University of St. Augustine Summer 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you apply for pt or ot?
I applied for PT...my status still says being reviewed by admissions committee. The website was updated this morning with a red banner saying they are experiencing an email problem, I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied for PT...my status still says being reviewed by admissions committee. The website was updated this morning with a red banner saying they are experiencing an email problem, I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?

You must be getting an email then. My status hasn't changed, but I don't see a red banner notification about email problems

You must be getting an email then. My status hasn't changed, but I don't see a red banner notification about email problems

I keep refreshing my email every time I pick up my phone haha i'm hoping my email is on its way!! the red banner disappeared from the site now. Did you get your email?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I keep refreshing my email every time I pick up my phone haha i'm hoping my email is on its way!! the red banner disappeared from the site now. Did you get your email?

No, I have not received an email either I freaked out because I didn't see the notification My status has not changed either. Make sure that you check your spam folder, a lot of people had that problem. I am at work until 8:30 EST tonight and I don't get great service. You think you can keep me updated on here? I'm checking as often as I can, but I don't want my battery to die.

No, I have not received an email either I freaked out because I didn't see the notification My status has not changed either. Make sure that you check your spam folder, a lot of people had that problem. I am at work until 8:30 EST tonight and I don't get great service. You think you can keep me updated on here? I'm checking as often as I can, but I don't want my battery to die.

Definitely!! I'll let you know when mine comes through because hopefully that will mean yours has too. (And i'll be checking spam folder as well.)

Definitely!! I'll let you know when mine comes through because hopefully that will mean yours has too. (And i'll be checking spam folder as well.)

Thank you so much! I'm trying to check every 45 minutes to an hour. I'm expecting a major letdown here. It is a bit ridiculous. I checked just now. No email or status change. 1:04 PM EST

Did you apply for pt or ot?

b45, Do you remember what the time stamp on your interview email was? I know you got your email on Saturday. I didn't know if it was earlier in the day or not. I'm just freaking out here. My status hasn't changed and there is a confirmed interview on Friday.

Thank you so much! I'm trying to check every 45 minutes to an hour. I'm expecting a major letdown here. It is a bit ridiculous. I checked just now. No email or status change. 1:04 PM EST
Hey I still haven't heard anything. ive been checking every hour now.

b45, Do you remember what the time stamp on your interview email was? I know you got your email on Saturday. I didn't know if it was earlier in the day or not. I'm just freaking out here. My status hasn't changed and there is a confirmed interview on Friday.
The time stamp on my email says 4:05 EST. I would check your portal too since their email is down.

Reactions: 1 users
The time stamp on my email says 4:05 EST. I would check your portal too since their email is down.

Okay, thanks! I noticed that my status changed around 4 PM EST on January 9th to what it is now, so maybe 4 is a common thing for their updates. At least that is what I will go with.

And thanks for the update soccerwlc16!

Better explanation: On January 9 (when the first DPT interview people received their emails) my status changed from "your transcript is being reviewed" to what it is now, "your application is under review by our Admissions Committee". Hasn't changed since obviously

Last edited:
Okay, thanks! I noticed that my status changed around 4 PM EST on January 9th to what it is now, so maybe 4 is a common thing for their updates. At least that is what I will go with.

And thanks for the update soccerwlc16!

Better explanation: On January 9 (when the first DPT interview people received their emails) my status changed from "your transcript is being reviewed" to what it is now, "your application is under review by our Admissions Committee". Hasn't changed since obviously

Well we are getting close to 4 so fingers crossed!!! Mine has said the under review thing for a while but I graduated from undergrad in December so they were waiting for final transcripts and all of that.

Well we are getting close to 4 so fingers crossed!!! Mine has said the under review thing for a while but I graduated from undergrad in December so they were waiting for final transcripts and all of that.

I still have nothing on my end. This is all insane. A mass email letting everyone know the timeline would be great. It would still drive me crazy and make me just as nervous, but at least I would know something is coming or not coming.

I still have nothing on my end. This is all insane. A mass email letting everyone know the timeline would be great. It would still drive me crazy and make me just as nervous, but at least I would know something is coming or not coming.

