University of St Augustine summer 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last weekend I got an email from St Augustine asking to choose a secondary campus, but I submitted my app nearly two months ago (without signifying a 2nd campus)... should I be worried they reviewed my app for san marcos denied me and are now asking for my fall back option so they can review me for that campus?

Members don't see this ad.

Last weekend I got an email from St Augustine asking to choose a secondary campus, but I submitted my app nearly two months ago (without signifying a 2nd campus)... should I be worried they reviewed my app for san marcos denied me and are now asking for my fall back option so they can review me for that campus?

I had the exact same thing happened to me. I am applying for San Marcos as well. I submitted and verified well before the August 15th deadline too. I do not know what this means.

Interesting i never seen that before maybe they have filled their seats at San Marcos. I don't think it's a rejection. Maybe try the Miami campus they usually have a harder time filling up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, San Marcos moved fast. I don't see it as a bad thing if they're at least not flat-out denying you and then giving you a shot elsewhere. Did they actually say they denied you?

yea i feel like both san marcos and austin will be the campuses that fill up their seats first. this year due to the hurricane the florida campuses are the last ones. so I would choose those as your second option.

I also had the same thing happen to me... before I received that email though I was asked to move my application from Summer to Spring because they still had spots to fill for the Saint Augustine campus. I then received that same email asking for a second option just in case.. I personally have not chosen a second campus because I only want to attend the Saint Augustine campus. I still recieved an interview though and should hopefully hear back tomorrow whether I got accepted or not.

Reactions: 1 user
I also had the same thing happen to me... before I received that email though I was asked to move my application from Summer to Spring because they still had spots to fill for the Saint Augustine campus. I then received that same email asking for a second option just in case.. I personally have not chosen a second campus because I only want to attend the Saint Augustine campus. I still recieved an interview though and should hopefully hear back tomorrow whether I got accepted or not.
good luck and keep us updated!

Meanwhile, I still haven't heard anything at all for Summer Flex @ Austin... <sob> lol

Meanwhile, I still haven't heard anything at all for Summer Flex @ Austin... <sob> lol
keep your head up it isn't over til your get a rejection. maybe there's a later interview date or they'll ask you for a second campus designation

Reactions: 1 users

I know someone who was given the option of either being wailisted for their campus of choice, or being admitted to a different campus. It's possible that may be the same case for you.

A bunch of people replied to my post (I'm grateful for the feedback) so I'll just reply with just one post instead of 6 lol.

I ended up choosing their Austin campus, really the only other place I would be willing to go except for San Marcos. Hopefully they just wanted me to cover my bases. I hope it isn't them rejecting me for San Marcos but seeing if I would go to another campus just in case....

I'm really hoping San Marcos isn't full, from the thread it sounds like they only have a Jan 26 interview date scheduled so far.

Does anyone know if a second interview date has been sceduled for the San Marcos campus? I could be mistaken but it didn't seem like there were 65 residential DPT applicants at the Nov 17th interview.

Does anyone know if a second interview date has been sceduled for the San Marcos campus? I could be mistaken but it didn't seem like there were 65 residential DPT applicants at the Nov 17th interview.

I made a (probably terrible) attempt at counting, and only counted about 70ish people. A little less than half of those were OT candidates, so (unless I was WAY off) there can't have been 65 applicants at the Nov 17th interview... But I read on the spring 2018 thread that someone applying for flex interviewed at San Marcos on December 2nd, maybe they had summer candidates at that interview too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah there has to be a second interview at San Marcos. I would email them if I were you

If I remember correctly, I believe Jennifer Finn mentioned that there would be more interview dates for San Marcos. Is 65 the usual cohort size?

I think you guys might be reading too much into the second campus option.
I applied for St. Augustine and they asked for second option. I answered it. Two days later I was given an interview at S.A.

Don't worry everyone.

I have a question regarding USAs graduation and completion rates.

