University of St. Augustine Summer 2014 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations! Was this your first time applying?

Thank You!! It was first time for St. Augustine.

Members don't see this ad.

Made it in to the summer class of 2014!! Wondering how many people made it in, Facebook group??

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got into OT! I feel so bad for everyone wait listed or rejected though :( I truly hope everything works out for those of you

Congrats! May i ask what your GRE score was? Was this your first time applying?

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted and good luck to those who was put on the waiting list!
Can you, guys, post your stats please (both those who got accepted and those who did not)?

I got into FL campus. See you all in the summer. Congrats to everyone else.

Reactions: 1 users
Who all is wait listed for St. Augustine Campus Fl. DPT program? I was put on the wait list.
Wonder how many wait list people actually get in...and how do they go about selecting individuals off the wait list.

Who all is wait listed for St. Augustine Campus Fl. DPT program? I was put on the wait list.
Wonder how many wait list people actually get in...and how do they go about selecting individuals off the wait list.

I am on the st augustine campus wait list and from what was posted I think at least one other person

I don't think anyone ever finds out exactly how many are on the list, and I can only assume that once you are on the wait list we are ranked by stats, so as people deny their acceptance they begin selecting.

I know Kevin has posted about this before, if you want to add any other details I might have missed.

My status has also not changed from "post interview waitlist". I was first wait listed for the January class. I know the waitlist is for all three campuses. Maybe Austin is still an option for us since no one seems to have heard from Austin?

Congrats! May i ask what your GRE score was? Was this your first time applying?
thank you! my GRE was low 293 out of their recommended 294 (this is for OT..) and yes my first time applying. I think my gpa and such were okay but i think my diversity with hours and my ability to write my autobiography and personal statement won them over moreso:rolleyes:

My status has also not changed from "post interview waitlist". I was first wait listed for the January class. I know the waitlist is for all three campuses. Maybe Austin is still an option for us since no one seems to have heard from Austin?
I am in the same boat as you. I guess this means we are waitlisted yet again? ughhhhh.

Members don't see this ad :)
still nothing from USA Austin? after seeing all the portal updates via FL and CA, i've refreshed mine about a zillion times.

Reactions: 1 user
I know Kevin has posted about this before, if you want to add any other details I might have missed.

I myself am not sure how the wait list works. Quite a few people get accepted off the wait list so you definitely have a chance. For you, it's a cruel waiting game.

Kevin

I myself am not sure how the wait list works. Quite a few people get accepted off the wait list so you definitely have a chance. For you, it's a cruel waiting game.

Kevin

Yeah I wasn't sure if you had any new insight, I know there have been quite a few post regarding USA wait list but no one really seems to know. My concern is getting rolled over to the Fall applicant pool because I know it is much more competitive.

Made it in to the summer class of 2014!! Wondering how many people made it in, Facebook group??
There is a Facebook group already created for the San Marcos campus, search for University of St. Augustine San Marcos May 2014

There is a Facebook group already created for the San Marcos campus, search for University of St. Augustine San Marcos May 2014
I keep searching for it and it's not coming up, can you post a link please?

Does anyone know how many were admitted for OT?

i believe 25 spots. me and 2 other people in the OT forum i know of on here got accepted.

Thanks cammmiam. Got another question, do you know how many got invited for interview for OT?

"I look up to the sky
and now the World is mine
I've known it all my life
I made it, I made it!
I used to dream about, the life I'm living now
I know that there's no doubt.
I made it, I made it!"
Congratulations to all!! Just want to share that my portal also states I'm accepted to DPT San Marcos Summer 2014!!! Woot woot!!! :soexcited: Best wishes to all still waiting on your programs.... just keep striving towards it. Keep your eye on the prize!! ;)And remember, "Don't ever let any one tell you, you ain't beautiful" :)

Hopefully we will hear from the Austin campus by this week. The suspense is killing me.

Just got an email from Steve Jones saying I am on the post-interview waitlist for the Florida campus. He said in his email that MOST students on the waitlist will be accepted. Is this true?? If so that's got to be good news!

Just got an email from Steve Jones saying I am on the post-interview waitlist for the Florida campus. He said in his email that MOST students on the waitlist will be accepted. Is this true?? If so that's got to be good news!

Just got the same email and saw that he put MOST, I cant imagine them having more then 10 people on a wait-list per campus. I too am on the wait-list for the Florida campus. I have also heard of people being
accepted weeks before the semester starts so as kevin stated before its now a "cruel waiting game".

I'm officially wait listed yet again :( I was wait listed for January and rolled over for summer but I am wait listed again now. Ugh very frustrating, but hoping for the best. Good luck to those also on the wait list and congrats to those accepted!

I'm officially wait listed yet again :( I was wait listed for January and rolled over for summer but I am wait listed again now. Ugh very frustrating, but hoping for the best. Good luck to those also on the wait list and congrats to those accepted!

Dang I am sorry :/, I cant imagine all of that waiting. Are you looking to retake any classes or anything to improve. I ask because I have been contemplating signing for a few classes in the event I get wait-listed again or rejected and have
reapply in June.

dptdance and nick6570 hopefully we will all get in this time! If you don't mind, do yall care posting your stats? I would think there would be no more than ten total people on the waitlist. Fingers Crossed!

sure, I know my stats are a little lower so I knew it would be close if I got accepted or not. I am very fortunate I still have the chance to be accepted

RE-APPLICANT

cGPA: ~3.3
pGPA: 3.4, (just finished a pre-req retake should be 3.5 now)
GRE: 152,152,4.0
Hours: ~2000 Outpaitent, 50 Sub Acute, 50 Acute/Hospital

:( me too. Maybe they don't like people like us with dance backgrounds. JK

I'm still waiting to hear back from UTHSC in Memphis, MUSC, FGCU, and Hampton. How about everyone else?

I just received the same letter saying most would be accepted. I am wondering if there are two different waiting list and maybe post interview wait list is the people they call first. Very confusing, especially when I am not trying to get my hopes up anymore than I already have the past few weeks.

My stats were
Pre req gpa : 3.38
Cum GPA : 3.77
GRE : Not required for me because I have a master's in education with a concentration in health and physical education.
Volunteer hours: 1,000

Nope. I just called them asking when classes start - if the calendar online is right and they start May 7, I have to defer to Fall.

Are you going to go through the admissions process again or are you guaranteed a spot in Fall?

Are you going to go through the admissions process again or are you guaranteed a spot in Fall?
Based on previous threads, it looks like you can defer and have a guaranteed seat but that's definitely something I intend to ask about.

I'm wait listed too and cautiously optimistic about the wording in the letter. When you were wait listed in January did your email say the same thing?

I'm wait listed too and cautiously optimistic about the wording in the letter. When you were wait listed in January did your email say the same thing?
yeah the letter said the exact same thing and then eventually i found out the january class was full :(
my stats are: prereq GPA: 3.1, last 60 hours: 3.45, 100 volunteer hours, took most of my prereqs at community college after graduating with a degree in psychology and public health, and i currently work full time at a medical device company specializing in spinal products. i really hope we all get in off the waitlist!

dptdance and nick6570 hopefully we will all get in this time! If you don't mind, do yall care posting your stats? I would think there would be no more than ten total people on the waitlist. Fingers Crossed!
i forgot my GRE in the above post which was 1170 (old version) and 5.0 writing. last time i emailed them asking what i could do to improve and all they said was "continue doing well in my prereqs" (i'm finishing up two this semester)