Nothing on my end either. This is extremely frustrating. I live in Jacksonville, just north of St Augustine (not sure where you're from) so if I don't hear anything I'll be making that drive Monday morning to try and get some answers. I'm annoyed. You're right, the least they could do is mass email with an updated timeline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing on my end either. This is extremely frustrating. I live in Jacksonville, just north of St Augustine (not sure where you're from) so if I don't hear anything I'll be making that drive Monday morning to try and get some answers. I'm annoyed. You're right, the least they could do is mass email with an updated timeline.

I live in Columbia, SC so I am very familiar with Jacksonville. I have very much thought about driving down there if I didn't work everyday. I have to have work off if I have this interview, and although the physical therapy company that I work for is understanding of my situation, I don't want to be rude and ask off 4 days prior. There are too many people in the dark about all this.

I live in Columbia, SC so I am very familiar with Jacksonville. I have very much thought about driving down there if I didn't work everyday. I have to have work off if I have this interview, and although the physical therapy company that I work for is understanding of my situation, I don't want to be rude and ask off 4 days prior. There are too many people in the dark about all this.

Oh nice! Not too far at all. But, yeah way too many people in the dark! I'm lucky in the sense that I'm a personal trainer and as of right now I don't have clients on Monday morning or Friday. My problem is I have been trying to contact them about pre-reqs because I ran into a problem and now the interview date (if I get one) is right around the corner. I'll just have to do more waiting and see what happens I guess.

Oh nice! Not too far at all. But, yeah way too many people in the dark! I'm lucky in the sense that I'm a personal trainer and as of right now I don't have clients on Monday morning or Friday. My problem is I have been trying to contact them about pre-reqs because I ran into a problem and now the interview date (if I get one) is right around the corner. I'll just have to do more waiting and see what happens I guess.

Well I hope we do hear something. As I've told my friends and family, at this point I just want to hear something. Even if it's a rejection.

I'll continue to keep you and everyone else who might be reading updated on my end.

Well I hope we do hear something. As I've told my friends and family, at this point I just want to hear something. Even if it's a rejection.

I'll continue to keep you and everyone else who might be reading updated on my end.

CHECK YOUR EMAIL!! mine came through just now. I got an interview. Hope you did too!

Last edited:
I just got an email from Florida!!! Finally!!!!!

Congrats guys. Sadly, I don't have an email. My status still says application under review by the Admissions Committee. Good luck to you all.

I'm not sure if I should be hoping to get into San Marcos still or if I should count it a loss. I am comforted to see that this process with USA has been equally awful for everyone else.

Can anyone give me some advice on my predicament:
I applied late November and received confirmation that my application was received, with the standard email: ... wait for a Applicant ID and password in the next 15 business days. I never received any Applicant ID and have been monitoring junk mail as well. I've been calling 2-3 days a week 2-3 times per day since the second week of December and never get a live person. No response despite many emails to [email protected] and no response from the personal email addresses I have been given.

Looks like I'm the first one on this forum who never received this email, so I'm not sure what happened there. I have no way of tracking my progress online... if my application was every really received fully. I also assume there was a supplementary application that needed to be filled out upon receipt of the Applicant ID/ password email.

Any thoughts?

The only thing I can think of for you not getting an email an application ID is that your application was sent/received after the deadline. Was it just the online application, resume, statement of purpose, and autobiography that you sent in?

As to not getting an email, getting someone to actually answer the phone, or getting a call back is a pretty common occurrence unfortunately. Have you tried emailing the admissions person for San Marcos directly? I applied to Austin and don't have their specific email, but I'm sure someone who applied to the campus has their email.

Not really any answers, just thoughts, but I hope this helps you a little bit.

I sure wish I knew what it means to not receive a email and to not have my status changed. It still says I am under review by the admissions committee, but it seems like something should have happened there. Crossing my fingers that I don't see the "expect an email in two weeks" deal, and that that they could possibly be planning a third interview.....

I sure wish I knew what it means to not receive a email and to not have my status changed. It still says I am under review by the admissions committee, but it seems like something should have happened there. Crossing my fingers that I don't see the "expect an email in two weeks" deal, and that that they could possibly be planning a third interview.....