I was offered a spot in USA's 2018 Spring flex cohort.
On their website it says their graduation rates for flex dpt was 91% and 100% for 2014 and 2015, however in our intent to enroll packet it states the graduation rate for 2015 was 78% and for 2014 was 94%. I’m just unsure which is accurate and it’s really affecting my willingness to spend 105k in money I don't have on my education. The 2015 numbers, obviously, are the ones that are worrisome to me

Has anyone else noticed this or know any more information?

Last edited:
I have a question regarding USAs graduation and completion rates.

I was offered a spot in USA's 2018 Spring flex cohort.
On their website it says their graduation rates for flex dpt was 91% and 100% for 2014 and 2015, however in our intent to enroll packet it states the graduation rate for 2015 was 78% and for 2014 was 94%. I’m just unsure which is accurate and it’s really affecting my willingness to spend 105k in money I don't have on my education. The 2015 numbers, obviously, are the ones that are worrisome to me

Has anyone else noticed this or know any more information?

You have an intent to enroll packet? I can't confirm what's in there, because I only have the packet we got at the interview, and I don't see a form with graduation rates in there. Are the graduation rates you listed for 2014 and 2015 from the packet for the San Marcos campus, or the St. Augustine campus? I can see how it would be possible, if they are in reference to the St. Augustine campus (which the website says has a 91% grad rate averaged over both 2014 and 2015). That would just mean the website is presenting a weighted average for 2014+2015, and 2014's cohort was significantly larger than 2015's. So the average skews toward 2014's grad rate, which you say was 94%. If the numbers in your packet are for San Marcos (which the website says has a 100% average over 2014+2015), I have no idea how that makes any sense.

If you have any reservations, though, it may be best just to call up the school, and ask them to clarify their graduation rates? Maybe they'd be able to help you make your decision

Last edited:
Hey guys, just to add, I received an invitation for an interview at the San Marcos campus for the summer cohort. The email was on Wednesday dec 6th to be present on the 11th. I traveled there from Mass, got there on Sunday and left Monday night... It was 2 days of insanity..still recovering..
there was less than 20 students - majority was for full time residency/summer, and a couple flex/Jan. The Campus is beautiful..

Hey guys, just to add, I received an invitation for an interview at the San Marcos campus for the summer cohort. The email was on Wednesday dec 6th to be present on the 11th. I traveled there from Mass, got there on Sunday and left Monday night... It was 2 days of insanity..still recovering..
there was less than 20 students - majority was for full time residency/summer, and a couple flex/Jan. The Campus is beautiful..
What was the interview format like? Was it a group setting?

What was the interview format like? Was it a group setting?

Yes, we all had an orientation, then split into groups of 3 maybe 4, mine was the first picked and I had 3. We all went at the same time because when we were done, I saw everyone else was done also. The interview was about 40 minutes long. My group's interview went smoothly, the interviewer was very easy to talk too and very even handed, she showed zero inflections indicating anyone was better than anyone else..Very professional.

Was accepted into the 2018 Austin summer program this past week! Is there a facebook page yet?

I just received an interview invitation today for USA Austin Summer 2018. I'm a bit confused because from reading this thread it seems as though I am way further behind in the process than many others.? Does anyone know if this is normal or if my interview being this late means that I am likely just to be a wait list candidate at best?

I just received an interview invitation today for USA Austin Summer 2018. I'm a bit confused because from reading this thread it seems as though I am way further behind in the process than many others.? Does anyone know if this is normal or if my interview being this late means that I am likely just to be a wait list candidate at best?
Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear back about an interview for the summer Flex DPT program at Austin. You're not alone, lol. The school seems to be about 2 months behind in the admissions process. Also, based on what I've heard from a couple people who already interviewed at Austin, the groups so far have been small. I wouldn't read into it too much because apparently the first interview for the St. Aug campus is in late Jan too (and they're usually quicker to fill up). Take what I say with a grain of salt, though. ;)

Last edited:
Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear back about an interview for the summer Flex DPT program at Austin. You're not alone, lol. The school seems to be about 2 months behind in the admissions process. Also, based on what I've heard from a couple people who already interviewed at Austin, the groups so far have been small. I wouldn't read into it too much because apparently the first interview for the St. Aug campus is in late Jan too (and they're usually quicker to fill up). Take what I say with a grain of salt, though. ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Im hopeful that the late interview date is nothing of significance. Good luck btw, I hope you hear something soon!

Yes, we all had an orientation, then split into groups of 3 maybe 4, mine was the first picked and I had 3. We all went at the same time because when we were done, I saw everyone else was done also. The interview was about 40 minutes long. My group's interview went smoothly, the interviewer was very easy to talk too and very even handed, she showed zero inflections indicating anyone was better than anyone else..Very professional.
Do you mind sharing the questions that were asked?

Still waiting to hear back from Austin for Summer Flex. Interestly enough, I received a call today to start at the Saint Augustine campus in Spring 2018. I have until tomorrow to give an answer.

Do you mind sharing the questions that were asked?
Sure,
mind you, when I came out and talked to the other students, they had different questions which seemed more along the line of others I've seen in other posts. Mine were:

Tell me about yourself?
Whats a challenging situation and how you over came it? ->she asked this twice! which was a surprise to all of us, it was definitely a trip up moment.
What can you bring to the program ?
Tell me a time you observed professionalism ?
If you were told you had to do your first clinical in another state, say Colorado, how would you react, would you yell at me?
--I think thats it besides: do you have any questions for me?

Reactions: 2 users
Still waiting to hear back from Austin for Summer Flex. Interestly enough, I received a call today to start at the Saint Augustine campus in Spring 2018. I have until tomorrow to give an answer.
So did they basically give you a guaranteed acceptance to St. Aug versus a non-guarantee for Austin (even though it's looking good for you either way)?

So did they basically give you a guaranteed acceptance to St. Aug versus a non-guarantee for Austin (even though it's looking good for you either way)?
Pretty much! Just an earlier start date. It’s a nerve wracking process to say the least.

Guys, after 4 months of waiting I finally received an invitation to interview for the Flex program at Austin on Jan 27th!!! I can't believe it - I had honestly started to prepare myself for rejection. Thanks to everyone for helping me stay positive.

Reactions: 8 users
Guys, after 4 months of waiting I finally received an invitation to interview for the Flex program at Austin on Jan 27th!!! I can't believe it - I had honestly started to prepare myself for rejection. Thanks to everyone for helping me stay positive.
Finally!! I'm sooooo happy for you. You're like one of the most active posters on here and I've been following you. I'm glad you got invited. Now kill the interview, you got this!!

Yaaay!!! Happy for you!!

was thinking about applying for the fall 2018 semester around May because i still have 3 pre reqs to do. would that be a tad bit too late? i would be going for flex

was thinking about applying for the fall 2018 semester around May because i still have 3 pre reqs to do. would that be a tad bit too late? i would be going for flex
You can still apply now with 3 outstanding (unless you're still working through other parts of the app). And based on what I've seen so far, no it won't be too late lol. Especially for Flex, they always accept applicants until all seats are filled.

YAY! Congrats! I will see you there :)

Thank you! Full-time.
Congrats! I was accepted to the summer start in Austin as well. Have you received the email about sending your deposit yet? I received the financial aid letter, and instructions to log on to the portal, but nothing about the deposit. So I wasn't sure if we just log on and pay or if there is a set date to pay by and I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone.

Congrats! I was accepted to the summer start in Austin as well. Have you received the email about sending your deposit yet? I received the financial aid letter, and instructions to log on to the portal, but nothing about the deposit. So I wasn't sure if we just log on and pay or if there is a set date to pay by and I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone.

Congrats Ill see you there! I am in the same boat as far as the deposit goes. Only those couple of emails, nothing else.

Also I just started a facebook group for our class. Type in "University St. Augustine Dpt Summer 2018 Austin" and it should pop up!

