University of St. Augustine Summer 2014 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything on the second round of applicants as far as being pulled off the wait list? I was notified in late January that I continued to stay on the wait list. I know statistically the odds are not in my favor at this point but I keep thinking "hey anything can happen" the letter stated once again they anticipate individuals like me to get in..once again I feel the wording is kind of misleading. It also stated I would hear something at the beginning of March. Just wondering if anyone has hear anything or is in my same position.

Members don't see this ad.

I had originally put my deposit in at USA San Marcos and just withdrew last week. So someone will be notified soon! But just as someone above me said, don't get discouraged yet, there are still a lot of people moving around as schools go down there wait lists....Good luck! :)

Ok, so good news is I have just been called off the wait list and have been accepted for the May 2014 class!! :)
Bad news I am a full time teacher therefore I enrolled in accelerated online courses. I was short one prerequisite upon applying which was Chemistry 2 however my Anatomy and Physiology grades were not the best. I enrolled in Chemistry 2 online at a University and they dropped the class because they said that they did not have enough students to run it for this term which was supposed to finish the end of April. When I did not get accepted after the second wait list notification I contacted the University that I was going to take Chem 2 at and ask them if they offered A&P 1 and that I would like to enroll in that in order to up my pre-req gpa (as advised by USA admissions department). So, I am currently taking A&P 1 and enrolled in Chem 2 for the summer (that way I know they will have enough to run the class). A&P 1 will finish in approximately 4 weeks. Chem 2 will finish approximately end of June. Because I am a current full time teacher I hate to leave my students with only one month to go in the school. My original was getting accepted and being able to resign after winter break however I got wait listed which put me in this scenario…Now that you know my story my question is will they let me reserve a spot for Fall guaranteed…or will I go back into a pool of applicants and may not get accepted at all for Fall?? Has anyone been in this similar scenario?

I'm excited and disappointed all over again lol…emotional frustrating roller coaster but its my own fault and I'll own up to that, guess I should of made better grades to begin with.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email today saying there were a few spots open up and if I have all my prereqs done by may 6 and can start by may 7 then to respond. Is this the same email you got?

Ok, so good news is I have just been called off the wait list and have been accepted for the May 2014 class!! :)
Bad news I am a full time teacher therefore I enrolled in accelerated online courses. I was short one prerequisite upon applying which was Chemistry 2 however my Anatomy and Physiology grades were not the best. I enrolled in Chemistry 2 online at a University and they dropped the class because they said that they did not have enough students to run it for this term which was supposed to finish the end of April. When I did not get accepted after the second wait list notification I contacted the University that I was going to take Chem 2 at and ask them if they offered A&P 1 and that I would like to enroll in that in order to up my pre-req gpa (as advised by USA admissions department). So, I am currently taking A&P 1 and enrolled in Chem 2 for the summer (that way I know they will have enough to run the class). A&P 1 will finish in approximately 4 weeks. Chem 2 will finish approximately end of June. Because I am a current full time teacher I hate to leave my students with only one month to go in the school. My original was getting accepted and being able to resign after winter break however I got wait listed which put me in this scenario…Now that you know my story my question is will they let me reserve a spot for Fall guaranteed…or will I go back into a pool of applicants and may not get accepted at all for Fall?? Has anyone been in this similar scenario?

I'm excited and disappointed all over again lol…emotional frustrating roller coaster but its my own fault and I'll own up to that, guess I should of made better grades to begin with.
Not 100% sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but if you're asking if you can defer to the Fall and have a seat in that class instead, the answer is no. I was accepted outright into the Summer cohort but my classes here don't end until late May, so I asked to defer. I got thrown back into the applicant pool for the Fall cohort and am now on the waitlist for it.

Edit: I spoke with them on the phone yesterday, they offered me a spot in the May cohort again, forgetting why I asked to defer. Said they still can't give me a seat in the Fall class though and that I have to wait and see if I get one when they send updates in mid April.

Last edited:
Not 100% sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but if you're asking if you can defer to the Fall and have a seat in that class instead, the answer is no. I was accepted outright into the Summer cohort but my classes here don't end until late May, so I asked to defer. I got thrown back into the applicant pool for the Fall cohort and am now on the waitlist for it.

Edit: I spoke with them on the phone yesterday, they offered me a spot in the May cohort again, forgetting why I asked to defer. Said they still can't give me a seat in the Fall class though and that I have to wait and see if I get one when they send updates in mid April.
You answered my question perfectly! Thank you but that kind of sucks for us :(
Even if my pre reqs would have worked out like I had planned waiting this late to know you are off waitlist is hard to swing...I've been trying to rent my house and it hasn't rented plus finding housing and applying for financial would seem to be a beast to get done in this short amount of time.

They told me the same thing as far as being thrown back in with the fall class. May I ask what it says on your candidate admissions tab on the my usa portal?

They told me the same thing as far as being thrown back in with the fall class. May I ask what it says on your candidate admissions tab on the my usa portal?
"You are on our post-interview waitlist." It's said this since I requested to be deferred (so before they even offered interviews for fall applicants). I never got a notification email that I was on the waitlist for the fall semseter, I have a feeling they actually forgot to review my application and just left my status as is...

"You are on our post-interview waitlist." It's said this since I requested to be deferred (so before they even offered interviews for fall applicants). I never got a notification email that I was on the waitlist for the fall semseter, I have a feeling they actually forgot to review my application and just left my status as is...
hmm interesting cause I got an email from erika saying that I was still being considered for fall. Yet my status says "You have interviewed and the admissions committee is making a decision on your file." All these emails and status posts seem to be confusing with the way they word these things.

I got an email today saying there were a few spots open up and if I have all my prereqs done by may 6 and can start by may 7 then to respond. Is this the same email you got?

I got the same email... I responded and said I will be able to start may 7... by does this mean im accepted? My portal says "you have interviewed and the board is making a decision " or something along those lines. What does this mean?!

I just checked my portal and it says I have been accepted!

Reactions: 1 user
I received the same e-mail last Friday and immediately replied. I still haven't got an e-mail nor an updated portal. Does anyone think this means I didn't get in or what? My portal still says "You have interviewed and the Admissions Committee is examining your application or whatever." I'm nervous guys, help! And congrats to all that got accepted!

I am in the same boat as you dpatrick91. I got the email thinking it was an acceptance email and replied and haven't heard anything back yet by email or my portal.

Let me know if you hear anything npgdpt. I think I am going to call them tomorrow.

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted into St. Augustine for May 2014 PT School! And for those who are on the wait list, hang in there, it will definitely work out! I just finished my first semester at St. Augustine in Austin, TX. I used sdn quite often for advice and it help me considerable. I am simply here to to try to help others. I know going into graduate school can be quite intimidating, but it shouldn't be. Let me know if you have any questions, I would love to help out. I also have a few books available if anyone still needs to buy some. I can send you a list of what I have if you are interested.
Good luck !

For those in San Marcos campus, how are your living arrangements?? Where and How much monthly??And how are you guys funding everything?? Thanks in advance!

I am starting the DPT program at the San Marcos campus this fall. Anyone know what textbooks are used in the Massage and soft tissue palpation class? Thank you!