I know how you feel mate. At this point I'm not going to check it too often and let them reach out to me. I plan on reapplying. You could always do that.

San Marcos applicants, check your portals!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted!!! I really thought I did horrible in the interview

San Marcos? Congrats! No email yet but my admission status changed.

yeah Jennifer Finn said she was gonna update the portal before sending out the emails.

How many MoT interviewed today? I had my MOT interview on the 16th for FL and I only counted about 8 MOT students

Is that how many MOT students there were all together or mixed with the dual applicants?

Is that how many MOT students there were all together or mixed with the dual applicants?
On the 16th there were 8 that I counted who were strictly MOT, but there was a second interview with 12 MOT

I just joined this forum because I've been following it for a while! There were 16 MOT students at the interview on the 16th. At least that's what I was told when I was there!

Did anyone get a confirmation email yet for San Marcos? I'm anxiously waiting for it so i know my acceptance is real lol.

Did anyone get a confirmation email yet for San Marcos? I'm anxiously waiting for it so i know my acceptance is real lol.
I was thinking the same thing..I hope this acceptance is real! But nope I haven't gotten an email yet either.

Does anyone know if they normally call you first to let you know you're accepted, before they change your status or send an email?

Does anyone know if they normally call you first to let you know you're accepted, before they change your status or send an email?

At the interview she said theyre not doing phone calls. They'll update your portal first

I applied to Austin back in October and have just gotten activity on my portal this week!!! This has been the most excruciating process. I was told on Wednesday that interviews will be held on February 20th, and to keep that date in mind. But I have not been contacted about anything yet. I know there are several of you wait listed, i'm wondering if I'm even seriously being considered being that I am so late in the ballgame?? Any thoughts?
HEY! I am in the same boat, I was told interviews will be on Feb. 20th, and yesterday the 3rd was the first day activity started. Ill keep you in the loop if I hear anything!

On the 16th there were 8 that I counted who were strictly MOT, but there was a second interview with 12 MOT

I was at the 30th interview and I think there were 10 people there, 2 Dual's, and 8 MOT. Some students had family with them so I can't remember the exact number. It was either 10 or 12 total with two studnets for the Dual program. Do we know how many get accepted for the Summer program? I thought it was 15 for the Summer and 25 for the Spring and Fall. I keep anxiously checking my phone every fifteen minutes for an update. I think the best thing is to just turn my phone off for the next couple days. I do remember being told that the decision process takes "2-3" week's but that the admission committee was going to "expedite" the process since they are so behind trying to open their Miami campus. I had expected to hear something by this Friday the 6th but now I am thinking more like next week sometime.

I was at the 30th interview and I think there were 10 people there, 2 Dual's, and 8 MOT. Some students had family with them so I can't remember the exact number. It was either 10 or 12 total with two studnets for the Dual program. Do we know how many get accepted for the Summer program? I thought it was 15 for the Summer and 25 for the Spring and Fall. I keep anxiously checking my phone every fifteen minutes for an update. I think the best thing is to just turn my phone off for the next couple days. I do remember being told that the decision process takes "2-3" week's but that the admission committee was going to "expedite" the process since they are so behind trying to open their Miami campus. I had expected to hear something by this Friday the 6th but now I am thinking more like next week sometime.
I was at the interview on the 30th too, but I thought they accept 30, and then if they don't feel that there's enough applicants that qualify, they can take a smaller class. I didn't know it was only 15 for summer!

I was at the interview on the 30th too, but I thought they accept 30, and then if they don't feel that there's enough applicants that qualify, they can take a smaller class. I didn't know it was only 15 for summer!

I might be confused about that number so don't take it to heart. The website says they take 25 MOT students per cohort so I think it really depends on the amount of applicants. I know they have less applicants for the summer so I just assume the number accepted is smaller.

