University of St. Augustine Summer 2014 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT20144

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interested to hear if anyone has heard any word on interview dates, or when decisions would be made of who will be granted an interview. At this point my portal states my application is under review by the admissions committee.

Members don't see this ad.

i applied last year for summer of '13 and everyone started hearing around end of october or november whether they have an interview or are not accepted.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm sure you remember being nervous about possibly being accepted/rejected. I seem to be checking my portal at least fifty times per day. Hope things are going well for you.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
glad to see a thread has been created for those of us waiting.

My LORs were sent but only one of them is confirmed.

We need additional information before your application file is ready for review. Please click on "Application Requirements" to review your missing documents.

Has anyone gone to the Information sessions in Austin? I went to one recently and found Admissions to be very helpful.

i just checked my email from last year and the interviews were planned for November 30th...so hopefully that helps as far as giving a ball park estimate of what to expect

i applied last year for summer of '13 and everyone started hearing around end of october or november whether they have an interview or are not accepted.

Are you applying again? Did you interview last year? Just very interested in hearing from someone who has gone through the process. This is my third time applying for PT school and I'm super anxious/ nervous.

Unfortunately, my gre was too low to get an invitation for an interview last year..and yea I'm applying again

Unfortunately, my gre was too low to get an invitation for an interview last year..and yea I'm applying again
Was your combined score below 294? Does Admissions combine the qualitative, quantitative, AND written or just qualitative and quantitative?

I have a question regarding CA St. Augustine campus. What is the best way to communicate with admissions??? Do you guys call them? Could you give me the phone number that you use? I emailed them twice and 2 weeks later received a reply from an admission assistant. She forwarded my email to someone who "will be able to help" me... I would appreciate if someone could suggest a better way to communicate with them. THANKS!

I think they consider your written score as well. I was waitlisted for January and now have been rolled into the May applicant pool :/ Good luck everyone!

Interested to hear if anyone has heard any word on interview dates, or when decisions would be made of who will be granted an interview. At this point my portal states my application is under review by the admissions committee.

I just applied for the summer 2014 program as well for FL. I submitted everything by oct. 1st but stuff that was sent through the email is still processing and it's freaking me out a bit. Is all your paperwork processed?? I believe we won't hear about the interview till early November and the interview will be at the end of November. So I guess we will just anxiously await the decision.......:eek::whistle:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they consider your written score as well. I was waitlisted for January and now have been rolled into the May applicant pool :/ Good luck everyone!

They unfortunately do not consider your writing portion of the GRE :(

That's awesome that USA rolls you into the next pool. When they waitlisted you, did they tell you what you could improve on? What campus are you applying for? I haven't met anybody applying for Austin Summer enrollment so I am trying to contact people.

Was your combined score below 294? Does Admissions combine the qualitative, quantitative, AND written or just qualitative and quantitative?

My old GRE score was a 970 which translated to a 293 i think..i just remember i was 1 point away and Steve Jones said that is what I needed to improve, now my new GRE is a 308 so hopefully that is enough to get me an interview.

Yeah it definitely is nice that they roll you into the next applicant pool. I applied to Florida as my first choice. Unfortunately they didn't really tell me anything to work on. After I found out there was no more room in the Jan class I emailed them asking if there was anything I could work on and they just said to do well in the remaining prereqs I'm still taking. I already interviewed so I'm really crossing my fingers for May admissions. Good luck! :)

I truly believe we will start hearing some news by the end of this week. People have to make arrangements to fly in to the campuses to interview. Good luck to everyone.

I truly believe we will start hearing some news by the end of this week. People have to make arrangements to fly in to the campuses to interview. Good luck to everyone.

uhhhh dont hold your breath on that one...I'm almost positive they'll start sending out emails the last week of October if not the first week of November and interviews will take place around Thanksgiving...but in this case I'm hoping you're right :)

does anyone know when the news about the interviews will come out?!

Good question! I check my USA account about 800 times a day, roughly +pissed+:scared:

I've been checking mine a ton too. Is it down for anyone else right now or is my internet being a selective jerk?

edit: It's back up. I was really hoping it was down because they were updating our status but mine still says 'under review' so I guess not :(

Last edited:
Mine still says under review as well! So frustrating! Does anyone know how many applicants the Florida campus receives for summer admissions?

mine also says under review. no idea. what are you guys applying for? PT or dual?

Interviews for the summer 2014 class should be on either November 22nd or December 6th.

Yes, but when do they post that they would like to interview you? I really hope I get an interview. :confused:

And I applied for the DPT program in the FL campus for summer. I've heard they are going to post it around the end of this month but it's approaching and I'm hoping it'll be soon. I'm so nervous!

Cortnydpt what are your stats? I'm getting nervous too

Cortneydpt what are your stats? I'm getting nervous too

BSE Exercise Science & Heath Promotion
Last 45 GPA: 3.8
Prereq gpa: 3.3 ( I know, I know, stupid chemistry)
GRE: 303 (150 V 153 Q) 4.5 AW
550 hours (outpatient, inpatient, nursing)

Anticipation is killing me! :scared:

you will know if you got an interview the first weekish of november!

Just got an invitation to interview..(entry DPT)

METOO! i just got the email from steve for dual degree on the 22nd!

Last edited:
Me three! Entry DPT, San Marcos campus for the 22nd. I'm beyond excited

UHGGGGHHH! I got an interview for the San Marcos, CA campus, but I live in St Augustine FL. I really wanted one in the FL campus. Why would they send me there? :/ I can't help but be depressed but I shouldn't be because I did get an interview but it's kind of far away. :/ I had my heart set on the FL campus. Is there anything I can do anyone can think of? :cry:

I checked off the FL campus, but they offered me one in San Marcos. Quite a difference. :/

Got an interview invite today for the Florida campus on the 22nd! Finally!

Got an interview for the 22nd as well! Can't wait to see you guys there :)

Cortneydpt: did they give a reason why they offered you San Marcos?

UHGGGGHHH! I got an interview for the San Marcos, CA campus, but I live in St Augustine FL. I really wanted one in the FL campus. Why would they send me there? :/ I can't help but be depressed but I shouldn't be because I did get an interview but it's kind of far away. :/ I had my heart set on the FL campus. Is there anything I can do anyone can think of? :cry:

Palm Coast is right down the street. I would call the admissions office and see if they can change the site of your interview. I think they made a mistake.

Kevin

They did not say why, but they did say they were unable to offer a FL interview. I think it may be because I applied late so they gave my app to the caifornia site. I will call Monday for sureyto see if there's anything I can do.

Hello everyone, just wanted to say congrats on the interviews. I received an email that I will be interviewing on the 22nd as well for the dpt program at fl campus.

I got an interview for the dual degree in San Marcos, CA campus as well. Congrats to everyone.

Same thing happened to me. :(

Same thing happened to me!! I was so upset at first because I applied to the FL campus and got offered an interview to San Marcos (I live in Savannah, GA) I really don't think there's much we can do :( I'm just thankful I got an interview!

Same thing happened to me!! I was so upset at first because I applied to the FL campus and got offered an interview to San Marcos (I live in Savannah, GA) I really don't think there's much we can do :( I'm just thankful I got an interview!

I know I should be too but I live so close to the FL campus that this is really inconvenient. I would have to move and its very expensive there. :/ I'm not sure what to do.

Last edited: