven't received any notification yet. I know it's hard not to stress, but it sounds like you're really beating yourself up. Just stay positive :) I'm sure you'll get a call

I know, I know! Haha, I really am and need to stop! I am sure they take several days to make all of the phone calls. Thanks again for helping to ease my mind, I am glad to know of others who also have not heard, good luck to you all also!

crippeng2, even if you don't get the call, continue to work on your application stats!
I got rejected the first time and they listed things I needed to work on. The next time I applied, I got in and boy was it extra special... I cried! Don't give up on your goals/dreams.

Yeah this IS my second time around, I improved everything they told me to plus more...I just hope they are making more calls today! Haha
crippeng2, even if you don't get the call, continue to work on your application stats!
I got rejected the first time and they listed things I needed to work on. The next time I applied, I got in and boy was it extra special... I cried! Don't give up on your goals/dreams.

Erika Forrest in Admissions said that they have not made all the decisions or phone calls yet and if we don't hear anything by Friday then we should call them... so I guess that is a good thing for those of us still wondering!

Hey all,
I just gave up my seat for May 2011 because I was accepted in state. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you!

I just got a call from Erika informing me on my acceptance into the OT program at USA for May 2011. Good Luck to everyone!!

Got the call 1030a EST. I got in May 2011 MOT sooooo haaaaapppy! YES!! :soexcited:Good luck to everyone! It's not over yet!!

Well I was just informed I am waitlisted no. 10... very discouraged and upset and don't know what to think :confused:

Well I was just informed I am waitlisted no. 10... very discouraged and upset and don't know what to think :confused:

I believe that if u are on the waiting list you are accepted to the following term if you don't get into the term you want.. I have still not heard anything from the university yet. So nerve wrecking. I have email Dian n Nikki but have not heard anything from them. I live in St Augustine n everytime I see the 904 area code it's killing me. Will good luck n hopefully you'll make the pick.

chimichanga

Last edited:
May 2011 San Marcos Campus acceptance

last name begins with C, got notified 1:11pm november 23rd!!! got rejected last year, so this is even more gratifying! still awaiting packet, so I'm hoping they got the right person and I wasn't just dreaming!

Best of luck to all who are still waiting to hear back! in the meantime, who else is in the may 2011 class?!

Would those of you who were accepted/waitlisted for Summer 2011 mind sharing your stats (GPAs and GRE scores) - either post or send me a message? I'm hoping to apply later for Spring or Summer 2012. I'm pretty nervous about applying (as I'm sure we all are), but would just like to see where I stand.

Thank you so much!

JT

Would those of you who were accepted/waitlisted for Summer 2011 mind sharing your stats (GPAs and GRE scores) - either post or send me a message? I'm hoping to apply later for Spring or Summer 2012. I'm pretty nervous about applying (as I'm sure we all are), but would just like to see where I stand.

Thank you so much!

JT

Hi HopetobePT,

I was accepted for the May 2011 class in San Marcos. Just wanted to share my stats with you.. :)

Overall GPA: 3.4
Pre-req GPA: 3.3
GRE: 960, 4.0AW (That was my 3rd time taking it..)

My GRE wasn't that stellar but I think I wrote great essays & did well during my interview. Hope this helps! :)

Thank you so much!

JT

Hey! I was accepted into the May 2011 SM class (DPT) as well.
My GRE was even lower 930 (also my 3rd time) but I had 3.5ish GPA/pre-reqs. Since you have time I would try to volunteer/work as an aide and gain as much experience as possible.
DO NOT torture yourself by attempting to compare your stats with everyone (I was freaking out about my GRE score) especially at USA, but other schools too- just to give you an idea I also was offered interviews at loma linda, midwestern, AT Still, that's all I've heard from so far, but USA was my number one. you can always PM me if you have any other questions! but really.. do NOT freak yourself out with everyone else's stats, I did, and I got in.

Finally after four week of waiting, I finally got a call from USA...I got accepted to the dual program for May 2011. C u guyz there!!

Finally after four week of waiting, I finally got a call from USA...I got accepted to the dual program for May 2011. C u guyz there!!
Congrats!! San Marcos or St. Augustine campus?? If you're at San Marcos, can't wait to meet you!

for anyone accepted into the San Marcos campus for May 2011, we created a group. Search "University of St. Augustine San Marcos May 2011" on fb. It's so we can get to know each other better before May. There's like 5 of us so far!

Has anyone created a FB group for University of St. Augustine May 2011?

For anyone accepted into the St. Augustine campus for May 2011, we created a group. Search "University of St. Augustine (St. Augustine) May 2011" on fb!

For anyone accepted into the St. Augustine campus for May 2011, we created a group. Search "University of St. Augustine (St. Augustine) May 2011" on fb!

I was just wondering if that Facebook page is still up? I searched for it but didn't find anything.

Thank you!

Hi everyone, I got into the dual degree program for summer 2011 in San Marcos. See you guys there! Let me know if anyone needs anything or has questions.

i just got invited for an interview on feb 26 with USA...can anyone that has already been through the interview process tell me what to prepare for? topics, issues, etc??
thanks alot, i really want to get in!

Hi everyone, I got into the dual degree program for summer 2011 in San Marcos. See you guys there! Let me know if anyone needs anything or has questions.

Hey! I got into the Summer 2011 Dual Degree Program also. Are you in the San Diego area? We should meet up if you are.

i just got invited for an interview on feb 26 with USA...can anyone that has already been through the interview process tell me what to prepare for? topics, issues, etc??

I also was invited to the USA, San Marcos interview on Feb 26. I guess I will see you there. Good Luck to you.

After 3 months of being on "hold" for an outstanding pre-req I just got my acceptance call to San Marcos for may 2011!! So excited!!!

Congrats!! I am still 8th on the alternate list. I am supposed to hear a number update tomorrow but not getting my hopes too high... Anyone else dealing with the alternate list process or anyone who has been through it who hasn't already responded to my other posts I would love to hear about your experience! I keep hearing so many different stories from people who have been on the wait list!

Also, I am planning on moving down to St. Augustine area in mid April. Hopefully by then I will have a tech position lined up until I can gain admission to USA. I am looking for a roommate, I figure this thread would be best to search because it would be ideal to be able to live with a serious student who is going through the program at USA. Any females searching for a roommate send me a private message! Thanks!

Sallyc- I got an invitation for Feb 26 @ San Marcos as well. I'll be flying all the way across the country to interview so I am definitely a bundle of nerves and excitement! :)
From previous posts, I've gathered that they are huge on professionalism. As far as topics, there is a wealth of info on APTA's website. You can't read all the PDF files, but you can at least see the titles and do the reading elsewhere. I also know that 2-3 students at a time interview together with the interviewers.
Have you spoke with anyone who has interviewed recently and was able to tell you some of the questions they asked? I'm hoping not to get a ridiculous essay question...
Good Luck!

I got accepted to the San Marcos campus :)
If anyone else got accepted to the San Marcos campus and is for sure going please message me! I'd love to meet my new classmates.

I'm SO excited, just waiting for my packet to come!! Our interview was Nov 15, so hopefully you guys hear back soon!

Congratulations,
i currently go to USA in san marcos, make sure to review anatomy as that will be your toughest class in your first semester. also be aware of the loan situation as well.