Hey Guys! I have been reading this forum for a while to see if anyone has gotten any information from the Florida campus regarding acceptance. I applied for summer 2015 and had my interview on January 16. There were not that many people during my interview session compared to my friends interview session who applied for the summer 2014 program. He told me that the smaller group is good and there's a great chance of getting in. My portal still says that I have been invited for an interview and at my interview Angeline Cloud said that we should have decision within 3 weeks, it may be longer. I emailed her on Monday (fyi that is the best way to get in contact with admissions, as she responded to me within minutes) and she said that decision will go out mid February. Hope this helps.

Hey Guys! I have been reading this forum for a while to see if anyone has gotten any information from the Florida campus regarding acceptance. I applied for summer 2015 and had my interview on January 16. There were not that many people during my interview session compared to my friends interview session who applied for the summer 2014 program. He told me that the smaller group is good and there's a great chance of getting in. My portal still says that I have been invited for an interview and at my interview Angeline Cloud said that we should have decision within 3 weeks, it may be longer. I emailed her on Monday (fyi that is the best way to get in contact with admissions, as she responded to me within minutes) and she said that decision will go out mid February. Hope this helps.

That's really great to hear that there were less than the year before. I remember Angeline saying we would find out in three weeks.... aka tomorrow!! But she said that was the earliest we would find out- meaning it might be longer? :/ I'm so impatient! I hope all goes well for us both! P.s. We must have been in the same interview, good luck!

That's really great to hear that there were less than the year before. I remember Angeline saying we would find out in three weeks.... aka tomorrow!! But she said that was the earliest we would find out- meaning it might be longer? :/ I'm so impatient! I hope all goes well for us both! P.s. We must have been in the same interview, good luck!
I interviewed Jan 16 for DPT at Florida too and Angeline emailed me this week and said that they were having a meeting this week to make decisions. She said she "anticipates us hearing by next week"

I interviewed Jan 16 for DPT at Florida too and Angeline emailed me this week and said that they were having a meeting this week to make decisions. She said she "anticipates us hearing by next week"

She emailed me saying she never got my Instructor Reference :/ that's so weird. So I just sent it to her today. Hopefully that doesn't prevent me from getting in

Did anyone that interviewed today at the Florida campus count how many DPT applicants were there? I'm trying to figure out if they will hold a third interview.

She emailed me saying she never got my Instructor Reference :/ that's so weird. So I just sent it to her today. Hopefully that doesn't prevent me from getting in
that happened to me too! but i saw it on my portal that they didn't receive it so i had my instructor resend it last week and Angeline confirmed that she received it this second time. i don't think it will affect your acceptance though! i think at this point they are just looking at how you did in the interview/on the essay and they know they have been impossible to get in touch with so i feel like they can't put that against you!

For those who were accepted and will be attending the San Marcos Campus this May I am currently looking around for apartments and of course people to room with to cut the cost of living. I'm from Jersey so the moving aspect is something I wish to establish first. Only three months away from the first day of class lol.

Hey my name is James and I'm a current 1st Tri DPT student in the Austin Campus. As you're probably aware the process is lengthy especially getting a response back after interviews.

If you guys have any questions especially for the Austin campus regarding my current experience, the acceptance process (since I just went through it only a few months ago), what the classes are like, where to live in Austin, etc, please feel free to PM me and I'll get to you as soon as possible. Once you get your decision there are many things you have to prepare for ie: financial aid, health records, and all kinds of stuff. Good luck everyone!

HEY! I am in the same boat, I was told interviews will be on Feb. 20th, and yesterday the 3rd was the first day activity started. Ill keep you in the loop if I hear anything!

I was told over the phone last Friday that emails for interview invites would be sent out either today or tomorrow. I haven't gotten anything yet

Does anyone have an interview with DPT in san marcos this friday? I've been emailing Jennifer Finn and she said that she'd send out an official email last Friday but she didn't.. so I emailed her this morning and she's put of the office!
I'm panicking a little.....

Does anyone have an interview with DPT in san marcos this friday? I've been emailing Jennifer Finn and she said that she'd send out an official email last Friday but she didn't.. so I emailed her this morning and she's put of the office!
I'm panicking a little.....

Are you talking about the RSVP confirmation? I didnt get one until two days before my interview and I had already purchased a plane ticket , hotel and car the day of the email invite.

I received an email today from the Austin Campus for a formal invite to an interview!