Congrats Ill see you there! I am in the same boat as far as the deposit goes. Only those couple of emails, nothing else.

Also I just started a facebook group for our class. Type in "University St. Augustine Dpt Summer 2018 Austin" and it should pop up!

Hello there,

I have my interview for summer 2018 Austin on January 26th. Any advice or information about the interview questions they ask?

Hello there,

I have my interview for summer 2018 Austin on January 26th. Any advice or information about the interview questions they ask?

In the forum I searched "St. Augustine Interview" in which plenty of previously asked interview questions will pop up. I practiced responses to all the questions, making sure I hit on the points they would be looking for. Make sure to definitely have the "Tell me about yourself" and "why physical therapy" questions down. Be ready for an integrity question and scenarios. Also have questions ready to ask before/during the interview. Everyone is super nice and inviting so honestly just dress nice/be yourself and you'll do great! Good luck!

Good luck with the interview!
1) I looked at past (2016-current) USA posts about interview questions. I made flasch cards for each question and on the back I put down 2-3 strong points. Many of the questions over lap and you can use similar answers/examples. Make sure u write down an example or two for each question because they want to hear about your experiences.

2) I practiced “tell me about your self” and “why PT” the most because there is a lot you can say but you should only talk about 3 main/strong and unique points. Again, use examples!
— the funny thing is I never got those questions lol.My questions were very specific

Here was my experience:
My interviewer Introduced herself, talked a little bit about the school and then finally began to ask questions. The 30 minutes flew by and I felt like I didn’t get to say all of my strong points(but I got in so not Guna complain). She asked me questions like: how do you deal with stress/time management, learning style, and a scenario question. Both the other applicant and I got different questions. And that’s it. I asked her 3 questions at the end.

It seemed a bit rush to me but I think it was because the professors were busy with exams. Anyway it’s best to keep your answers between 1-3 min depending on the question and only talk about the most important things.

I have never done a formal interview or school interview before this one so I was superrrrrrr nervous. However everything went smoothly because they the day began with the orientation and the faculty members were very welcoming and they knew we were all nervous. Just take a deep breath and take my advice that it’s not as nerve racking as u may think it will be if you are nervous.

I practiced for about 4 days before my interview. While driving to work I would say my answers out loud and that helped a lot.

Wow so your entire group interview only lasted 30 minutes?? That's slightly baffling. Perhaps what some people say is true, that they've mostly made up their minds about applicants beforehand and the interview is just to confirm you're a competent being lol.

Hey Guys!

I just received an acceptance offer from the University of St. Augustine for the Summer 2018 entering class! Hoping to hear others did too!
Hey just wondering I was just accepted into USA Summer 2018 DPT program as well and I was wondering if you received your enrollment forms yet?

Hi everyone so I recently followed this thread and figured out how to work this thing but I was accepted into USA for the Summer 2018 at San Marcos and I was wondering if anyone else who was accepted received a phone call and their enrollment forms? It has been almost a month now and I haven't received anything. Please let me know if I should be worried!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone so I recently followed this thread and figured out how to work this thing but I was accepted into USA for the Summer 2018 at San Marcos and I was wondering if anyone else who was accepted received a phone call and their enrollment forms? It has been almost a month now and I haven't received anything. Please let me know if I should be worried!!!!!!!!

I never received an acceptance form, but I received my enrollment forms a day or two after I was accepted. I would contact them asap, because there’s a pretty long list of things you need to do to ensure your enrollment

I never received an acceptance form, but I received my enrollment forms a day or two after I was accepted. I would contact them asap, because there’s a pretty long list of things you need to do to ensure your enrollment
Oh no! Okay thank you!!!

Oh no! Okay thank you!!!
I meant to type acceptance phone call.

Like I said there’s a good amount of things you need to take care of, but you still have plenty of time to complete them. They do give you a pretty early deadline for the enrollment agreement form, so that’s something to watch out for